Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyOwnAddress Custom Bitcoin/AltCoin Addresses!  (Read 2872 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:55:43 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 03:16:40 AM by jaywaka2713

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.
MOVED: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225680.0

COMPLETE BUSINESS RESTRUCTURE

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

I just started my first Bitcoin business! MyOwnAddress is a service where I will generate you a custom Bitcoin vanity address with a prefix of 1 to 6 specified characters!

Site Page: http://myownaddress.openbtcshop.com/

I currently have a lottery running, containing 50,000 vanity addresses with the prefix 1BTC! Each ticket is 0.0001 BTC and there is no limit for how many tickets can be purchased! The lottery page can be viewed here: http://myownaddress.openbtcshop.com/?product=lottery-100000-prefix-1btc-addresses.

I currently do not generate addresses longer than 6 characters, but once I have enough funds to make my own custom rig, I will add options for 7, 8, and maybe even 9 character addresses!

Come check it out and order your own vanity address, or gift one for a friend today!

You can also donate to my service by sending Bitcoins to 1HbLQD8NdvZL7sgVof2YUvTi6RzLhKX773. All donations will be put to purchasing computer hardware to make a powerful rig for generating addresses.

how much for a 1 character vanity address  Grin

/troll off

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:04:00 PM

The method you are using is insecure.  You will know the private keys and thus can access funds at anytime.  Potential buyers should be aware of this.  It is possible to produce vanity addresses in a manner where you don't know the private key do a little reading and you will find the topic on it.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:06:52 PM

The method you are using is insecure.  You will know the private keys and thus can access funds at anytime.  Potential buyers should be aware of this.  It is possible to produce vanity addresses in a manner where you don't know the private key do a little reading and you will find the topic on it.

I would love to have access to that method. Could you please post a link to that resource?

I know my method is very insecure. I don't have a bad rep anywhere and use this username for everything. You could google my username and find loads of stuff. If you could provide a secure method I'll give you a free vanity address of your choice with a 5 character or less prefix!

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:10:14 PM

The method you are using is insecure.  You will know the private keys and thus can access funds at anytime.  Potential buyers should be aware of this.  It is possible to produce vanity addresses in a manner where you don't know the private key do a little reading and you will find the topic on it.
As firstbitsrepo.com now does.  Wink
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:13:15 PM

The method you are using is insecure.  You will know the private keys and thus can access funds at anytime.  Potential buyers should be aware of this.  It is possible to produce vanity addresses in a manner where you don't know the private key do a little reading and you will find the topic on it.
As firstbitsrepo.com now does.  Wink

His method of delivery is none more secure than mine other than the fact that he delivers them via PGP. I use PrivNote.
EDIT: I have also added the method of sending the text file via an encrypted 7-zip archive and sending the password for the archive over privnote.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:21:39 PM

His method of delivery is none more secure than mine other than the fact that he delivers them via PGP. I use PrivNote.
EDIT: I have also added the method of sending the text file via an encrypted 7-zip archive and sending the password for the archive over privnote.
It's not the delivery method, it is the vanity address generation method.  The pre-generated addresses sold there are no more secure than yours, but the split-key generated ones most certainly are.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:29:17 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 11:58:56 PM by jaywaka2713

It's not the delivery method, it is the vanity address generation method.  The pre-generated addresses sold there are no more secure than yours, but the split-key generated ones most certainly are.

I've just figured out the split-key generation method, and I agree, it is 100% more secure. I will revise the site to reflect that being the method of generation. When ordering, your public key will be placed in the order comments box, along with your email, and I will then email you my generated private key. Because you specified the split-key generation as being more secure, I'll give you a free vanity address with a prefix of 5 characters or less!

EDIT: I have specified new instructions on the site for split-key generation, and now the generation is 100% fraud free!
EDIT2: I also added all of my contact info (Name, Address, Email) because anonymity is not important to me. My hosting is anonymous because I registered through OpenBTCShop and they use Wordpress. I will purchase my own hosting eventually.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:29:14 AM

Nice improvement.  Bitcoin enables provable systems.  Provably fair gambling.  Provably secure generated addresses.   Always good to take advantage of what Bitcoin enables.  Also good for you.  Someday in the future if one of your clients gets hacked, you never having the private key provides deniability.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:40:16 AM

Nice improvement.  Bitcoin enables provable systems.  Provably fair gambling.  Provably secure generated addresses.   Always good to take advantage of what Bitcoin enables.  Also good for you.  Someday in the future if one of your clients gets hacked, you never having the private key provides deniability.

That deniability is very important with this type of business too. Would you like a free vanity address for your comments and help? 1 to 5 character prefix if case sensitive and 1 to 7 characters if case insensitive. I'll have it done tomorrow.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:13:40 AM

No thanks just glad the service is more secure now.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Privnote lol
Go to bitaddress.org, you can create a vanity address for free
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:25:49 PM

Privnote lol
Go to bitaddress.org, you can create a vanity address for free

My order method was completely changed and privnote is no longer needed. I now email the other half of the private key, and will use privnote if requested. Split-key generation is now my process. Also, bitaddress.org will not make a vanity address for you. They give you the first half of your private key and the public key i need to make the second half of the private key for you. This ensures I never have your full private key. Vanity services generate the address you request though, not bitaddress.org

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 10:42:35 PM

I would like to point out that jaywaka is one of our new store owners from OpenBitcoinStore (OBS). He/she's done a tremendous job launching a business with a store backed by OBS.

In case anyone is interested, you too can launch a store and make a business, if you have a good idea for a product or service to sell. It just has to be something different from jaywaka's because they are doing it too well for you to compete ;-)

Visit openbitcoinstore.com to see how easy it is and rememer: free to launch, free to host, free to sell, no risk.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:10:12 PM

I would like to point out that jaywaka is one of our new store owners from OpenBitcoinStore (OBS). He/she's done a tremendous job launching a business with a store backed by OBS.

In case anyone is interested, you too can launch a store and make a business, if you have a good idea for a product or service to sell. It just has to be something different from jaywaka's because they are doing it too well for you to compete ;-)

Visit openbitcoinstore.com to see how easy it is and rememer: free to launch, free to host, free to sell, no risk.

Thank you for supporting me and for the comments! And just to vouch, OpenBitcoinStore is such an easy service to use. I will eventually transfer my domain from myownaddress.openbtcshop.com to a dedicated address soon, but the setup process was easy and fast! I just recommend that you set the site up first before you start the BitPay registration process. Other than that, I wouldn't have started my business if it wasnt for OBS. Come check out MyOwnAddress for your own custom bitcoin vanity address! They are VERY inexpensive.

aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Thank you for supporting me and for the comments! And just to vouch, OpenBitcoinStore is such an easy service to use. I will eventually transfer my domain from myownaddress.openbtcshop.com to a dedicated address soon [...]

Thank you!

FYI: A custom domain can be setup for your store in a matter of minutes.

Instructions are here: http://openbitcoinstore.com/index.php/get-a-store/custom-domain/

I'll let you guess how much we charge for this service. ;-)

(it's free, of course)

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:39:02 PM

Thank you for supporting me and for the comments! And just to vouch, OpenBitcoinStore is such an easy service to use. I will eventually transfer my domain from myownaddress.openbtcshop.com to a dedicated address soon [...]

Thank you!

FYI: A custom domain can be setup for your store in a matter of minutes.

Instructions are here: http://openbitcoinstore.com/index.php/get-a-store/custom-domain/

I'll let you guess how much we charge for this service. ;-)

(it's free, of course)

So I pay for the DNS from DNSimple and send you guys the details for my custom domain?

aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:03:43 AM

You can use whoever you want for DNS. We recommend DNSimple, as do a lot of savvy technical people because they are awesome and have a great API and interface. They also are first to implement the new DNS features.

But use whoever you want to buy and host the DNS and then just tell us the name and... done!

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

You can use whoever you want for DNS. We recommend DNSimple, as do a lot of savvy technical people because they are awesome and have a great API and interface. They also are first to implement the new DNS features.

But use whoever you want to buy and host the DNS and then just tell us the name and... done!

Will do! Once I get $36.00 for a year's hosting I will send you the information.

ALSO, edited the OP. Cleaner, and more up-to-date.

aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:27:17 AM

Just FYI, there are other DNS companies that can do it for as low as $8. I'd call them "horriblycomplexdns" compared to our hoster DNSimple, but it may be worth it to save money. At the end of the day, a simple DNS record is the same no matter what. Will be slower and less reliable, but it will work

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: