Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:51:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of Bitcoin users.  (Read 13100 times)
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:25:37 AM

Recently, a comprehensive cyrpto currency study was conducted by the university of cambridge.Although,it has revealed various aspects of bitcoin such as total number of wallets used,number of unique users of crypto currency wallets,but finally they have said that it is impossible to know precisely how many people use crypto currency.What do you think? Can we atleast get an approximate number of  total Bitcoin users world wide?

It is possible to get the precise number of bitcoin users if ever all the users are using a bitcoin wallet services that are collecting some personal information from a certain user for verification purposes such as IDs or bank account or whatsoever but this case wouldn't be in favor of the users .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:48:58 AM

the impossibility to know how many users there are go together, with the enhanced privacy that bitcoin give over fiat, this prove the pseudo anonimity already

i remember that not long time ago the numbers was estimated around 3 million, based on lost coin and other factors related to exchange and identification, right now i believe it's much higher due to india, japan joining in heavily
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:00:44 AM

Recently, a comprehensive cyrpto currency study was conducted by the university of cambridge.Although,it has revealed various aspects of bitcoin such as total number of wallets used,number of unique users of crypto currency wallets,but finally they have said that it is impossible to know precisely how many people use crypto currency.What do you think? Can we atleast get an approximate number of  total Bitcoin users world wide?

It is possible to get the precise number of bitcoin users if ever all the users are using a bitcoin wallet services that are collecting some personal information from a certain user for verification purposes such as IDs or bank account or whatsoever but this case wouldn't be in favor of the users .
That'll never happen.  Online wallets aren't Bitcoin wallets in the conventional sense, they're someone else's Bitcoin wallet.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:11:37 AM

That is not a good concept to find the actual number and we cannot find actual number through this method. we know a single bitcoin user has a multiple wallet at the same time and through this we can't find the actual number. even i have 4 different wallets at different places so, according to me it is very difficult to find the actual number of its users and i think we can only assume the amount by different surveys and analysing the different sources of earning.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:22:20 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 08:13:35 AM by UCHCHILD

You cannot really get the precise number of bitcoin users.
Like how can you start on to count? Where will you start on? It is so impossible on, it is decentralized money, it cannot manage like what we have in fiat. I guess only those developers can really say that. But then, developers remain silent to this thing, and for sure they going to just keep this secret, so that no one can manipulate it. I guess knowing the volume of users can make some studies and manipulate the flow of the money and coins.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:47:33 AM

That'll never happen.  Online wallets aren't Bitcoin wallets in the conventional sense, they're someone else's Bitcoin wallet.
Yes true, honestly right now I've been using more than 5 online wallet, if the calculated data of course will feature 5 user whereas only 1 person, I think the best way is of the user data that comes from the provider the provider wallet, surely more accurate.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:21:58 AM

Really? I guess not, it is impossible to see the exact volume of users of bitcoin in the way you are suggesting. There are a lot of bitcoin wallet out there and some uses off line wallet which is not I guess counted on what you are suggesting.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:27:06 AM

Really? I guess not, it is impossible to see the exact volume of users of bitcoin in the way you are suggesting. There are a lot of bitcoin wallet out there and some uses off line wallet which is not I guess counted on what you are suggesting.
I agree with you there is a lot of things to consider before looking for the exact number of bitcoin users because it needs a lot of time and effort in order to know the exact number because we will need a lot on information from the different kind of wallets online and to those hardware wallets sellers and a lot more, so it is impossible to know the exact number and we don't need to look for the exact numbers of bitcoin users because we already know that it is increasing every day.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 07:33:35 AM

You cannot really get the precise number of bitcoin users.
Like how can you start on to count? Where will you start on? It is so impossible on, it is decentralized money, it cannot manage like what we have in fiat. I guess only those developers can really say that.
Yes, It's completely impossible task. Is there any gadget to calculate the accurate Bitcoin user or it's near? No, I have no idea about regarding the issue. How many people use/hold bitcoin right now or the last year, some calculation just come to different idea, not use any method.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:59:49 AM

And for sure an individual can make a multiple bitcoin wallet account so how can you get precise number there? Its almost an impossible query to sort out as we are highly unlike to get the accurate results.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:08:43 AM

perhaps until now there is no certainty that explains how many active users and the number of bitcoin holdings scattered in various countries
abstractednerve

Activity: 752

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

And for sure an individual can make a multiple bitcoin wallet account so how can you get precise number there? Its almost an impossible query to sort out as we are highly unlike to get the accurate results.

Yes its impossible to predict the exact number of users using bitcoins as most of the users have multiple wallets to store their bitcoins so in that case it will be very hard to find the exact percentage of users involved in bitcoins.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:01:35 PM

I have a doubt. Should we call someone getting BTC0.001 or BTC0.0001 once in a while from various faucets and tips as a Bitcoin user? Where are we going to put the line?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:02:53 PM

I have a doubt. Should we call someone getting BTC0.001 or BTC0.0001 once in a while from various faucets and tips as a Bitcoin user? Where are we going to put the line?

That's a valid Q indeed.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:35:36 AM

wallet openings is irrelevant. transaction levels are irrelevant.

Exactly! Given the nature of the Bitcoin transactions,  it's going to be a mirage knowing the total number of its users. For instance, I as a single individual have three Bitcoin wallets and have done over 20 transactions on all three on different addresses. So, how those one determine that all is from one person? It's really impossible.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:56:25 AM

That's a valid Q indeed.

Yes, there are allot of people even here who just get some Satoshi once in a while from signature campaigns, and convert it to fiat as soon as possible. Are they Bitcoin users?
And we can't find an accurate number of Bitcoin users using the wallets or transactions.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
TimeManLove

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:58:08 AM

That's a valid Q indeed.

Yes, there are allot of people even here who just get some Satoshi once in a while from signature campaigns, and convert it to fiat as soon as possible. Are they Bitcoin users?
And we can't find an accurate number of Bitcoin users using the wallets or transactions.

People who receive several Satoshi sometimes do not even understand what Bitcoin is and why it is needed. I do not consider them bitcoin users.
Real users are consciously aware of bitcoin and are aware of its advantages
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:53:43 AM

wallet openings is irrelevant. transaction levels are irrelevant.

Exactly! Given the nature of the Bitcoin transactions,  it's going to be a mirage knowing the total number of its users. For instance, I as a single individual have three Bitcoin wallets and have done over 20 transactions on all three on different addresses. So, how those one determine that all is from one person? It's really impossible.
Of course it is impossible because of the issue of having a lot of multiple wallets and the capability to create wallet more than on in just one IP and that is what makes this survey very hard to finish because of those conflicts, if bitcoin has only one wallet and one wallet per one IP then it will be possible for us to know the exact number of bitcoin users.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:09:22 PM

That's a valid Q indeed.

People who receive several Satoshi sometimes do not even understand what Bitcoin is and why it is needed. I do not consider them bitcoin users.
That is a good point in this discussion, I have many friends who have been using faucets, and different wallet services ( for example, Xapo ) to send them later, but the part of them have made more than one wallet, without even sending any money in there, because faucet was way too boring for them!
It made me kind of laugh, because i've been advising this people to not touch this boring activity, but after I have recommended them going on bitcointalk.org, they have got persuaded to start with faucet sites, looks like many people are actually advising newbies to stick only to faucets.

So yes, people that have made themselves a bitcoin wallet does not have to be a bitcoin users too. They could have just get irritated with the whole knowledge, what caused them to not touch  their satoshis anymore.
21kevin21

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:11:31 PM

That's a valid Q indeed.

Yes, they do not understand all the advantages of this currency, because they simply do not have it. You can not earn something for a few satoshs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: