Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:45:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:06:52 PM

Escrow Team has been finalized:

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

A multi-sig wallet will be held by the above 3 members for the ICO. More details soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:15:32 PM

Escrow Team has been finalized:

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

A multi-sig wallet will be held by the above 3 members for the ICO. More details soon.

thanks for updating.....
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:35:01 PM

Joining this campaign.
Thanks. Grin
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:43:23 PM

Joining this campaign.
Thanks. Grin

Added you, if you want to enroll for other bounties please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

Also, please update your Avatar.

Thanks!
koko UK

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:03:56 PM

FRENCH TRANSLATION DONE : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1871577

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█              ◄✦►REVOLUTIONIZING WORLD TRADE◄✦►            █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
TEX COIN              ◄✦►PRE ICO SEPT 30 ─  ICO NOV 2017 ◄✦►            TEX COIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ◄✦► FACEBOOK TWITTER TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER ◄✦►   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tiger5056

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:24:03 PM

is this only going to cover where ever goole map available in country? also how about IOS version for apple?

Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:36:12 PM

Portuguese translation completed and posted

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1871606.0
WiC Team

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:39:52 PM

is this only going to cover where ever goole map available in country? also how about IOS version for apple?

Hi

Both Android and IOS versions of the app are planned. Also, we are looking for offline solutions like Sygic for places where google maps are blocked but that will not be available at launch. That feature will be added as an update. Also, good to know is that this will be a free app. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks!
WiC Team

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

First WiC blog: http://icoaltcoinnews.blogspot.co.id/2017/04/wic-wi-coin-killer-app-ico-karunia.html

Thanks billysaputra Smiley
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:34:19 PM

lol thats not english!
Nea Sandu

Activity: 478
Merit: 285

Crypto Way is the only Way!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 06:43:54 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, I can go to my local Starbucks cafe, get the password, enter it into the WiC app and thereafter anyone who wants to use that Starbucks' WiFi has to pay WiC's to me ? wouldn't Starbucks have something to say about that ?

Nice question. Ok so first of all, places like starbucks usually have an open network with no password required to connect. After you connect to the Wi-Fi, they ask you to login via their site.

Now, assuming it was password protected and you uploaded the password in the app, yes everyone who wants to connect to that Wi-Fi and use the app will have to pay you. Someone who is not having the app can always try to get the password by asking the staff. Hope that clarifies.

So there's some kinda loophole here.  Grin
Using starbucks as example here - starbucks won't know that you are earning some cryptocurrency from their wifi services if you are the one who uploaded the password. But it will affect their wifi performance owed to others that supposedly are not connected to them.
I bet that shop would not permit their wifi connection to their non-customers. So the scenario would be the same to other shops/stalls that allow their wifi services to their customers only.
It's perfectly fine for malls or airports as they are really catering the public.

Yes this is possible, but businesses that are very particular about this, usually keep changing their passwords consistently.

Hello WiC team, very interesting ideea and will folow. I will join signature campaign to. But i whant to ask some q:
1. It will be posible to share wifi via app from a country to another? Also from a continent to another?
2. What are the benefics from it? Why should i pay for wifi instead of asking the password? It is more secure, fast, untraceble?
3. Regarding the starbuks exemple, how you plan to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

WiC Team

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:06:34 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, I can go to my local Starbucks cafe, get the password, enter it into the WiC app and thereafter anyone who wants to use that Starbucks' WiFi has to pay WiC's to me ? wouldn't Starbucks have something to say about that ?

Nice question. Ok so first of all, places like starbucks usually have an open network with no password required to connect. After you connect to the Wi-Fi, they ask you to login via their site.

Now, assuming it was password protected and you uploaded the password in the app, yes everyone who wants to connect to that Wi-Fi and use the app will have to pay you. Someone who is not having the app can always try to get the password by asking the staff. Hope that clarifies.

Using starbucks as example here - starbucks won't know that you are earning some cryptocurrency from their wifi services if you are the one who uploaded the password. But it will affect their wifi performance owed to others that supposedly are not connected to them.
I bet that shop would not permit their wifi connection to their non-customers. So the scenario would be the same to other shops/stalls that allow their wifi services to their customers only.
It's perfectly fine for malls or airports as they are really catering the public.

Yes this is possible, but businesses that are very particular about this, usually keep changing their passwords consistently.

Hello WiC team, very interesting ideea and will folow. I will join signature campaign to. But i whant to ask some q:
1. It will be posible to share wifi via app from a country to another? Also from a continent to another?
2. What are the benefics from it? Why should i pay for wifi instead of asking the password? It is more secure, fast, untraceble?

Thanks in advance

Hey, thanks for taking interest.

1) The CryptoWi app will be available to everybody worldwide and anyone with a smartphone will be able to download and use it. Also, all the passwords will be available to every user regardless of country or continent. So if you are a user from New York and go on a holiday to London for example, you will be able to use this app there as well and access passwords of places there.

2) Many a times it is not possible to simply ask for the password. Let me explain this with an example. Suppose you are walking down a street and need to use the internet, you open the app and connect to any available wifi (even if it has a password). On the contrary, if you would had to ask for the password, first you would not know who to ask and second it would be highly likely he/she would not give it to you for free. WiC payments give the wifi owners an incentive to share it.

Another instance where the app would come in handy is when you are traveling to different places. Different countries have different cultures and people might not be willing to just give their wifi to strangers unless they are incentivized in some way. The CryptoWi app solves that.

Then there might be places that give passwords only to their immediate customers like hotels. The app can come in really handy at such places. These are just a few of the many times, this app will make life easier.

3) In the starbucks example you have quoted, the problem is that the wifi performance of the business might go down and they might not like others sharing their wifi passwords. This is in fact not an issue to any user of the app. If anything, users have an advantage with this.

To join the bounty campaign please register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

Feel free to post any further questions Smiley
mankeen

Activity: 644
Merit: 292

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:31:15 PM

The project will be very good
Nea Sandu

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 07:34:06 PM

Thanks in advance

1) The CryptoWi app will be available to everybody worldwide and anyone with a smartphone will be able to download and use it. Also, all the passwords will be available to every user regardless of country or continent. So if you are a user from New York and go on a holiday to London for example, you will be able to use this app there as well and access passwords of places there.

2) Many a times it is not possible to simply ask for the password. Let me explain this with an example. Suppose you are walking down a street and need to use the internet, you open the app and connect to any available wifi (even if it has a password). On the contrary, if you would had to ask for the password, first you would not know who to ask and second it would be highly likely he/she would not give it to you for free. WiC payments give the wifi owners an incentive to share it.

Another instance where the app would come in handy is when you are traveling to different places. Different countries have different cultures and people might not be willing to just give their wifi to strangers unless they are incentivized in some way. The CryptoWi app solves that.

Then there might be places that give passwords only to their immediate customers like hotels. The app can come in really handy at such places. These are just a few of the many times, this app will make life easier.

3) In the starbucks example you have quoted, the problem is that the wifi performance of the business might go down and they might not like others sharing their wifi passwords. This is in fact not an issue to any user of the app. If anything, users have an advantage with this.

To join the bounty campaign please register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

Thanks for fast answear. Indeed, this app can be handy some time. Cool
I did register for sig bounty campaign at the link provided.

I see in the OP that will be 25 mil ICO coins. In coin specification i see total suply 100 mil. I am totaly confused here.
Thanks

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

WiC Team

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:41:04 PM

Thanks in advance

Thanks for fast answear. Indeed, this app can be handy some time. Cool
I did register for sig bounty campaign at the link provided.

I see in the OP that will be 25 mil ICO coins. In coin specification i see total suply 100 mil. I am totaly confused here.
Thanks

Below is the break up of all coins:

Total supply = 100 Million WiC
ICO = 25 Million WiC
In App Distribution = 10 Million WiC
Bounties = 1 Million WiC
Coins mined by POW = 64 Million WiC
nolispui

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:44:32 PM

>>> ITALIAN TRANSLATION COMPLETED <<<

Nea Sandu

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 08:10:50 PM

Great! x11 algoritm Sad to bad i can't mine it with my rigs...
Very nice ideea and you make me currios how is actually working.Smiley

Users, when they will share wifi, will they be able to set price/time(30min, hour, day)?
And tell us more about security.

Thanks

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:29:15 PM

Great! x11 algoritm Sad to bad i can't mine it with my rigs...
Very nice ideea and you make me currios how is actually working.Smiley

Users, when they will share wifi, will they be able to set price/time(30min, hour, day)?
And tell us more about security.

Thanks

Thanks for the support! Users will be able to set a one time price, it will not be time based. Using the app won't make you untraceable and it will be like using any other wifi network.
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:33:01 PM

Will you guys put rating system for each wifi host there.?
Easier to pick the good one bfore pay for it.
WiC Team

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:50:41 PM

Will you guys put rating system for each wifi host there.?
Easier to pick the good one bfore pay for it.

Rating system might be added as an update. And you never pay for a non-working Wi-Fi, you pay only for correct passwords. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: