Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:51:06 PM

Do you have a graphical representation of your roadmap . It seems this is an ambitious project. How would it be secured at the owners' wifi? How about captive portals that some wifi providers implementing, to deal with it or bypass?

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:09:18 PM

When will the app be out ?
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:27:59 PM

Do you have a graphical representation of your roadmap . It seems this is an ambitious project. How would it be secured at the owners' wifi? How about captive portals that some wifi providers implementing, to deal with it or bypass?

Perhaps he has. Can't say it's worthy pursuing since it's ico thus I can't support it. Do they have at least a basic understanding of how wireless technology can be used in conjunction with blockchain tech for broadcasting transactions? Doubt that. Soon we will see if this wife app even functions, until that it's pointless to make any decisive conclusions.
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:28:48 PM

Hey, thanks for taking interest in our project. The roadmap for the year 2017 is in the OP, but ill repost it here for convenience. As for the owner's security, that will be no issue since the app does not require any additional information other than the password. It will be the same as sharing your password with someone face to face, the only difference being you get paid for it when using the app.

Good question about the captive portals. Now, that technology is used mostly in commercial places where:

1) The wifi is free but they need you to go through their portal and login.
In this case no password is required and hence the app won't be useful. The wifi is already free.

2) The wifi is not free and the company intends selling access.
It will be in the grey area of the law to say the least if our app bypassed this and let somebody else sell their wifi access.

For the above reasons, no the CryptoWi app will not bypass captive portals. Hope I was able to explain it satisfactorily. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

Perhaps he has. Can't say it's worthy pursuing since it's ico thus I can't support it. Do they have at least a basic understanding of how wireless technology can be used in conjunction with blockchain tech for broadcasting transactions? Doubt that. Soon we will see if this wife app even functions, until that it's pointless to make any decisive conclusions.

Hey, I completely understand why some people are against ICOs and you are not wrong. There are so many ICOs every week now thats its hard to separate the good ones. That being said we have no minimum investment requirement for the ICO and we will launch the coin and the app anyways, if that gives you confidence regarding it.

Thanks!
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:46:36 PM

Hey, thanks for taking interest in our project. The roadmap for the year 2017 is in the OP, but ill repost it here for convenience. As for the owner's security, that will be no issue since the app does not require any additional information other than the password. It will be the same as sharing your password with someone face to face, the only difference being you get paid for it when using the app.

Good question about the captive portals. Now, that technology is used mostly in commercial places where:

1) The wifi is free but they need you to go through their portal and login.
In this case no password is required and hence the app won't be useful. The wifi is already free.

2) The wifi is not free and the company intends selling access.
It will be in the grey area of the law to say the least if our app bypassed this and let somebody else sell their wifi access.

For the above reasons, no the CryptoWi app will not bypass captive portals. Hope I was able to explain it satisfactorily. Please let me know if you have further questions.

I am satisfied with your answers thus this will be on my list thank you.

████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 10:49:18 PM

I have notice that ppl start to come on this thread and the feedback is very positive. Cool
Keep the good work up dev.

Yes the community reaction has been much better than expected! Thank you everyone for your support!  Smiley

keep up the good work
Is this availble on an exchange yet? If it is then which one?
I do not want to download the wallet yet until I get some first. Wink
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:56:23 PM

I have notice that ppl start to come on this thread and the feedback is very positive. Cool
Keep the good work up dev.

Yes the community reaction has been much better than expected! Thank you everyone for your support!  Smiley

keep up the good work
Is this availble on an exchange yet? If it is then which one?
I do not want to download the wallet yet until I get some first. Wink

Hey, we have not yet launched WiC but you would be happy to know that 2 exchanges (Cryptodao.com and Coinexchange.io) are supporting us by committing to list WiC as soon as it launches on May 25, 2017. That means you will have WiC/USD, WiC/BTC and WiC/LTC trading on the first day!

Here is some important information about the project timeline:

Countdown to ICO – https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/112308/wic-ico-launch

Exchanges supporting WiC on Launch!
1) Coinexchange.io - BTC/WiC
2) CryptoDAO.com - BTC/WiC, LTC/WiC and USD/WiC

ICO Bonus
1) Day 1 (6 pm EST) – April 22, 2017 – 30% Bonus
2) April 23 (6:01 pm EST) – April 30, 2017 – 25% Bonus
3) May 1 (6:01 pm EST) – May 8, 2017 – 15% Bonus
4) May 9 (6:01 pm EST) – May 16, 2017 – 10% Bonus
5) May 17 (6:01 pm EST) – May 24, 2017 (Final Week) – No Bonus

Escrow Details:
We have a 3 member Escrow Team that will hold a multi signature wallet address that will be used for the ICO. Funds from this wallet can be moved only if 2 out of 3 members sign that transaction.

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

Important Dates:
1) April 22, 2017 - Launch of ICO (Max cap - 750 BTC, NO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT)
2) May 24, 2017 - End of ICO
3) May 25, 2017 - Launch of WiC and start of trading (2 Exchanges on launch day with WiC/USD, WiC/BTC & WiC/LTC pairing)
4) June 10, 2017 - Launch of CryptoWi app

Thanks!

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:11:32 PM

interesting project. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks! We have a very generous bounty campaign running, check the OP for details.
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:11:41 PM

what will be the price for each single coin, what are you doing with the unsold coin are you gong to burn all just split to all investors? thanks for your answer. Good luck with your project

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:22:48 PM

what will be the price for each single coin, what are you doing with the unsold coin are you gong to burn all just split to all investors? thanks for your answer. Good luck with your project

Hi, we do not have a fixed price for the ICO. It will be decided by the formula: Total Investment / Number of ICO coins (25,000,000). We have done this to keep it fair for the investors and so that they do not overpay. Market forces determine the true price. Since all the coins will be distributed proportionately, there is no need to burn unsold coins.

Here's some important information from the OP:

ICO & Escrow details – Max 750 BTC cap, No Minimum Requirement
We will be having an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) for WiC with 25 million coins being offered to investors with the following bonus structure for early birds:
1) Day 1 (6 pm EST) – April 22, 2017 – 30% Bonus
2) April 23 (6:01 pm EST) – April 30, 2017 – 25% Bonus
3) May 1 (6:01 pm EST) – May 8, 2017 – 15% Bonus
4) May 9 (6:01 pm EST) – May 16, 2017 – 10% Bonus
5) May 17 (6:01 pm EST) – May 24, 2017 (Final Week) – No Bonus

The price per WiC will be decided by the market forces. There is no fixed price and it will be decided by the formula:
Total Investment / Number of ICO coins (25,000,000)

Your investment will be increased by the corresponding bonus when you invest. So for example, if you invest 1 BTC on the first day it will count as 1.3 BTC, if you invest 1 BTC on May 12, it will count as 1.1 BTC and so on. Early supporters have the maximum bonus of 30% which keeps decreasing to 0% for the final week.

Escrow Details:

We have a 3 member Escrow Team that will hold a multi signature wallet address that will be used for the ICO. Funds from this wallet can be moved only if 2 out of 3 members sign that transaction.

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

We have got very well reputed and trusted members of the community to help us with the ICO so that investor funds are 100% safe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Escrow address will be available at 6PM EST on April 22, 2017.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

When will the app be out ?

The app launches on May 25, 2017. The ICO starts at 6PM EST on April 22, 2017.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:15:13 AM

this is looking really good, awesome concept, clear devs....im excited lol
anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:28:27 AM

i want join bounty blog post campaign , its slill open ?
please information .

Hey, yes it is still open. Please register with your details at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

We also have a thread dedicated to bounties here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869213

Thanks!

I would suggest you to add the bounty link on the first page of ANN,similar as you did for bounty thread...I could not find it at the first instance..This would make some visibilty for all people who would like to join your bounty program

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:39:11 AM

Before people send their BTC to some random guys address what actually is cast iron proof this is legit?

anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:48:25 AM

Before people send their BTC to some random guys address what actually is cast iron proof this is legit?

The project and its idea is really amazing...and I see they have reputed escrows available for the ICO..what else do you expect..?

Invest only if you feel the idea is worthy

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

Hi! I have joined facebook and twitter bounty campaign. I'm waiting for the confirmation to start posting.
Cheers!
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

The project and its idea is really amazing...and I see they have reputed escrows available for the ICO..what else do you expect..?

Invest only if you feel the idea is worthy

exactly... its one of the best escrow teams... if im right they even escrowed for ark
WiC Team

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:22:12 AM

Hi! I have joined facebook and twitter bounty campaign. I'm waiting for the confirmation to start posting.
Cheers!

Hey, added you to the list.
WiC Team

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:31:34 AM

i want join bounty blog post campaign , its slill open ?
please information .

Hey, yes it is still open. Please register with your details at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

We also have a thread dedicated to bounties here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869213

Thanks!

I would suggest you to add the bounty link on the first page of ANN,similar as you did for bounty thread...I could not find it at the first instance..This would make some visibilty for all people who would like to join your bounty program

Hi, the information regarding the bounty campaign is already in the OP. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: