Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:23:12 PM

interesting idea, although I do believe Wifi should be free  Wink

This will take time to grow though I believe. If I were doing this I would of started in my local city, build a user base to see how well the idea is adopted then moving to an ICO and expanding.

Hopefully you have enough cash from the ICO for marketing, this will need to be marketed heavily.

Keeping on eye on this one though definitely worth watching.

Not sure if it's just me but does it seem unfair for the early investors that 64% of the coins are mine able? imo a bigger portion of the coins should go towards investors and maybe 25-30% towards mining.

25% of coins with a cap of 750 BTC...project value at 3000 BTC. That valuation seems a tad high.

Hey thanks for the support! We understand extensive marketing is required for this app to be popular among everyone and not just with those that understand crypto currencies. You will be happy to know that an online ad campaign, on a trial basis, will be started from tomorrow. As for the coin allocation, we gave it a careful thought and decided that 25% coins for fundraising should be good enough for our marketing and development needs. The 3000 BTC market cap is minuscule in comparison to the potential of this app and we expect the price to rise much more than the ICO price after launch.

The 750 BTC target for the ICO is understandable but I believe the 25% of the supply is too low compared to the amount allocated for mining.

Even if nothing is changed, I do believe mining reward structure should changed, 200 coins per block and no halving at all for the entire time of the POW phase?

That's going to add around 26M coins in a year and another 26M the next year.

Personally I'd mine instead of investing seeing that I'll be able to mine this for 2 years straight and still have my mining hardware to mine other coins.

I believe 25 M coins should be allocated for mining and those are mining wthin 5 years lets say with block halving.

The remaining coins added to the ICO.

The current model, the price will constantly get dumped and suppressed by miners while investors suffer.

Just my 2 cents.

yeah u r right about having more coins for ipo would be better for us investors  Cheesy but i still feel this is a very good investment.... i see the price 4 times within no time of launch....
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:58:36 PM

Important Update to Coin Allocation, More Coins for ICO: Due to community feedback, we have updated WiC specs to double the ICO coins to 50,000,000 and reduced the coins for mining. Max ICO cap remains the same at 750 BTC. This means you will now get double the coins for your investment.

smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:04:01 PM

Important Update to Coin Allocation, More Coins for ICO: Due to community feedback, we have updated WiC specs to double the ICO coins to 50,000,000 and reduced the coins for mining. Max ICO cap remains the same at 750 BTC. This means you will now get double the coins for your investment.

That sounds much better now Smiley

Now it looks attractive to invest, will probably through in a few btc.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:05:49 PM

If i did buy into ICO can I get a hash address from sending from an exchange?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:12:00 PM

I am very excited about the launch of the ICO tomorrow and have set aside some btc to invest. I am not a whale but at least will get a bag on the first day as there is a great bonus and it's a good chance for us to get rewarded fro being early adopters. I think WiC has a great chance of success! I made my first WICOIN video review. I hope you like it.. I had trouble connecting to btctalk earlier so had to wait lol. It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow as well, so this might be lucky for me too!!!  Grin Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbzASQXZSI&feature=youtu.be   Smiley Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:16:30 PM

If i did buy into ICO can I get a hash address from sending from an exchange?

Hey, you can send BTC to the escrow address directly from the exchange. Just keep a screenshot proof and you will be fine.
Sempiternals

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:20:44 PM

already joined fb and articles campaign ..but since  i cant tag WiC although already liked it ..i put Wic fp link on my promote post ..thank you  Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:56:12 PM

That sounds much better now Smiley

Now it looks attractive to invest, will probably through in a few btc.

Thanks! We take community feedback seriously and when enough people voiced their concern regarding this, we made the update. Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:39:05 PM

Updated the bounty campaign participants.

@Dickiy, looks like you have 0 followers - https://twitter.com/search?q=%40Irvandiy&src=typd. Sorry, that is not eligible for the bounty.
Sempiternals

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:41:43 PM

already posted my article ..why its still didnt include on spreadsheets ? are my article just got denied ?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:51:23 PM

already posted my article ..why its still didnt include on spreadsheets ? are my article just got denied ?

Updated. Sorry, missed you Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:12:12 PM

Some new blogs/articles and video review for WiC:

https://goanadupabitcoin.ro/stiri-bitcoin/wicoin-wic-ico.html
http://freecoin.website/2017/04/21/wic-rent-your-wifi-bounties-2-exchanges-ico-in-2-days-lucky-draw/

coinscoins68

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:19:37 PM

The world is going free Wi-Fi everywhere. I don't think anyone will pay for that, even not in WiC.
But good luck with it Smiley
Sempiternals

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:21:07 PM

im sorry but i have to ask ..im brand new ..how is shares distributed after bounties? are devs gonna send it in bitcoin or what ? still didnt undestand the system
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:31:50 PM

The world is going free Wi-Fi everywhere. I don't think anyone will pay for that, even not in WiC.
But good luck with it Smiley

Lol, did you open up a newbie account just to say that??

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:44:41 PM

im sorry but i have to ask ..im brand new ..how is shares distributed after bounties? are devs gonna send it in bitcoin or what ? still didnt undestand the system

Hey, don't worry at all about it. Feel free to ask as many questions you might have Smiley

Let me explain how the bounty campaign works:

1) You fill your details in the form available in the OP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FW6NqqllHU0U0iltlS30XmbvFS9SLGTbdSR1mIHLbEQ

2) Your share of the bounty is calculated depending on how many shares of the total you have.

3) After WiC launches on May 25, 2017, your bounty (in WiC) will be sent to you within 2-3 days.

Let me know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:01:01 PM

I am very excited about the launch of the ICO tomorrow and have set aside some btc to invest. I am not a whale but at least will get a bag on the first day as there is a great bonus and it's a good chance for us to get rewarded fro being early adopters. I think WiC has a great chance of success! I made my first WICOIN video review. I hope you like it.. I had trouble connecting to btctalk earlier so had to wait lol. It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow as well, so this might be lucky for me too!!!  Grin Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbzASQXZSI&feature=youtu.be   Smiley Smiley

Thanks for supporting us and for that great review Smiley And happy wedding anniversary!!! Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:18:17 PM

ICO will launch at 7 PM EST instead of 6 PM EST since the countdown website's clock is 1 hour late.
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/112308/wic-ico-launch

Did not notice this till now, sorry about it Smiley
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:21:35 PM

Interesting and original project... I'm watching and investing some btc  Grin
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:40:54 PM

Things to remember:

1) Total ICO coins = 50,000,000 WiC
2) Price per WiC to be decided by Total Investment/50,000,000
3) Max 750 BTC ICO cap
4) 30% Bonus ONLY for day 1 investors
5) Lucky draw of 50,000 WiC for anybody investing 5 BTC or more

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: