Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:30:45 AM

Dev, where are you & your team based? Do you have a registered company?

Where do you plan to first implement & test the project?

Hey, we are based in the US and no we don't have a registered company yet. The app will be made available worldwide at launch.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:34:52 AM

So! Only 14 h until ICO starts!
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/112308/wic-ico-launch

30% bonus in fisrt day right?

I see that you increase the amount of coins in ICO?

Hey, yes under 14 hours left now! Smiley

Yes you still get the 30% bonus on first day.

We doubled the number of ICO coins due to community feedback. The changes are reflected in the OP and this gets you double the coins for your investment.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:47:19 AM

I have tried to register, but why my name is not in the list of members received https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fqIUQLYMkjPK1MoApCt8KNFgmHlz0lNtoB8CkdW83mk/htmlview#

Hey, I checked again and found this.

Your Twitter - https://twitter.com/search?q=%40Irvandiy&src=typd - That has 0 followers.
Your Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks - That is not your profile link, you need to click on your name in the top right corner of the page and send us that link.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:58:28 AM

This is very exciting, I need to download btc to my wallet form exchange so I am ready when opening time comes. I will try persuade my Hubby to do a video in Chinese as well and we will check Chinese OP tonight, see if anything needs answering there.  Smiley

That's great, good luck to you. Yes please update the Chinese translation.
icherevkov

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:11:24 AM

Hi, so how do I actually receive coins on ICO after I used escrow? Do I need to install some wallet (I'm on OSX)?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:15:52 AM

Hi, so how do I actually receive coins on ICO after I used escrow? Do I need to install some wallet (I'm on OSX)?

Hey, yes so after you invest you have to wait till the ICO is over and WiC is launched.
We will be releasing MacOSX, Windows and Linux wallets, so you will just need to download it and send us your WiC address to claim the coins.
Alternatively, 2 exchanges have committed on adding us on launch and you can use the WiC address there to claim your coins.
CryptoBo$$

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:16:55 AM

Hey, good question. We take security seriously and you can be assured that your privacy is protected. You only share your password and we do not collect any other personal information from you. Think of it like you would rent your wifi to someone in need for cash, its the same except this is just much more convenient and easy and you need not be face to face with the other person.

ONLY password? It's enough for skilled hacker to take control over my network traffic. No need to be face to face? That will only encourage that person to do nasty stuff on my wi-fi network

Hey, well that is a risk involved with all Wi-Fi networks since any network can be compromised and is not 100% safe. That being said the networks you connect to via the app are much more secure than any open networks because the password adds a layer of security. Also, most people do not send sensitive information over untrusted networks if that is important to them. Unfortunately, this is a problem with WiFi technology in general and not WiC in particular. For example, you would often here on the news that even secure government networks are compromised sometimes.

Why make it easier for them by giving away my wi-fi password then?  
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:31:59 AM

Hey, good question. We take security seriously and you can be assured that your privacy is protected. You only share your password and we do not collect any other personal information from you. Think of it like you would rent your wifi to someone in need for cash, its the same except this is just much more convenient and easy and you need not be face to face with the other person.

ONLY password? It's enough for skilled hacker to take control over my network traffic. No need to be face to face? That will only encourage that person to do nasty stuff on my wi-fi network

Hey, well that is a risk involved with all Wi-Fi networks since any network can be compromised and is not 100% safe. That being said the networks you connect to via the app are much more secure than any open networks because the password adds a layer of security. Also, most people do not send sensitive information over untrusted networks if that is important to them. Unfortunately, this is a problem with WiFi technology in general and not WiC in particular. For example, you would often here on the news that even secure government networks are compromised sometimes.

Why make it easier for them by giving away my wi-fi password then?  

Hey, it is not that easy for anyone to takeover your network. This is possible though but its got nothing to do with CryptoWi or WiC and is a problem with Wi-Fi technology in itself. Even if you do not use the app, your network can still be hacked since everything online is imminently hack-able. That said, there is no practical incentive for someone to hack your network and do nasty things since it will be much easier for him/her to just use some free WiFi network from Starbucks or McDonalds or somewhere.

Giving your password is a way to earn WiC by opting to rent your WiFi voluntarily. If you are not comfortable with that, you could just use the app to rent WiFi from other people. It is not mandatory to upload your passwords.
coinscoins68

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:35:15 AM

The world is going free Wi-Fi everywhere. I don't think anyone will pay for that, even not in WiC.
But good luck with it Smiley

Lol, did you open up a newbie account just to say that??

No, I did it for an other reason.
But, is your money, if you want to spend it on this coin, just do it.
I'll just pass it, since I see a lot of free WI-Fi networks around, and if some of them are password protected there is a good reason for that!

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:56:05 AM

so much noise here  Grin Grin

i listed Wi on btc12.com

good luck

Thanks a lot!  Smiley
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:09:08 AM

jioy

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:27:31 AM

I dont see any info about the signature bounty on the confirm google excel,it is just facebook bounty,why?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:32:33 AM

I dont see any info about the signature bounty on the confirm google excel,it is just facebook bounty,why?

Hey, please check the other tabs (in the bottom). Smiley
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:55:03 AM

If ICO will end 23-24 Aprill, what about next steps?
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:56:55 AM

so much noise here  Grin Grin

i listed Wi on btc12.com

good luck

thats great.... i hear chinese whales out there?
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:02:13 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 12:14:03 PM by Fatoshi

Could the developer post a photo of the app running on a phone. The screen shots look kind of phoney to me, the ticks in the boxes look like its done in PAINT!

And when will the developer get the ICO money? I don't want them to get it before the app is proven to actually be of good quality and actually works.

Seems like we are paying a million dollars for basically an app. Why not just make the app with cash payments if you believe in it?

I don't want this to be another Getgems where they develop a crypto app and do a bait and switch and make a cash one also which makes the crypto one redundant.

Plus why does the developer need to buy a username, if they are knowledgebake about crypto surely they would have an account here already? Alarm bells?

Did anyone notice the screen shot showed 5:30 as the time for like 4 progressive screenshots....seems like bullshit to me. Totally fake screenshot IMO.

Please answer my concerns like a good little developer wanting our money at this stage.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:07:48 PM

If ICO will end 23-24 Aprill, what about next steps?

We plan to do a community vote to check if enough people are interested in doing the launch earlier.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:16:41 PM

Could the developer post a photo of the app running on a phone. The screen shots look kind of phoney to me, the ticks in the boxes look like its done in PAINT!

And when will the developer get the ICO money? I don't want them to get it before the app is proven to actually be of good quality and actually works.

Seems like we are paying a million dollars for basically an app. Why not just make the app with cash payments if you believe in it?

I don't want this to be another Getgems where they develop a crypto app and do a bait and switch and make a cash one also which makes the crypto one redundant.

Please answer my concerns like a good little developer wanting our money at this stage.

Hey Fatoshi, the app is being developed by professionals don't worry about that Smiley I will try and get the requested photos from Deepak and post them. As for the ICO money and funding it ourselves, we have already stated that we will be launching the app and WiC even if there is not much investment in the ICO and that is why we have not kept any minimum requirement for the ICO. Getgems was a very interesting concept and it would be great if they were actually successful but unfortunately it did not turn out to be as expected. Rest assured we will not be releasing any "cash version" of CryptoWi.

Hope this clarifies Smiley
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:21:14 PM

Hey Fatoshi, the app is being developed by professionals don't worry about that Smiley I will try and get the requested photos from Deepak and post them. As for the ICO money and funding it ourselves, we have already stated that we will be launching the app and WiC even if there is not much investment in the ICO and that is why we have not kept any minimum requirement for the ICO. Getgems was a very interesting concept and it would be great if they were actually successful but unfortunately it did not turn out to be as expected. Rest assured we will not be releasing any "cash version" of CryptoWi.

When will you receive the ICO money? Its not stated anywhere.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:25:41 PM

When will you receive the ICO money? Its not stated anywhere.

After the successful launch of WiC and after the escrows check everything is working fine without issues. If there are issues, we will get it after solving them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: