Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:28:22 PM

Could the developer post a photo of the app running on a phone. The screen shots look kind of phoney to me, the ticks in the boxes look like its done in PAINT!

And when will the developer get the ICO money? I don't want them to get it before the app is proven to actually be of good quality and actually works.

Seems like we are paying a million dollars for basically an app. Why not just make the app with cash payments if you believe in it?

I don't want this to be another Getgems where they develop a crypto app and do a bait and switch and make a cash one also which makes the crypto one redundant.

Please answer my concerns like a good little developer wanting our money at this stage.

Hey Fatoshi, the app is being developed by professionals don't worry about that Smiley I will try and get the requested photos from Deepak and post them. As for the ICO money and funding it ourselves, we have already stated that we will be launching the app and WiC even if there is not much investment in the ICO and that is why we have not kept any minimum requirement for the ICO. Getgems was a very interesting concept and it would be great if they were actually successful but unfortunately it did not turn out to be as expected. Rest assured we will not be releasing any "cash version" of CryptoWi.

Hope this clarifies Smiley

When will you receive the ICO money? Its not stated anywhere.

After the successful launch of WiC and after the escrows check everything is working fine without issues. If there are issues, we will get it after solving them.

Launch of WiC...this could just mean launch of coin...be specific launch of coin or app? You so far have called the coin WiC and the app CryptoWi ANYONE CAN MAKE A SHITCOIN ITS THE APP THAT NEEDS CHECKING....looks bad mate.

Plus i don't like the fact the roadmap suggests you only started developing the app like this month, i.e. its not actually made yet i.e. fake screen shots. Seems alike a few guys running with a good idea and a shitcoin and an indian programmer you bought the services of to make a killer app when actually they are just some rent a programmer off the internet. amirite?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:37:00 PM

Could the developer post a photo of the app running on a phone. The screen shots look kind of phoney to me, the ticks in the boxes look like its done in PAINT!

And when will the developer get the ICO money? I don't want them to get it before the app is proven to actually be of good quality and actually works.

Seems like we are paying a million dollars for basically an app. Why not just make the app with cash payments if you believe in it?

I don't want this to be another Getgems where they develop a crypto app and do a bait and switch and make a cash one also which makes the crypto one redundant.

Please answer my concerns like a good little developer wanting our money at this stage.

Hey Fatoshi, the app is being developed by professionals don't worry about that Smiley I will try and get the requested photos from Deepak and post them. As for the ICO money and funding it ourselves, we have already stated that we will be launching the app and WiC even if there is not much investment in the ICO and that is why we have not kept any minimum requirement for the ICO. Getgems was a very interesting concept and it would be great if they were actually successful but unfortunately it did not turn out to be as expected. Rest assured we will not be releasing any "cash version" of CryptoWi.

After the successful launch of WiC and after the escrows check everything is working fine without issues. If there are issues, we will get it after solving them.

Launch of WiC...this could just mean launch of coin...be specific launch of coin or app?

Plus i don't like the fact the roadmap suggests you only started developing the app like this month, i.e. its not actually made yet i.e. fake screen shots. Seems alike a few guys running with a good idea and a shitcoin and an indian programmer you bought the services of to make a killer app when actually they are just some rent a programmer off the internet. amirite?

The app is still in development yes but as mentioned earlier, we do not have any minimum ICO requirement and will launch even if the ICO doesn't raise a lot. We get funds on launch of the app, sorry for the confusion. Yes the app does not get developed in a couple weeks and that is why the launch date is June 15. Its not a fake app and its not a shitcoin. And I don't think there should be any problem with having an Indian developer for the app. We have the reputed escrows that will ensure we deliver on whatever we promised, so that should not be a concern.

Thanks Smiley
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

Launch of WiC...this could just mean launch of coin...be specific launch of coin or app?

The app is still in development yes but as mentioned earlier, we do not have any minimum ICO requirement and will launch even if the ICO doesn't raise a lot. We get funds on launch of the app, sorry for the confusion. Yes the app does not get developed in a couple weeks and that is why the launch date is June 15. Its not a fake app and its not a shitcoin. And I don't think there should be any problem with having an Indian developer for the app. We have the reputed escrows that will ensure we deliver on whatever we promised, so that should not be a concern.

Thanks Smiley

The problem with an indian developer is not his race but his competence (you made it look like racism not me). Everyone in coding knows you can offshore jobs to indians on the internet for peanuts but they invariably do a shit job. The fact you don't have anything to show tells me you haven't even seen anything form the guy yourself.

Honestly its a good idea but I'm in two minds to not grab a few guys and do the same thing, cause at the moment its just a good idea and an rented dodgy programmer. Maybe I can make a million dollars in a month...
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

Thanks Smiley

The problem with an indian developer is not his race but his competence (you made it look like racism not me). Everyone in coding knows you can offshore jobs to indians on the internet for peanuts but they invariably do a shit job. The fact you don't have anything to show tells me you haven't even seen anything form the guy yourself.

Honestly its a good idea but I'm in two minds to not grab a few guys and do the same thing, cause at the moment its just a good idea and an rented dodgy programmer. Maybe I can make a million dollars in a month...

Well again we have escrows to ensure everything is delivered and I would not really judge a person's capabilities by his birth country. We have done hard work for months and we believe in this project and that is the reason of launching it. Of course, though nobody can stop you to try and develop a similar idea (you will find its more difficult than you think).
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

Will you make the wifi password available to everyone using your app in plain text? Or your app just connects to the selected wifi spot?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

Will you make the wifi password available to everyone using your app in plain text? Or your app just connects to the selected wifi spot?

Hey, anybody who pays for the access, will be able to see the password for that particular network. There is no list available to everyone using the app, each user gets only the password he/she pays for.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:00:41 PM

i have completed 1 week of the sig campaign, im still keeping the sig on so please update my shares fr the next week
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:05:51 PM

i have completed 1 week of the sig campaign, im still keeping the sig on so please update my shares fr the next week

Hey, yes I will do that shortly.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:13:25 PM

Nice idea but dunno if this going work.
There are a lot of places were wifi is free so why should people purchase those wifi coins for paying for wifi?

Think about it, what if you are in no wi-fi area and you badly need wi-fi?
WiC app can be very handy.
And you can make money by renting the wi-fi.
It is something new. You better not miss the 30% bonus in first ICO day.

I think about it. Watching this project on the sideline. Can always jump in later if I want.

Good luck

CryptoBo$$

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:41:15 PM

Hey, it is not that easy for anyone to takeover your network. This is possible though but its got nothing to do with CryptoWi or WiC and is a problem with Wi-Fi technology in itself. Even if you do not use the app, your network can still be hacked since everything online is imminently hack-able. That said, there is no practical incentive for someone to hack your network and do nasty things since it will be much easier for him/her to just use some free WiFi network from Starbucks or McDonalds or somewhere.

Giving your password is a way to earn WiC by opting to rent your WiFi voluntarily. If you are not comfortable with that, you could just use the app to rent WiFi from other people. It is not mandatory to upload your passwords.

I think it would be very uncomfortable for conscious people to let a stranger into your private network. I believe that privacy and safety was main reason for cryptocurrencies to be developed and this project is going the opposite direction. Sorry, but my privacy is not worth 100 of coin that has no real value yet. Also, like it was mentioned already, it's not difficult to find free to use hot-spot, so why trouble myself to go trough complicated process of exchanging fiat money to bitcoin and then from bitcoin to wic, because it's the only way to buy your coins, right? Who is the target for this app then? There is plenty of careless people that will buy your service without giving it a thought, but is this what you are looking for? Are you gonna use the app? I don't want you to think that i am all negative or trying to spread FUD. These are just my concerns and i want things to be clear as i'm always careful when looking for potential investments. I hope there will be clear statement about the risk involved in sharing wi-fi password included in your privacy policy.

For the end... Let's not be so serious all the time. I have a good one for you:

A man received the following text from his neighbour:
“I am so sorry Bob. I’ve been riddled with guilt and I have to confess. I
have been getting onto your wife, day and night, when you’re not around. In
fact, more than you. I’m not getting any at home, but that’s no excuse.
I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest
apology with my promise that it won’t happen again”.
Bob, anguished and betrayed, went into his bedroom, grabbed his gun, and
without a word, shot his wife.
A few moments later, a second text came in:
Damn Autospelling…I meant “WiFi”, not “Wife”.  Grin
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:49:53 PM

Hey, it is not that easy for anyone to takeover your network. This is possible though but its got nothing to do with CryptoWi or WiC and is a problem with Wi-Fi technology in itself. Even if you do not use the app, your network can still be hacked since everything online is imminently hack-able. That said, there is no practical incentive for someone to hack your network and do nasty things since it will be much easier for him/her to just use some free WiFi network from Starbucks or McDonalds or somewhere.

Giving your password is a way to earn WiC by opting to rent your WiFi voluntarily. If you are not comfortable with that, you could just use the app to rent WiFi from other people. It is not mandatory to upload your passwords.

I think it would be very uncomfortable for conscious people to let a stranger into your private network. I believe that privacy and safety was main reason for cryptocurrencies to be developed and this project is going the opposite direction. Sorry, but my privacy is not worth 100 of coin that has no real value yet. Also, like it was mentioned already, it's not difficult to find free to use hot-spot, so why trouble myself to go trough complicated process of exchanging fiat money to bitcoin and then from bitcoin to wic, because it's the only way to buy your coins, right? Who is the target for this app then? There is plenty of careless people that will buy your service without giving it a thought, but is this what you are looking for? Are you gonna use the app? I don't want you to think that i am all negative or trying to spread FUD. These are just my concerns and i want things to be clear as i'm always careful when looking for potential investments. I hope there will be clear statement about the risk involved in sharing wi-fi password included in your privacy policy.

its an important point, its like renting your personal email out. Wifi is cheap and most people have unlimited 4g anyway. The real issue is if someone uses your internet for a crime, kiddie porn, drugs whatever then you will be a suspect along with them. Plus they can probably access your computer if they have your wireless thats why people suggest you don't use public place wireless as people can nick your info.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:59:22 PM

its an important point, its like renting your personal email out. Wifi is cheap and most people have unlimited 4g anyway. The real issue is if someone uses your internet for a crime, kiddie porn, drugs whatever then you will be a suspect along with them. Plus they can probably access your computer if they have your wireless thats why people suggest you don't use public place wireless as people can nick your info.

Hey, CryptoBo$$, Fatoshi, don't worry about asking questions. We value community feedback and we even updated the coins specs to allocate more coins to the ICO because a lot of people wanted that. To answer your question, yes its a personal choice whether you want to share or not your WiFi password for 100 WiC. As for the issue with lots of places having free WiFi, its true but to be fair there are many many places that have password protected WiFi networks. Try to open up your phone and check the networks it finds, I am pretty sure there will be more protected networks than free open ones Smiley This is an app for everyone and the main aim is to get everybody involved with cryptos (also the reason why only WiC will be accepted in the app).
Also, as explained earlier people who want to use WiFi for illegal things have no incentive to use it via our app since it would be much easier for them to just find a free open network at Starbucks and use that. This app is useful for people that are in urgent need of internet or are traveling, etc.

Nice sense of humor @CryptoBo$$ Cheesy
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:00:38 PM

Hey, yes I will do that shortly.

thank you
Shahrul09

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:04:11 PM

Hey, anybody who pays for the access, will be able to see the password for that particular network. There is no list available to everyone using the app, each user gets only the password he/she pays for.
Well if it like this. One person will just pay for it through app and share the password with everyone else.
Now im 50-50 whether to invest or not after reading this page and discussion above.
kubye

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:06:03 PM

rent the wifi?who do?No privacy risk?
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:10:05 PM

i have several questions:

1. who are you? do you have any proof of developers? linkedin page?

2. where is your website?

3. do you hav APP demo?

DOPECOINRULES

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:41:38 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 03:01:56 PM by DOPECOINRULES

Also most businesses today if not all are sending out their free wifi signal, so i just dont get it, and its easily replicated everything youre saying, sorry but when you launch a company whatever it is a whitepaper is the first priority and you aint even got that,,, what are your credentials, do u have any degrees we can all look into? , before i invest my hard earned cash i want alot more than youre showing, id like to do a criminal records check on all of you, and if noone else wants to more fool them, and whats with catherine? she abit shy to disclose full name, im a good judge of anything fishy and this smells like Billingsgate market, and the promise of a good bounty will provide you with the nesessary workforce while u just sun it up in lagos

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR MARK
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:17:54 PM

This seems like an excellent idea... Can I rent my wallet passwords too ?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:27:26 PM

i have several questions:

1. who are you? do you have any proof of developers? linkedin page?

2. where is your website?

3. do you hav APP demo?

Hey, dotcoin.info

Thanks for taking interest and asking those good questions. I completely understand that as a potential investor you want to clear any doubts before participating in the ICO. The team details have been posted in the OP, but as mentioned before the linked in pages are not made public due to uncertain regulatory environment regarding bitcoins and crypto currency ICOs in general. We have purposely kept the ICO at bitcointalk and not on some website because after talking to the escrows, it was decided that this will be the safest for investors. Since both the escrows are well reputed members here and will be posting signed messages with the escrow address here, it is the safest option to let investors send BTC to that address instead of some completely different address on some website. The app is under development and I will ask Deepak our app developer to post the requested photos here. But we have made it clear that we will be launching WiC and the app even if there is 0 investment in the ICO since we are already so much invested into this project. Another important thing to remember is that the escrows release the BTC to us only after we do a successful launch and everything is working as promised, so that your BTC is 100% safe. If we don't deliver for ANY reason, you get your BTC back from the trusted escrow team.

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:35:56 PM

Also most businesses today if not all are sending out their free wifi signal, so i just dont get it, and its easily replicated everything youre saying, sorry but when you launch a company whatever it is a whitepaper is the first priority and you aint even got that,,, what are your credentials, do u have any degrees we can all look into? , before i invest my hard earned cash i want alot more than youre showing, id like to do a criminal records check on all of you, and if noone else wants to more fool them, and whats with catherine? she abit shy to disclose full name, im a good judge of anything fishy and this smells like Billingsgate market, and the promise of a good bounty will provide you with the nesessary workforce while u just sun it up in lagos

Hey DOPECOINRULES, that's a bit too harsh but its ok, its your right to speak your mind Smiley As mentioned before the reason for not making linkedin pages, etc. public is that we all know how much uncertain are some regulatory bodies about crypto currencies and bitcoins in general. Rest assured our criminal records check will come clean  Cheesy. We have been working for months and its not been an easy journey. I understand that you might still not be interested in investing your hard earned money and honestly speaking you should be 100% sure before you invest into anything in the world, let alone this project. If it helps though, we have a very well reputed escrow team to ensure your 100% safety, whose details can be found in the OP.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: