Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

rent the wifi?who do?No privacy risk?

Hey, anybody using the app can rent WiFi in exchange for WiC. It is exactly the same as sharing your password with someone, except you get paid if using the app.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Will you make the wifi password available to everyone using your app in plain text? Or your app just connects to the selected wifi spot?

Hey, anybody who pays for the access, will be able to see the password for that particular network. There is no list available to everyone using the app, each user gets only the password he/she pays for.
Well if it like this. One person will just pay for it through app and share the password with everyone else.
Now im 50-50 whether to invest or not after reading this page and discussion above.

Hey Shahrul09, good question. Let me remind you though that this app will be used by thousands of people around the world and only the first person who uploads the password for a particular network earns the reward. Yes, it is possible that a person will share the password with a couple of friends but that is really a negligible percentage when compared to the total number of users and will be largely irrelevant. As for participating in the ICO, its completely your decision and you should take it after careful deliberation. I would never try to pressurize you into investing Smiley Would just like to remind you though that your investment would be 100% safe with the escrows till we deliver.

Hope to have you on-board! Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:45:38 PM

This seems like an excellent idea... Can I rent my wallet passwords too ?

Hey, no its only for renting your WiFi. There is no reason to disclose your wallet password, or did you mean something else?
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:50:52 PM

Dev, where are you & your team based? Do you have a registered company?

Where do you plan to first implement & test the project?

Hey, we are based in the US and no we don't have a registered company yet. The app will be made available worldwide at launch.

Where in the US are you based? Isn't crypto highly regulated in US? What you raised, will they be taxed?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:54:51 PM

Dev, where are you & your team based? Do you have a registered company?

Where do you plan to first implement & test the project?

Hey, we are based in the US and no we don't have a registered company yet. The app will be made available worldwide at launch.

Where in the US are you based? Isn't crypto highly regulated in US? What you raised, will they be taxed?

We are on the east coast (cannot give you exact address though). About the taxation part, I will get back to you on this with complete details after speaking to the concerned person.
roopchand2016

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:02:05 PM

Important Update to Coin Allocation, More Coins for ICO: Due to community feedback, we have updated WiC specs to double the ICO coins to 50,000,000 and reduced the coins for mining. Max ICO cap remains the same at 750 BTC. This means you will now get double the coins for your investment.

that sounds good
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:04:33 PM

Hey, anybody using the app can rent WiFi in exchange for WiC. It is exactly the same as sharing your password with someone, except you get paid if using the app.
so with this apps you can use it all over the world or there's restriction in some countries? i like the idea and I'm closely watching
your progress, got a pm from the team as well I will look forward with the Ico dev,
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

so with this apps you can use it all over the world or there's restriction in some countries? i like the idea and I'm closely watching
your progress, got a pm from the team as well I will look forward with the Ico dev,

Hey, yes you can use this all over the world. Thanks for your support!
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:24:24 PM

1) Ronald B. Sao – Founder. Ronald has been in the IT industry for more than 10 years and has been active in the Bitcoin world since 2014. This is his first project and he hopes this will be the killer app the crypto world has been waiting for since 2008. Mass adoption is the primary goal.

2) Catherine – Marketing and Investment. Expert in marketing and holding a PhD in Advertising, Catherine is responsible for creating a buzz for the project with both online and offline marketing. She has also made the much needed initial investment into this project.

3) Deepak Kumar – App development. Expert in java, C++, XML and Eclipse, Deepak is the lead developer of the team and responsible for squashing any bugs in the app and ensuring all software works flawlessly.

-----

Alright, is there somehwere where I can find more information about these people?

When I look for similar ideas in the app store I already find a lot of apps that aim to achieve exactly the same....
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 05:25:04 PM

I cant rent u my wifi but I know the guy that can do that. He is in jail at this time, u can travel to him and ask a prison officer to put u in a cell with him. He will be playing battlefield over the next few weeks and will kindly share his wifi with u. Though Im not sure if hes still alive. He may be dead by now, who knows how everything is going when u are in prison.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

i have several questions:

1. who are you? do you have any proof of developers? linkedin page?

2. where is your website?

3. do you hav APP demo?

I got exactly the same questions........
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:32:27 PM

1) Ronald B. Sao – Founder. Ronald has been in the IT industry for more than 10 years and has been active in the Bitcoin world since 2014. This is his first project and he hopes this will be the killer app the crypto world has been waiting for since 2008. Mass adoption is the primary goal.

2) Catherine – Marketing and Investment. Expert in marketing and holding a PhD in Advertising, Catherine is responsible for creating a buzz for the project with both online and offline marketing. She has also made the much needed initial investment into this project.

3) Deepak Kumar – App development. Expert in java, C++, XML and Eclipse, Deepak is the lead developer of the team and responsible for squashing any bugs in the app and ensuring all software works flawlessly.

-----

Alright, is there somehwere where I can find more information about these people?

When I look for similar ideas in the app store I already find a lot of apps that aim to achieve exactly the same....

i have several questions:

1. who are you? do you have any proof of developers? linkedin page?

2. where is your website?

3. do you hav APP demo?

I got exactly the same questions........

Thanks for taking interest and asking those good questions. I completely understand that as a potential investor you want to clear any doubts before participating in the ICO.

As answered before, the team details have been posted in the OP, but the linked in pages are not made public due to uncertain regulatory environment regarding bitcoins and crypto currency ICOs in general. We have purposely kept the ICO at bitcointalk and not on some website because after talking to the escrows, it was decided that this will be the safest for investors. Since both the escrows are well reputed members here and will be posting signed messages with the escrow address here, it is the safest option to let investors send BTC to that address instead of some completely different address on some website. The app is under development and I will ask Deepak our app developer to post the requested photos here. But we have made it clear that we will be launching WiC and the app even if there is 0 investment in the ICO since we are already so much invested into this project. Another important thing to remember is that the escrows release the BTC to us only after we do a successful launch and everything is working as promised, so that your BTC is 100% safe. If we don't deliver for ANY reason, you get your BTC back from the trusted escrow team.

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:34:31 PM

About 5 hours 30 minutes left for the ICO launch.

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/112308/wic-ico-launch
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:49:27 PM

Just to let you know Hubby will be checking the Chinese OP tomorrow..today is our wedding anniversary and he really needed some time off work as he has been working very hard for the last few weeks, so tomorrow that will be checked and all questions tended to. I look forward to joining in the ICO when I wake up tomorrow also..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
menace.bit

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Generation Blockchain.

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:56:31 PM

You plan to raise max 750 BTC with no minimum. How do you plan to continue if you don't set a minimum and say only raise a few BTC? How you plan to spend the funds raised? How many % will be for marketing and legal matters?
DOPECOINRULES

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:59:58 PM

Also most businesses today if not all are sending out their free wifi signal, so i just dont get it, and its easily replicated everything youre saying, sorry but when you launch a company whatever it is a whitepaper is the first priority and you aint even got that,,, what are your credentials, do u have any degrees we can all look into? , before i invest my hard earned cash i want alot more than youre showing, id like to do a criminal records check on all of you, and if noone else wants to more fool them, and whats with catherine? she abit shy to disclose full name, im a good judge of anything fishy and this smells like Billingsgate market, and the promise of a good bounty will provide you with the nesessary workforce while u just sun it up in lagos

Hey DOPECOINRULES, that's a bit too harsh but its ok, its your right to speak your mind Smiley As mentioned before the reason for not making linkedin pages, etc. public is that we all know how much uncertain are some regulatory bodies about crypto currencies and bitcoins in general. Rest assured our criminal records check will come clean  Cheesy. We have been working for months and its not been an easy journey. I understand that you might still not be interested in investing your hard earned money and honestly speaking you should be 100% sure before you invest into anything in the world, let alone this project. If it helps though, we have a very well reputed escrow team to ensure your 100% safety, whose details can be found in the OP.
not harsh mate, just basic common sense

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR MARK
Use.Your.Brain

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:03:04 PM

My two cents:

The "business model" here seems flawed on so many levels. Just to name a few:

Why would anyone buy a password if there is more and more free access to public hotspots ?
And selling passwords for these wifis through this app is most likely illegal.

Why would anyone in their right mind give the password to their own wifi and risk getting sued or worse, if the user does something illegal?

Hardly anyone knows or will ever know about the app in order to even buy/rent a password.

As i understand, you wont be able to buy coins via the app, so you'll have to buy them before via an exchange.
So there are even less possible users.

Overall this ICO seems very fishy:

They bought the account of Lambo06. He is not on their team... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1868079.0

They don't even have their own website...

No further info on the team. "Catherine" doesn't even have a last name...

No app demo...

Very high bonuses at the beginning...

"Lucky draw" for big investments...

Investment via google doc...

To claim your coins, you will have to email them your "wic wallet adress" after the ICO is over...
But the wallet won't be available before may 25th.

Use.Your.Brain
shideneyu
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

The Ancient

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:08:43 PM

I got a question. If I ask 100 neighbours of mine in my big city (Paris), will I get 100 rewards? Is there a limit ? Will I be catched by your anti-boat safe guard even though I'm not ?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:21:01 PM

My two cents:

The "business model" here seems flawed on so many levels. Just to name a few:

Why would anyone buy a password if there is more and more free access to public hotspots ?
And selling passwords for these wifis through this app is most likely illegal.

Why would anyone in their right mind give the password to their own wifi and risk getting sued or worse, if the user does something illegal?

Hardly anyone knows or will ever know about the app in order to even buy/rent a password.

As i understand, you wont be able to buy coins via the app, so you'll have to buy them before via an exchange.
So there are even less possible users.

Overall this ICO seems very fishy:

They bought the account of Lambo06. He is not on their team... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1868079.0

They don't even have their own website...

No further info on the team. "Catherine" doesn't even have a last name...

No app demo...

Very high bonuses at the beginning...

"Lucky draw" for big investments...

Investment via google doc...

To claim your coins, you will have to email them your "wic wallet adress" after the ICO is over...
But the wallet won't be available before may 25th.

Use.Your.Brain

Hey, thanks for giving your opinion.

1) It has already been discussed many times that yes there are some free WiFi spots available but there are many many protected networks too and this app can be very useful when you are not a free WiFi hotspot. Also, in many countries there are not many free WiFi networks easily available. Also, WiFi sharing is not illegal.

2) Anyone looking to earn an extra income would be more than happy renting their WiFi. As discussed before again, anybody who wants to do anything illegal has practically no incentive to go via the app since as you pointed out he would just go and use one of the free WiFi networks.

3) Marketing is very important and we understand that. We have already launched a small online advertising campaign and will be doing bigger campaigns once the ICO is successful.

4) The account was bought for a reason! So that, we can post images in the OP. Its really not appreciated that you make it sound like something very bad when I can tell for a fact that you know there is nothing wrong there.

5) As for how we conduct the ICO, it was decided to hold the ICO here and not on some website to provide 100% safety to investors. After discussion with the escrow team, it was decided that having 1 single address posted here would be the safest for investors and the most trustworthy way of holding the ICO.

6) If you see the bonuses are not very high in the beginning. Its a 30% bonus on Day 1 and it reduces by only 5% for the next full week.

I am very patient with everyone who have questions and appreciate feedback from the community. But what you were trying to do here is unnecessarily create FUD which is not appreciated to say the least.

Thanks for stopping by though, have a nice day!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:23:17 PM

I got a question. If I ask 100 neighbours of mine in my big city (Paris), will I get 100 rewards? Is there a limit ? Will I be catched by your anti-boat safe guard even though I'm not ?

Hey shideneyu, if you upload 100 passwords you will get 100 WiC for each password totaling 10,000 WiC. If you do it manually, we will know and you will not be banned.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: