Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:01:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's, What's You're Biggest Bitcoin Related Problem?  (Read 1267 times)
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:28:07 AM

I'm looking to create more solutions...

Tell me what's your biggest problem getting started and/or using Bitcoin.
cctvtech

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:01:57 AM

I'm married  Tongue
kochmann799

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:20:43 AM

I'm married  Tongue

bwahahah good one.

wells, maybe you could set me up with an ASCI, then I would be fine XD
tbh I don't have problems with bitcoin, maybe litecoin cause I have no idea how to get those miners to work xS

Former Editor of the LTC/CNC Exchange
Dawesom

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:29:45 AM

I'm married  Tongue

bwahahah good one.

tbh I don't have problems with bitcoin, maybe litecoin cause I have no idea how to get those miners to work xS

In regards to Litecoin, I thought about mining then decided screw it i'll just buy a bunch.  Then realized that getting USD into BTC-E as a Canadian is way too much work!
jambaman42

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:33:18 AM

I'm married  Tongue

bwahahah good one.

It's ASIC. ASCI is nothing that I know of.

But to answer the question it's the buy in to mining these days. I wanted to mine but didn't have the money to swing anything. When I finally do get the money for a little rig there's huge media attention and ASICs are coming and everything kinda goes to shit. So I turned to litecoin.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:39:09 AM

Moving fiat currency into bitcoins and then back again (if necessary)

I got very excited earlier when I discovered BTCPak - till I realised the service was selling moneypaks (only good for Americans). If someone could work out a similar service for pounds sterling or euros - a way to get money into Paypal or direct deposit - that would be wonderful! As far as I can tell the only options available are OKpay and Liberty Reserve.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
PopeSeanV

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:41:21 AM

My biggest problem now is that there is no easy, safe way to buy Bitcoins for US dollars.

I used BitInstant in the past but they were not honest about their fee structure, and I've heard too many customer service horror stories.

LocalBitcoins is too risky for obvious reasons.

With BitFloor shut down, exchanges require me to jump through ridiculous hoops to get any money into the system.

So where does this leave me?  I'm eagerly awaiting Bitcoin ATM's.
zomby2d

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:03:18 AM

In regards to Litecoin, I thought about mining then decided screw it i'll just buy a bunch.  Then realized that getting USD into BTC-E as a Canadian is way too much work!

Have you thought about using https://www.cavirtex.com/ first top buy bitcoins then turn those into litecoins. Haven't used it myself yet but at least they seem to be based in Canada.

My biggest Bitcoin related problem is the time it takes for a transaction to be confirmed.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:07:43 AM

I also think the lack of good exchanging platforms is the biggest problem right now.

My biggest Bitcoin related problem is the time it takes for a transaction to be confirmed.

Do you include fees in your transactions?
SmokeyJR

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:22:39 AM

Not feeling like my coins are "safe"!  (from theft)
jpdoctor

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:26:21 AM

I also would like to see the canonical post on how to make sure coins are safe. 

For example:  Armory and offline?  Like this dude: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1d26gw/cold_storage_how_i_did_it/
wexcide

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:27:26 AM

The lack of GPU in my dedicated box seems to be my biggest issue Tongue

In my opinion for the most part, if you just have some patience and take the time to read through the forums most "issue" can be resolved or addressed.

I first learned about bitcoins a few months ago with zero knowledge of them but was able to fix all of my own issues, and just now have I created an account and it was just to thank someone.
Jackin Jill

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Don't try to look tough Dollface

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:56:05 AM

So many people have no idea even how to use a PC let alone understand economics or cryptography.

The amount of morons getting involved is breathtaking and cumbersome for those who have real questions.

For me, it's like I'm trying to get to go hunting to feed my family. I walk out of the house and the streets are filled with automatons bumping into each other and slowing me down.

Finding real information about btc is like finding a needle in a haystack now with all these half-witted speculators.
stevenh512

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:24:35 AM

Encrypt your wallet with bitcoind. Encrypt any backups of the encrypted wallet with GPG. Sign them so you can verify that they haven't been altered in any way and encrypt them to your GPG public key so that only you can decrypt them. With two layers of encryption (and GPG being hard to break, even if you have the resources of a large government) you should be able to safely store backups anywhere.. just don't lose your GPG key.

For large amounts of coins, consider keeping them in cold storage. Print out a paper wallet and keep it in a safe place, or store a second wallet encrypted (again using bitcoind's built-in encryption and GPG.. I worked in the amusement park industry for years so the idea of "redundant safety" has been drilled into my head lol) on a flash drive, then send your coins to that wallet. It's a little inconvenient when you need to spend or trade them, but it's a lot less inconvenient than losing hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins.

This signature intentionally left blank.
ausbitbank

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:32:02 AM

Getting money quickly into MTGOX, or another high-volume exchange, as an australian. Sucks balls.
longlegs

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:40:02 AM

the huge 9gig it takes up on my hard drive
Tribus

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:51:27 AM

My biggest problem is keeping patient while I wait for my BFL orders to ship I have 2 50's and a 5 ordered for a little while.  They are beginning to ship now though so I am just doing my regular mining for awhile.
Dylancrobinson

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:27:50 AM

My biggest problem with bitcoin has been how many ppl are trying to scam me or get me to install some shady toolbar that comes with a million other apps. I'm still feeling this bitcoin thing out and having so many ppl try to scam me out of what often is less than a thousandth of a cent? scares me to put real money in...
ictin

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:14:00 PM

For me, now there are multiple problem:
1. Is to damn hard to buy crypto coins with fiat. For example, over the week-end i wanted to buy some litecoin. This was impossible, i found no way to buy litecoins or anyother currency in a fast and simple way. The only way is to use some shady 3rd party processor and provide all kind of proofs and wait to be approved (the worse was OKpay, an ONLINE payment processor that requires from me to provide a scanned bill. Who is receiving physicals bills in this days? I know that i receive all my bills in electronic format, and i pay online the bills. So having an online payment processor to request a physical bill as a proof of address is  plain stupid.). On sunday the litecoin was 2.6$, now is 4.1$, so you do the math. For a volatile and online currency to be so hard and so slow to buy is a big problem.
2. The size of blockchain. It will make impossible for safe and mobile transaction, so is limited to transactions from the home PC. In the future will also be useless to have less than X amount in you wallet, when X is less than the cost of the storage space, and this cost of storage space will be very high in the future, as the blockchain is growing.
3. Because of the slow approval time of the transactions, the crypto coins can't be used for buying things in physicals stores. Nobody will want to wait 5 min. for every customer to get the transaction approved. Imagine the size of the queues.

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:28:44 PM

Problem 1.
Exchangers are pretty fucked up. Mtgox lags, bitcoin-central got compromised twice, bitcoin-24 is dead (?), others are crap.

Problem 2.
Transactions are way too slow to proceed.

Problem 3.
Transaction fees are repulsive, exaggerated and impossible to reduce.

Problem 4.
Transactions are not reversible (if I buy anything, I have no guarantee that I will ever receive it somewhen, and can't ask for a refund or file a police complaint).

Problem 5.
Even after 1 month I still can't use my wallet because it has not been synchronized yet...

Problem 6.
Prices are way too fluctuating (if I have something, I'd like to be able to buy the same thing, not being able to buy a pizza one day, and 10 houses with the same amount later on...).

Problem 7.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: