Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 04:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't bitcoin Money? Aren't there only 2 ways to earn bitcoin?  (Read 1921 times)
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

People do make things just to earn bitcoin its either on legal or illegal way since bitcoin does have a value which be considered as money too we can actively exchange it to local fiat and make use of it on our daily lives or on our needs.Yes it can be obtain buy doing legal and illegal and Bitcoin is money or shall we say a digital currency which means or be considered as money after all.
yes in such place where people cannot use bitcoin directly for shopping and other purposes, so there they for convert bitcoin into local currency and then use it according to their own wishes.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:43:20 PM

this has more to do with philosophy , gold may be considered as money for some people and others may find it not
and by earning yes in order to earn bitcoins you have to do the same things you do to earn money
but as I said it's more a philosophy thing   Smiley you can say that you earn 20 bottles of water hourly if you are interested in water and same thing in bitcoin or anything else as long as it has some value
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:48:35 AM

Bitcoin is not money, it is a digital currency but it has some functions the same as money. There are not only two ways to earn Bitcoin but many more ways. You can ask or look in this forum. There are polls here asking what are the best ways to earn Bitcoin.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:02:03 AM

I am here not for very long time, and I see that all topics regarding earning bitcoins are very hot, people love disusing earning bitcoins.

I am confused. As a human being, we all know how to make money.

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

If bitcoin is Money, then the ways to make money are the ways to earn bitcoin, isn't it? 

In a word, there are only two ways to make money/bitcoin, legal and illegal. Wink

I do love this saying, "In a word, Bitcoin is MONEY".
You can earn food by working either a legal or illegal job, does that mean that food is money too?

You earn literally everything legally or illegally, and for most people on this forum there's an incredibly high chance that they earn all of their money legally. I would be surprised otherwise, for the most part.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:36:30 AM

I have one more concern too:

Can bitcoin really protect our wealth?  Will there be one day that bitcoin is as trusted (or even more) as gold?

Actually now bitcoin already a trusted currency. From security aspect bitcoin is very strong , see the price it is very high and many factors else. But about bitcoin protect your wealth i think it depends on your treat with bitcoin. When you can 'playing' bitcoin on right way that will protect your wealth even possible to makes you more rich.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:44:42 AM

I am here not for very long time, and I see that all topics regarding earning bitcoins are very hot, people love disusing earning bitcoins.

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

If bitcoin is Money, then the ways to make money are the ways to earn bitcoin, isn't it? 

In a word, there are only two ways to make money/bitcoin, legal and illegal. Wink

Your post shows only you been gone for long time, look at your post makes absolutely no sense. Yes Bitcoin is money and if you look around there a very active thread discussing this. It's a crypto currency that made many rich. Also for your earnings questions again there a very active thread which is going on. You can earn by facuets, signature campaigns, give aways and if you know coding and graphic design many contest out here.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:47:24 AM

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

First thing is yes,bitcoins is a money or also known as cryptocurrency that we can use in online transactions.Yeah you can earn from both legal and illegal things but it will be easier and safer if you will go for the legal ways instead of going to illegal things
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:18:46 AM

Can bitcoin really protect our wealth?  Will there be one day that bitcoin is as trusted (or even more) as gold?
Are you advertising a so called bitcoin bank,i am not sure about the legitimacy of the site and i am not sure whether it is good to advertise which is not yours and if it is your project then you must start an ANN thread so that people discuss about it. I just have one thing to tell you,there only one way to earn money and that is either you have to be lucky or you need to work hard and there are no short cuts,no one can predict whether bitcoin can protect your wealth in the future ,but as it stands it will protect but as an investor you have to consider both sides.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:15:28 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 02:27:37 PM by DannyHamilton

- snip -
As far as I can tell, there are 5 ways to acquire bitcoin:
- snip -
You forgot mining, the original method of earning money in bitcoins,
- snip -

No. I didn't.

• Provide a product or service and receive bitcoins for the value you have provided

Miners provide a service (maintaining the security of the blockchain), and receive bitcoins (transaction fees and inflation based subsidy) for the value they have provided.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:06:32 AM

I am the person believe that bitcoin is money, because we can used it to purchase things and people accept it, even though there are two ways to earn legal or illegal way but the way to earn with illegal or legal way is also a lot, like trading, investing, faucet, ransomware, stealing and other, so there's not only two way to earn money, but a lot, and yes bitcoin can be a good investment but don't put all of your money in bitcoin, we still don't know what could happened with it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:30:27 PM

I dont think there is an illegal way. To earn bitcoin miners would have to mine.
The rewards are called "bitcoin". After that there is what you call the illegal way which doesnt include how it was really earned.
It is the way it circulates that makes it illegal to many persons but if you really look at the history to where it was earned, you will see there is nothing really wrong about it.
The way it is being used will be the problem. Same with money. They can duplicate it but it will not be the same. In crypto they are called alt coins.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:49:56 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is money, though not your conventional fiat since it is decentralized and no entity rules or controls it. Aside from that, this money can be bought by money (or trade, you get the point) from specialized exchanges that handles the transactions. There are only two ways, yes. It's either you work for it or trade it.

i don't know. Can it? But as far as you can see bitcoin is performing quite well and delivering positive results. Aside from that, people have built infrastructures and wealth in it and they wouldn't allow bitcoin to fall down that easy.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:52:23 PM

You are asking the forum like we can divine what will happen in the future. No one knows much more than anybody else on this matter. In regards to whether bitcoin is money, I think we can go with the definition of money which is a medium of exchange that two parties will accept as payment for a service.

I think Bitcoin would fall under this category. Whether or not Bitcoin will become like gold I am not sure about that; I don’t see it happening but maybe.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:00:37 PM

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

Bitcoin is a currency but it is not money. In order for bitcoin to be considered money the state must recognized it as a legal tender but until now there are no declaration of bitcoin as a legal tender or an official medium of exchange and thus it can never be considered as a money. Though there are countries that have adopted bitcoin but they treat bitcoin as a commodity with a value that is a feasible form of payment.

Bitcoin is money.  I think you should look up for the definition of money and currency.  And Bitcoin are both money and currency and now several holders consider it as store of value.  And care to know how Japan look at Bitcoin.  Even in my country, government look at Bitcoin as money.  I think you need to look at the window sometimes to catch up some news.  The world isn't just your house.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:07:43 PM

I dont think there is an illegal way. To earn bitcoin miners would have to mine.
The rewards are called "bitcoin". After that there is what you call the illegal way which doesnt include how it was really earned.
It is the way it circulates that makes it illegal to many persons but if you really look at the history to where it was earned, you will see there is nothing really wrong about it.
The way it is being used will be the problem. Same with money. They can duplicate it but it will not be the same. In crypto they are called alt coins.
You are wrong in this aspect here,there are illegal ways to acquire bitcoin and the most common one we see is hacking since this is a virtual currency always make sure your coins are secure and all alt coins are not duplicate coins,it is an extension on the market where bitcoin started the revolution.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:23:40 PM

this is exactly what most of the people like tp think with this crypto currency but in real its not even money its just some short of points system whoch behaves more or less like our monetary system anyway no matter what it is we use it for legal and illigal purposes. there might be many ways by which users do make more and more money and hence growing up the bitcoin network we all are helping each other whole making profit for ourself
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

It seem to be more commodity and currency in my country, at least at this point in time. Our central bank even made it clear that it does not endorse it as a currency (there are starting to be more services payable in bitcoins here though). I guess that means it's still not a legal tender (which is what money is).

They've recognized its usefulness as money remittance tool though. We can also buy it here with fiat and then cash out later but then that would make it more like an investment tool, a commodity to buy and sell.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:45:31 PM

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

Bitcoin is a currency but it is not money. In order for bitcoin to be considered money the state must recognized it as a legal tender but until now there are no declaration of bitcoin as a legal tender or an official medium of exchange and thus it can never be considered as a money. Though there are countries that have adopted bitcoin but they treat bitcoin as a commodity with a value that is a feasible form of payment.

Bitcoin is money.  I think you should look up for the definition of money and currency.  And Bitcoin are both money and currency and now several holders consider it as store of value.  And care to know how Japan look at Bitcoin.  Even in my country, government look at Bitcoin as money.  I think you need to look at the window sometimes to catch up some news.  The world isn't just your house.
Bitcoin can be considered as currency or money it's all depends on individual opinions. Maybe it will depends on what purpose people are using bitcoin for buying something or to sell it to get paper funds

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:04:28 AM

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

Mate, it is true that bitcoin can be collected by legal and illegal ways, there were people who truely use bitcoin to illegal because of its good feature of anonymity to the public every transaction they make.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:22:47 AM

Bitcoin is not money, it is a digital currency but it has some functions the same as money. There are not only two ways to earn Bitcoin but many more ways. You can ask or look in this forum. There are polls here asking what are the best ways to earn Bitcoin.

Yes, there are lots of ways to earn bitcoin but then the question is your way illegal or legal? I guess most are legal ways Smiley but it is your option on how you gonna collect coin?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: