Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox FINALLY announces LTC!!  (Read 6087 times)
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:39:19 AM

Gox has huge financial incentive to add LTC as quickly as possible as long as their current operations are going smoothly.

Gox is a for-profit company. They want to make as much money as possible, and adding a second crypto will do wonders for their bottom line.
classic2001

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:47:43 AM

They are also supporting Name Coin
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:56:49 AM

I notice Namecoin was missing from the announcement, despite being in their API ticker and hinted at in some messages last week.

They are also supporting Name Coin

Is there any new, recent evidence of this, or any evidence that they will do Namecoin any time soon?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:08:45 AM

Mmmm, not sure if this is good news or not. MtGox trying to run before they can walk springs to mind.

Their unscalable system is at breaking point now. Let's add some more load!

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:12:07 AM

Most people here seem to be bullish about this news, but I'm sure - like me - most of us are ltc holders.  Its difficult to predict what markets will do after seemingly positive news like this.  
It might be good to look at the negative effects Gox could have on ltc.  

- Because the ltc coin is less valuable then bitcoin they might attach a higher fee to trades and withdraws.
- Now we can get "Goxed" on more then just btc.  
- If they do like btc and make it free to withdraw ltc then that will kill vicurex and btce business and create even more dependance on Gox which isn't good.

I'm not planning ot move any coins there right away.
What do you all think?  All good news?  
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:14:33 AM

People who have said this is bad for cryptos are extremely shortsighted.

With the ASICs coming we need a currency for new people to adjust to the idea of mining and understand that a central authority does not issue money in the future.

This lets new people better participate and accept what for many will be a major psychological change in their minds regarding "what is money?" and its decentralization.

Bitcoin needs Litecoin and other alts whether the elitists admit it or not.

In the end BTC will not be the final currency but will always be known historically as first!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:18:06 AM

I wouldn't sell litecoins right now. In a month they'll worth $1000 each.
medicine

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:24:52 AM

People who have said this is bad for cryptos are extremely shortsighted.

With the ASICs coming we need a currency for new people to adjust to the idea of mining and understand that a central authority does not issue money in the future.

This lets new people better participate and accept what for many will be a major psychological change in their minds regarding "what is money?" and its decentralization.

Bitcoin needs Litecoin and other alts whether the elitists admit it or not.

In the end BTC will not be the final currency but will always be known historically as first!

I agree with your view.

In the short term though this could cause some problems. People who find it hard to grasp the bitcoin concept are going to have even more trouble understanding why there are competing currencies. 

I just hope we get some new reliable exchanges operating soon.  I would hate to see the US portion of mtgox get shutdown.  Haven't heard much about that or Coinlab's involvment lately. 
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:28:27 AM

Any time frame? weeks? months?

BTC is Gox's cash cow - this move may well damage that; lets see.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:52:22 AM

Doesn't matter. When it comes it will be a godsend. Think of how many people will look at LTC at being $4 and think "this is like bitcoin years ago!". That will change everything. Imagine what LTC you buy now going up to $10, or $15. Thats an easy call, people will diversify in to LTC just for the sake of diversifying and riding the small fluctuation that Gox trading will bring it. It will also finally give us a way to arbitrage between exchanges without needing to get stuck with FIAT. It will allow us to hide our cryptocoins- trade from one to another and it will be impossible to track you through the blockchain. You coins will go into the exchange from one address and come out totally fresh and clean. We need a second cryptocurrency if only for the sake of privacy.

more or less retired.
servowire

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:12:18 AM

Doesn't matter. When it comes it will be a godsend. Think of how many people will look at LTC at being $4 and think "this is like bitcoin years ago!". That will change everything. Imagine what LTC you buy now going up to $10, or $15. Thats an easy call, people will diversify in to LTC just for the sake of diversifying and riding the small fluctuation that Gox trading will bring it. It will also finally give us a way to arbitrage between exchanges without needing to get stuck with FIAT. It will allow us to hide our cryptocoins- trade from one to another and it will be impossible to track you through the blockchain. You coins will go into the exchange from one address and come out totally fresh and clean. We need a second cryptocurrency if only for the sake of privacy.

Not sure if you are saracastic...?

medicine

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 10:24:55 AM

Not sure if you are saracastic...?

Are you being sarcastic...? 
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:32:31 AM

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:46:59 AM

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
megablue

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 11:55:37 AM

what app is that?

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
elvisrene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:00:51 PM

hey men nice looking charts where did you find them i have been looking for nice looking charts like that
CryptoCurrencyMiners (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:24:29 PM

It will steady rise until GOX adds it. Then it will go nuts. People will view this as "cheap" because "look at what happened to bitcoin". I love it personally, because I hold a lot of litecoin.

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:20:24 PM

Ah, there's nothing more refreshing than waking up and seeing your LTCs worth almost double than when you went to sleep.

Suck it FC!  Wink
CryptoCurrencyMiners (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:23:18 PM

Ah, there's nothing more refreshing than waking up and seeing your LTCs worth almost double than when you went to sleep.

Suck it FC!  Wink

They should add a "like" function to these forums.

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:40:47 PM

GREAT !!!
The next on MtGox is PPC !

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: