Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinware.net possible scam beware !!  (Read 1134 times)
Cg4447 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:01:54 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 07:53:49 PM by Cg4447

Hello i have stupidly purchased 2 Baikal A-900 Giant miners from bitcoinware.net on in mid march. They assured me they would ship out in 2 weeks. I paid well over MSRP at 3769.75 USD each. I paid with dash coin and received a confirmation from them that they would ship out within two weeks. It has been almost 4 weeks now and they have stopped responding to my emails asking for updates. The last email i received from them was around april 1st telling me that the first set of dash miners they had aquired was shipping out and there automated system will let me know when the miners ship. I waited another week and over the past 7 days i have emailed them again requesting a refund because the miners have not shipped. They have completely ignored every message i have sent. If I ask them a question through a different email they assure me if i order a dash miner they will ship in 2 weeks from the order date. I feel i have been completely scammed by this site as it is a lot of money to simply not respond about. I want to put a warning out to the community to stay away from Bitcoinware.net as they are likely not sending me miners. If i hear otherwise i will post an update and remove this post, but its not looking good. If anyone has had any experience with this company please let me know.  edit: i spoke with someone today who assured me the miners will be shipped out soon and that the office has been over whelmed with orders and emails and that they are sorry for the delay.   I have been asking for a response for over 2 weeks so im glad they actually are talking now... i will post updates if the miners ship

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:10:48 PM

Thanks for the warning. Could you also post the Txid?

How did you hear about this site? I had never heard of it before this post.
Cg4447 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:56:43 AM

I found the site because it was on the keepkey reseller list on the keepkey website.   So i figured it was legit but obviously its not. 
Cg4447 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:52:57 PM

STILL AFTER WELL OVER A MONTH THEY HAVE NOT REFUNDED ME EVEN THOUGH THEY KEEP PROMISING THEY WILL, i spoke with the keepkey people and they assured me bitcoinware.net is legit and it is there certified re seller of Keepkey wallets.   Bitcoinware.net will take your money do not trust them.
toastee

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

to the moon, etc.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:37:55 PM

Did you ever receive your order?

[16:41] <gecko_x2> stfu bitch
[16:41] <gecko_x2> i know more about the us SEC and the illuminati than you could ever dream of
themonkii

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 02:57:27 PM

It would seem that either

a) they're overwhelmed with orders, or
b) they're scamming people.

Placed an order the other evening for a handful of risers, paid (stupidly) via e-transfer (they accepted within 20 mins), and now radio silence. Emails not being answered, chats not being answered. Nothing.

Beware of these guys, seems to be scamming.

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
themonkii

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 12:40:28 PM

It would seem that either

a) they're overwhelmed with orders, or
b) they're scamming people.

Placed an order the other evening for a handful of risers, paid (stupidly) via e-transfer (they accepted within 20 mins), and now radio silence. Emails not being answered, chats not being answered. Nothing.

Beware of these guys, seems to be scamming.

There was another thread that I was posting in regarding these guys. In the end, I got my stuff, but they have zero in terms of customer support. I would never, ever, ever suggest doing business with them. It seems to be a trend of theirs - take orders and slowly dribble it out.

My gut is that they order from their supplier based on orders that come in, meaning they carry little to no actual stock. Further, once they have your money, forget about a reply to your emails. They go radio silent.

Find other means, and do not trust these guys.

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
Liug

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

Hi,

Address is:
BITCOINWARE
10 Navy Wharf Crt. Suite 3507
Toronto, On Canada
M5V 3V2

You will find PHOTO OF THE SCAMMER on webarchive of Bitcoinware website that cant be erase from the web.

It was at the Toronto BitcoinExpo in 2014 you can see him at the Bitmain booth in front of a look like Antminer S4.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140625045752/http://bitcoinware.net/blogs/news/13711173-bitcoinware-at-the-toronto-bitcoin-expo-2014

The bitcoinware website whois information is:
Registrant Contact Name: Registrant Privacy Organization: RegistrantPrivacy.com
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 43083 Cascade, Burnaby BC V5G 4S2 CA Phone: +1.6046290575 Ext: Fax: Fax Ext: Email:bitcoinware.net@RegistrantPrivacy.com

I ask for address name or phone number to help us from https://www.in2net.com but they refer me to ask Shopify as the domain and hosting has been buy there.
Thank you for contacting us. Please note this domain's web site content is being hosted with Shopify. Please contact them with any concerns relating to site content. Regards, In2net Network

I will try to contact them.

Hope this can help us. If you are not too far from his house go know on his door.
Shane M.

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:48:05 PM

I'm probably late to the game on this but this is what I found on bitcoinware.net.

Bitcoinware.net is legit
Bitcoinware.shop appears to be a scam

The latter site appears to mimic the former site.
The .shop site lists the antminer S9 for about $1000 lower than the .net site.

I haven't found any info, reviews, or correlation on the .shop site, but my belief is that customers are confusing the potential fraudulent nature of 1 site for the other.
This is just what I found in my 45 minutes of research.
I haven't seen any other information or warnings on bitcoinware.shop so I just wanted put this out there.

Any thoughts or confirmation on this?
I haven't seen anything on bitcoinware.shop while googling....

-Shane
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: