Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:27:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction not confirmed: what to do?  (Read 346 times)
IamMeeoh (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:21:41 PM

Hello everybody  Smiley

yesterday I made a transaction using my Electrum wallet:

https://blockchain.info/tx/66cca8934cc94cfb86bed7fd44cefddaefac4e0d64b1db75f157248943124e72

I did pay about 100satoshi/byte (the maximal fee suggested by Electrum) and yet the transaction has not been confirmed after more than 24h! 

How is this possible? Huh Is it really a matter of fees or there might be other problems? If the fee is not enough, why does Electrum suggest only fees that are not sufficient for having quick transactions?

How long does it take, typically, for the transaction to get removed from the network (i.e., for getting the money back?)
If it is more than 24-36h I might have to find other solutions.

I read that one can attempt a double spend by reinstalling Electrum and restoring from seed... But I'd like to avoid such 'hacks' if possible.
Also because I'm not sure I can set up fees higher than the maximum (100Sat/Byte) in Electrum...

Any suggestions?

thanks

Grin
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:28:48 PM

Hello everybody  Smiley

yesterday I made a transaction using my Electrum wallet:

https://blockchain.info/tx/66cca8934cc94cfb86bed7fd44cefddaefac4e0d64b1db75f157248943124e72

I did pay about 100satoshi/byte (the maximal fee suggested by Electrum) and yet the transaction has not been confirmed after more than 24h! 

How is this possible? Huh Is it really a matter of fees or there might be other problems? If the fee is not enough, why does Electrum suggest only fees that are not sufficient for having quick transactions?

How long does it take, typically, for the transaction to get removed from the network (i.e., for getting the money back?)
If it is more than 24-36h I might have to find other solutions.

I read that one can attempt a double spend by reinstalling Electrum and restoring from seed... But I'd like to avoid such 'hacks' if possible.
Also because I'm not sure I can set up fees higher than the maximum (100Sat/Byte) in Electrum...

Any suggestions?

thanks

Grin

100sat/byte is too small for the current network congestion. I recommend enabling the Dynamic Fees option in Electrum that will allow you to send more than 100sat/byte and should automatically estimate appropriate fees. Make sure that you are on the latest version of Electrum to ensure the fees are working as they should.

Give http://viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ a shot and you can help push this transaction through a bit quicker than just waiting.
IamMeeoh (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:25:49 AM

Thanks man!

It worked!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: