Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

Bitcoin will always be the number 1 cryptocurrency.
It plays a big role in our society. So I think bitcoin and altcoins have a better future if they work together. Smiley

I think that's not gonna work if the owner of that Altcoin want to just use bitcoin to increase the value of his alt but if working together thing might work if they coexist with the movement of Bitcoin, but I don't really think any alt would do just that, well it is sometimes better if you will have a competition with other coins that to yourself alone!
In fact, altcoins still depend on bitcoin to perform exchange transactions, so altcoins can not compete with bitcoin. Conversely, they support each other for mutual development. If we want to own more bitcoin, trade it with altcoins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:21:46 PM

It plays a big role in our society. So I think bitcoin and altcoins have a better future if they work together. Smiley

I think that's not gonna work if the owner of that Altcoin want to just use bitcoin to increase the value of his alt but if working together thing might work if they coexist with the movement of Bitcoin, but I don't really think any alt would do just that, well it is sometimes better if you will have a competition with other coins that to yourself alone!

Altcoins cannot be able to compete with the bitcoin at any time. As bitcoin has the potential to increase in the value wise and bitcoin has the Segwit and Bu to pull to show the potential to the world.
I think that ETH, Dash, Dodge has been growing in the world and many sites supports to create the new coins.
feanry

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:25:26 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

I think 50/50 because bitcoin today is the number 1 digital currency or money in our world. Many peopla are using and and it is very helpful to them. Many businesses are accepting bitcoin today because they see bitcoin has a lot of advantages in our world today. Although bitcoin's price isn't stable yet you only need some chances or wait for the right time. Other Alts are getting stronger too but we all know that bitcoin is the best.

I think you should wake up from your dream. Bitcoin is definitely not the number 1 digital currency in the world. It'll be digital fiat, followed by the digital gold. Looking at the global scale, we're just a bunch of tech savvy people that are trying to earn money from some revolutionary idea which has the potential to actually cause a revolution. "Many" isn't the word for all those stuffs, we're very few in numbers. We're less than 1% of the total population and for bitcoin to actually matter, that number has to pump up.

If many people are using bitcoins and many merchants are already accepting it, how come I haven't seen them? How come every bitcoin users are having a hard time spending their bitcoins without converting it to digital fiat first?

telatomi

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:03:03 PM

There is no way to tell for sure but it seems to me that buisnesses would be much more inclined to switch back to their local fiat currency if they switch to anything at all. I think even with higher transaction fees there are enough benefits to bitcoin that many people will still deal in the currency
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:35:30 PM

People shouldn't dismiss this possibility so easily. Bitcoin intends to replace fiat because it's so much better, so why won't people of the future choose something even more advanced if it will be developed? Or maybe Bitcoin will suffer from forks, scaling issues or some other problems, recently we have witnessed a significant price surge by many altcoins, and BTC share in crypto marketcap keep historically decreasing.
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:46:58 PM

What a noob member. From my perspective, I can see that Bitcoin can not handle a large number of users. How can you expect Bitcoin always be number 1 crypto? Ether, dash, lite are better and many people are currently seeking for the new algorithm, new technology which can make cryptos stronger and stronger
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

I dont see any alts that could be had the chance to change or will be against in bitcoin in my own thinking bitcoin is the most popular currency that people are using nowadays not all country but most of all bitcoin also stands for his own not unlike other coin they depending on bitcoin.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:42:40 PM

Its about how much people are adopt the altcoins,well according to me ETH will dominace over bitcoins,well that happening will take a lot of time and it may happen no where near 15 years.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

You just have to look what is happening right now.
Bitcoin has so many problems with the scaling debate. Transaction fees are getting higher and higher, so the Bitcoin Community is mangling themselves.

Besides this, there are some really awesome Altcoin projects going on. They can easily figure out, which problems Bitcoin has and adopt and find a better solution for this. Bitcoin will not change, because the extremely splitted community. Its too hard for them to implement new things.

Just look at the charts:

http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

The money in the future is made in Altcoins.
There is a lot of money to be made in bitcoin too, the difference is that bitcoin is no longer a project no one has heard about bitcoin is worth a lot so we cannot make any change that easily, it will take a lot of time to perform any change since no one wants to mess with  the winning formula.
staff_1307

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:39:51 PM

It's hard to say anything about the future, but I do not think they have a chance against Bitcoin.
dirokkl

Activity: 235

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:40:15 PM

I dont see any alts that could be had the chance to change or will be against in bitcoin in my own thinking bitcoin is the most popular currency that people are using nowadays not all country but most of all bitcoin also stands for his own not unlike other coin they depending on bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the most popular and most promising. In Japan, even it was accepted, soon other countries will also accept it. And the other coins are just for fun for a while.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:42:07 PM

I do believe that alt have chances againts bitcoin in the future. Some alt like ethereum or litecoin or maybe something new can replace bitcoin as digital currency as it's faster. Bitcoin only advantage over alts nowdays is it's name and popularity, bitcoin is losing in other features. Bitcoin can't handle a lot of transaction and will become a digital asset.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:49:43 AM

What a noob member. From my perspective, I can see that Bitcoin can not handle a large number of users. How can you expect Bitcoin always be number 1 crypto? Ether, dash, lite are better and many people are currently seeking for the new algorithm, new technology which can make cryptos stronger and stronger

Did you really have to attack the guy with words just to throw out your opinion? Bitcoin surely can handle larger amount of users. But the problem will be the transaction time and fee would both blow up. Bitcoin might not be so verbal about their updates and whatnot, but it's because bitcoin don't have to announce all of their future plans unlike these altcoins. Altcoins have to announce everything because that's what increases their user base. When people find out about the incoming update, the word of mouth will serve as an advertisement for their coin.

Bitcoin is number 1 today and there's a huge gap in the total market cap with all the other coins.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

Right now, bitcoin is on the top, number 1, it's obvious.
Bitcoin already have very strong foundation, many users, merchants, even bitcoin ATM, debit cards, many exchangers accept bitcoin etc.
All this is fine but in the Internet world it's very difficult to predict future, next 5, 10 or 20 years.
Do you remember Nokia, or AOL, for example?
They was industry leaders, but more advanced technology, smartphones and Google replaced them.
So, if something better comes, it will replace bitcoin.
We don't know yet what may happen in the future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:00:10 AM

I think the possibility will still exist where altcoins that have advanced technology have the opportunity to pair and compete with bitcoin.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:48:14 AM

This is hard to predict altcoins against bitcoins because nowadays bitcoin has been leading among the cryptocurrency. And it is being used by many people againts altcoins, so Im stil hoping altcoins would stand top against bitcoin. Even bitcoins is most promising and currently price is soaring high.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:47:38 AM

This is hard to predict altcoins against bitcoins because nowadays bitcoin has been leading among the cryptocurrency. And it is being used by many people againts altcoins, so Im stil hoping altcoins would stand top against bitcoin. Even bitcoins is most promising and currently price is soaring high.
You can still predict the path of altcoin in the market if you do a lot of research, we all know that bitcoin is on the top of the list in the market but does not mean that bitcoin will be there forever, there still a lot of altcoins in the market that have a lot of potential against bitcoin and just waiting to be discovered by us. Don't think negative, just take risk and be always positive.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:52:10 AM

no chance. because bitcoin is like platina
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:14:27 PM

Nope I don't see any chance of other alts to take over bitcoin. Bitcoin firmly take it's place. And day by day its getting more and more popular. Though there are transaction issues in bitcoin, its value is the main thing. People are not likely to invest or put their money in any kind of risk, so many people avoid other alts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: