Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding better 2FA use cases  (Read 357 times)
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:17:30 PM

Hi all!!!
I have 2FA enabled, to access to polo and other exchange.
I need to understande better, in case i will lose my cell or my cell will be stolen, how to do to recovery my account?
Any how-to around??
How to grant access to Exchange, even, if i will lose my cell phone.
thank you!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:23:13 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 08:36:43 AM by MadGamer

When you first added 2FA, they gave you a QR code to scan using Google authenticator and under that code, there was a 16 digit key, that should help you recover your account If you lost access to your phone. Without that key, you will simply lose access to your account. If you forgot to type it and you still can reach your phone then I suggest deactivating your 2FA and activating it once again so they give you another one.
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:28:42 AM

When you first added 2FA, they gave you a QR code to scan using Google authenticator and under that code, there was a 16 digit key, that should help you recover your account If you lost access to your phone. Without that key, you will simply lose access to your account. If you forgot to type it and you still can reach your phone then I suggest deactivating your 2FA and activating it once again so they give you another one.

hum...
i don't see any 16 digit code after enabling 2FA on poloniex...
there are no option to recover this 16 digit code now???
Now all is setted fine.
I can access to my account with 2FA.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 03:07:29 PM

I have always printed and backed up the 16 digit key and I have never lost my phone, but I'm wondering hypothetically if I lost my phone, how do I recover the account? Is this something that is automatic or I first open a ticket with the exchange? has anyone gone through this process before?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:14:39 PM

hum...
i don't see any 16 digit code after enabling 2FA on poloniex...
there are no option to recover this 16 digit code now???
Now all is setted fine.
I can access to my account with 2FA.

You don't see the 16 digits key after enabling the 2FA otherwise that wouldn't make any sense. This key is what makes you recover your account so you can't recover Itself. If you want to get the key then I suggest disabling your 2FA and while trying to enable it, you should have this page shown to you, the big square on the right is the QR code, under it is the 16 digits key that I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: