Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:13:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinware.net SCAM or Legit?  (Read 3663 times)
Cg4447 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:19:12 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 09:55:37 PM by Cg4447

Hello i have stupidly purchased 2 Baikal A-900 Giant miners from bitcoinware.net on in mid march. They assured me they would ship out in 2 weeks. I paid well over MSRP at 3769.75 USD each. I paid with dash coin and received a confirmation from them that they would ship out within two weeks. It has been almost 4 weeks now and they have stopped responding to my emails asking for updates. The last email i received from them was around april 1st telling me that the first set of dash miners they had acquired was shipping out and there automated system will let me know when the miners ship. I waited another week and over the past 7 days i have emailed them again requesting a refund because the miners have not shipped. They have completely ignored every message i have sent. If I ask them a question through a different email they assure me if i order a dash miner they will ship in 2 weeks from the order date. I feel i have been completely scammed by this site as it is a lot of money to simply not respond about. I want to put a warning out to the community to stay away from Bitcoinware.net as they are likely not sending me miners. If i hear otherwise i will post an update and remove this post, but its not looking good. If anyone has had any experience with this company please let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xmaseven

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:31:01 PM

Hi thank you for sharing this scam issue. Try to open also here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 a topic or ask a moderator to move this one. You can help other user to avoid the same scam and maybe receive a refund because a bad promo is bad also for scammer!
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 09:40:35 PM

In future post in the relevant board (Scam Accusations).

Frankly you should have checked the reputation of the site properly before you put in any money.  It's never wise to put money into an untrusted site, especially not a Bitcoin site since the vast majority of existing sites are likely scams.  I find it hard to believe that you actually put in that much money into a pretty clear scam site and I really question your judgement if you actually did that.

You need to give proof though, otherwise it's a meaningless accusation (especially since the scam site has no Bitcointalk profile as far as I know and can't respond anyway).

Later, you could try to get it added to the list of Bitcoin scam sites, although I'm not sure if it would be considered significant enough to get added.

Cg4447 (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:53:42 PM

your being a dick, sorry you don't believe me.   To some people its not as much money as to to others, to you i guess its a lot to me its a good amount but i have plenty to invest and if you look at the site it looks legit.  ANYways assfuck i spoke with them today after two weeks of waiting and not getting anywhere or any responses i was told they were very overwhelmed with order and that my miners will ship soon.   I will post an update and delete this post if they ship but it has been over a month since my order and i obviously am worried.   I have emails and converstations i will post if they miners dont ship out this week
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:29:16 PM

This isn't a scam accusation like most people are saying here. Please move this thread to the service announcements board. It is under marketplace.

I have never heard of Bitcoinware.net. Its all in their hands now, and we can't do anything. Next time, use a reusable site, or even ask around before purchasing. You usually get a response within a couple of minutes.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Sidifotoskwa

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:07:38 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 05:21:12 PM by Sidifotoskwa

They sent me a miner but haven't sent a router I ordered.  No response from CS
Liug

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:52:57 AM

I but some stuff from this site S9 in 2006, power supply, I also be able to exchange a defective PSU and get no problem with the site. The return address was not the same as the Bitcoinware show on the site but get the exchange without problem.

I purchase a Antminer D3 in august at a premium price. 4750$ and pay with Interac as I get great experience with the site purchase but now no email, total silence for any request. I should have receive it now.

My Antminer was supposed to from batch sent from Bitmain in October. I receive my order from Bitmain that was November batch.

Did you receive the Baikal miner you order from them. Do you have any other contact info than email to contact them?

Thank you.
coasterSK

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:23:30 PM

I ordered an S9 supposedly shipping in October. Haven't seen anything and can't get a hold of anyone there. They did respond when I ordered the product via this email: sales@bitcoinware.net. Whomever ordered can give it a try, but i'm getting nothing back.
Liug

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

Hi, Address is:
BITCOINWARE 10 Navy Wharf Crt. Suite 3507
Toronto, On M5V 3V2

You will find PHOTO OF THE SCAMMER on webarchive of Bitcoinware website that cant be erase from the web.
It was at the Toronto BitcoinExpo in 2014 you can see him at the Bitmain booth in front of a look like Antminer S4.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140625045752/http://bitcoinware.net/blogs/news/13711173-bitcoinware-at-the-toronto-bitcoin-expo-2014

The bitcoinware website whois information is: Registrant Contact Name: Registrant Privacy Organization: RegistrantPrivacy.com Mailing Address: P.O. Box 43083 Cascade, Burnaby BC V5G 4S2 CA Phone: +1.6046290575 Ext: Fax: Fax Ext: Email:bitcoinware.net@RegistrantPrivacy.com

I ask for address name or phone number to help us from https://www.in2net.com but they refer me to ask Shopify as the domain and hosting has been buy there.

Thank you for contacting us. Please note this domain's web site content is being hosted with Shopify. Please contact them with any concerns relating to site content. Regards, In2net Network I will try to contact them. Hope this can help us.

If you are not too far from his house go know on his door.
coasterSK

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:09:38 PM

I'm not close, but am thinking about jumping on a plane to show up at his door with a bat.
Shane M.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:40:07 PM

I'm probably late to the game on this but this is what I found on bitcoinware.net.

Bitcoinware.net is legit
Bitcoinware.shop appears to be a scam

The latter site appears to mimic the former site.
The .shop site lists the antminer S9 for about $1000 lower than the .net site.

I haven't found any info, reviews, or correlation on the .shop site, but my belief is that customers are confusing the potential fraudulent nature of 1 site for the other.
This is just what I found in my 45 minutes of research.
I haven't seen any other information or warnings on bitcoinware.shop so I just wanted put this out there.

Any thoughts?

-Shane
solarismedic

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:21:27 AM

BUMP

Anything further about this?  Did you ever get your unit?
ChonD

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:58:54 PM

I filed IC3 complaint along with a FTC complaint.  I have a screen shot of the merchant info. How do I post that? Here’s the number associated with bitcoinware.shop 1 (580) 364-7784‬ Atoka, OK

Also opened a complaint with Shopify and Coinbase.
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:52:40 AM

I am about a 5 hour drive from this company.

I am still waiting for an L3+ miner I ordered from the November batch.  I received my L3+ from the November and December batch directly from Bitmain already.  I am still waiting for the one I ordered through this company.

Any one else still waiting for their promised orders?  We can send some people to check out the businesses directly and find the owners for answers.
Sidifotoskwa

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

Hi, Address is:
BITCOINWARE 10 Navy Wharf Crt. Suite 3507
Toronto, On M5V 3V2

You will find PHOTO OF THE SCAMMER on webarchive of Bitcoinware website that cant be erase from the web.
It was at the Toronto BitcoinExpo in 2014 you can see him at the Bitmain booth in front of a look like Antminer S4.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140625045752/http://bitcoinware.net/blogs/news/13711173-bitcoinware-at-the-toronto-bitcoin-expo-2014

The bitcoinware website whois information is: Registrant Contact Name: Registrant Privacy Organization: RegistrantPrivacy.com Mailing Address: P.O. Box 43083 Cascade, Burnaby BC V5G 4S2 CA Phone: +1.6046290575 Ext: Fax: Fax Ext: Email:bitcoinware.net@RegistrantPrivacy.com

I ask for address name or phone number to help us from https://www.in2net.com but they refer me to ask Shopify as the domain and hosting has been buy there.

Thank you for contacting us. Please note this domain's web site content is being hosted with Shopify. Please contact them with any concerns relating to site content. Regards, In2net Network I will try to contact them. Hope this can help us.

If you are not too far from his house go know on his door.

I can go check out 10 Navy Court but I don't expect to find much.  I ordered a router and a miner. They sent me the miner but not the router.  No response from sales or support.  Karma will catch up to this guy eventually.  You can only scam people for so long before it catches up with you.
dismith022

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:40:10 AM

Glad I found this thread.  Was about to contact this "company" to buy an S9.

I was recently defrauded by www.asics-canada.ca.
- no tracking info provided
- didn't respond to emails
- phone number is not connected
- address belongs to a courier.
- paypal invoices states:Seller info: Brady Segin, asics@engineer.com
- and "engineer.com" is not a valid url either.

Thankfully credit card is refunding me the money.

Now I am considering purchasing off Alibaba.com   They Have a "Trade Assurance" program that holds your money until confirmation that you have received the product.   

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing through this organization?
Liug

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:29:56 PM

EXIT-SCAM
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Yeah Bitcoinware was sketchy, but functional for a long time.  Most problems were items that were 'in stock' were obviously not, and were either drop shipped or ordered from china on a customer order basis...which meant you got your item 3-4 weeks later at the earliest.  I am also in Montreal.

I built gpurigbuilds.com a while back for another project, but i am turning it into a real shop.  It is not activated yet but soon will be, I have to figure out the automated shipping calculators and the taxes....the taxes.  Sigh I love Canada but if i ship to saskatchewan, im pretty sure i need a saskatchewan tax account, etc, etc. 

Let me know what you think, im not going to be selling antminers/ASICS...get those straight from Bitmain/manufacturer people !  Mostly GPU accessories for rigs and GPU rigs.  Stock is real time, so if it says 1 left, it should be 1 actually left, so it can ship the next day.  CC and bitcoin payments will be accepted through Square, so no exit scam possible lol.  I still dont get why bitcoinware would pack up and leave, im sure business wasnt that bad ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: