Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC: moon or doom?  (Read 22245 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:36:50 PM

Any comments on what is going on with LTC in the past hours?

Segwit at 82% support. Looks like we are at all time highs.

Signaling period about to start.

And of course, Wang being an ambiguous cunt to keep you on the edge waiting for his next tweet:

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/852819713625174017

Wang Chun the democrat decides to make a poll!! fantastic. Of course this is just to put more uncertainty in market participants.

Since we are at 82%, seems like it's enough to activate segwit given that there are no pulling outs by shorting chinks.

So this is pretty much a 50/50 gamble where LTC either actually activates segwit and price moons, or you get trapped in the middle of the activation period waking up to a tweet that caused a crash.

Who is betting some money on this one?

Will LTC moon with a segwit activation or shorting temptation will be too high by the chinks?

Find out in the next episode of CryptoBall Z
Instamined

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:43:52 PM

I think the hype was too much today with the signaling period starting. It will retrace to punish this latest wave of fomo.

Segwit miner support (percentage of segwit blocks signaling within the current activation period)   70 (78.65%)

with 7975 (98.90%) blocks left in the period.

is a 3.65% margin a good enough bet that litecoin will implement segwit through softfork? With 98.9% of the period left?

I don't think anybody's willing to slam down the millions of usd in bitcoin to buy up to the ludicrous pricepoints that have been floating around trollboxes.

We will see lower prices until we know for 100% certain what will happen.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

Well, I have ruled out the possibility of this being just lucky block variance.

What percentage can go up in a lucky variance?

But seems too much. Last time I looked at this site it was like 10 points lower. Did any new pools start signaling?
Instamined

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

Well, I have ruled out the possibility of this being just lucky block variance.

What percentage can go up in a lucky variance?

But seems too much. Last time I looked at this site it was like 10 points lower. Did any new pools start signaling?

I'm not sure what you mean you ruled out this just being lucky block variance.

Which way? Just lucky for anti segwit side reducing the number or lucky for pro segwit which is currently 'winning'.

The big pause is that if at any point over the next week maybe week and 1/2 if the non-segwit blocks bump to 25.01% there will be no segwit.

There has definitely been a drop from the peak segwit block % since the period start but that is extremely susceptible to variance because the low population size.

Litekorn-Jesus

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:05:44 AM

Don´t sell your LTC below 100$!!
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:08:42 AM

Don´t sell your LTC below 100$!!
Yup hold your 50m LTC to sell them all higher than $100 so we can have a $5b marketcap, if you think LTC is the next big thing then you are already buying whales dumps if you attempt to enter.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 06:23:58 AM

2 much hype 4 me, i dont run after speeding trains, i wait for the next to come while reading trading newspapers
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:25:51 AM

after litecoin segwit issue litecoin price trend up
and now bitcoin price trend down, so litecoin still trend up and go the moon
Instamined

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Segwit miner support (percentage of segwit blocks signaling within the current activation period)   204 (73.91%)

This may not be as straightforward as people were lead to believe.

OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:38:06 AM

Don't shit yourself. There won't be activation from miners as they have other incentives.
Uasf is the way.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:43:13 AM

segwit whether miners play along or not is merely a formality for ltc.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

Sell all crypto-currency to fiat IMMEDIATELY. BTC will dive -30%. Altcoins will decline even more. SegWit and scaling has been defeated on both Bitcoin and (at least near-term) also Litecoin. Also there are macroeconomics things going on which will also hit gold and every asset except USD. Store your money in USD or altcoin USDT (dollar peg) temporarily until this dip has concluded.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg18594538#msg18594538

Re: Take profits now!

In my opinion, going "all-in" or "all-out" at this very moment is dangerous (only exception: if you are totally satisfied with your profits until now).

The scaling debate still dictates the price movements. In every single moment the following two things could happen:
- some pool jumps to BU and gets it near or over 50%, making hard fork a real risk -> very bearish (target: ~700)
- some pool jumps to Segwit and gets it near or over 50%  -> bullish / sideways (~1200-1350, but perhaps not strong enough for a new ATH)
- UASF gets traction and Segwit approval is very likely -> very bullish (new ATH, target ~2000)
- a compromise solution (EB, Segwit2MB) gets Core and majority miner approval -> also very bullish

That's why I wouldn't take sides still. And I disagree with AnonyMint: I think no side has "won" until now.

None of those are possibilities. 0% chance.

I think no side has "won" until now.

And no side will ever win.

Reading the following threads (not just the linked post) will help you understand:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1857162.msg18526721#msg18526721
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1837136.msg18571238#msg18571238
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1767014.msg18579825#msg18579825
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1867541.msg18570031#msg18570031

The above link to all my points on the Scalepocalypse.

Re: BTC doing good after this big dump

The floor is really around $1050-1100 right now and it's unlikely to break that due to the strong resistance in the market.

We went from $1200 to $1165, it's staying up nicely, so we must hope that we don't go below $1100 and I think we are reasonably ok and good to go for the next $1300 test.

Just like what others said, I don't go for it that it was a big dump. It's only a very small fluctuation compare to what happened from the past like Mt.Gox and with the BTU drama.The price right now is at $1,199 on preev and it will keep on moving and stable at that rate. We'll see that $1,300 very soon.  Grin

as far as I know a correction shouldn't be sharp. it is usually a slower drop. the sharp dips usually show some kind of manipulation and followed by panic sell. mostly starting with the expectation of a drop (in this case the SegWit drama by F2Pool) and then weak hands jump.

Expect some event to serve as a distraction from the Scalepocalyspe reality that we are enslaved by the shadow elite.

This market is flat out fraud.  $30 $41 spread between Finex and Bitstamp.  Since we all know Bitfinex is an insolvent exchange that trades against it's own customers and also steals their money, I'm guessing that spread is also propped up by non-existent money just like Gox.  Why are people willing to put up a $2 million buy wall on Bitfinex but no other exchange to try and prop up price?  Because Bitfinex probably isn't even using real money, just imaginary exchange digits.  

I've been saying BitFinex is the new Gox forever and here it is.  There is no valid price of bitcoin as long as Bitfinex is the market maker.

The current chart looks like shit and is forming a down channel and you got fraudsters on Bitfinex trying to manipulate it up with imaginary money that probably doesn't exist:

BitFUnix has probably been paying off old thefts with new Ponzi money incoming per recent news.

Making excuses about not being able to make wire transfers.

Also note that Tether was involved in that lawsuit, so perhaps USDT token is also not safe to hold:

Court records show that yesterday, lawyers for the plaintiffs – iFinex (the owner and operator of the exchange), its two British Virgin Islands-based subsidiaries and digital asset transfer firm Tether – filed a notice of voluntary dismissal in the US District Court for the Northern District of California.

Glad I didn't buy LTC again because the price got chinked again by Jihan Wu activating his miners right when the activation period started. Geez.

Im down to store BTC in USD but I don't want to deal with banks so it would have to be USDT. Is there a way to store USDT locally? I don't want to deal with the stress of having money in Poloniex.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:28:21 PM

Litecoin is being manipulated by miners over the SegWit percentage. Any changes in it will affect the price of Litecoin greatly. It seems that someone wants to keep the prices down for whatever reasons and yet don't want the price to go below 0.009. I would rather avoid trading Litecoin as it is moving at a narrow range and difficult to spot the trend yet.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:45:24 PM

do we have any solid evidence and any solid change of positions or are all of the above based on guesses? (fill me in please)

i say if we move ahead with activation the price will go to the moon, easy $50 and then some more.

obviously if something crazy happens and they stop signaling SegWit there will be a dump but so far i have not seen any evidence except people saying Wang F2 is crazy.

and meanwhile there is a lot of shakeouts in litecoin market pushing the weak hands out and an accumulation phase with a big volume is taking place. the bottom is still 0.0088 and price has been very strong and stable around 0.0094BTC

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:09:47 PM

to OPs title; a little from column A a little from column B  Wink

tis cyclic; shorterm Moon longterm Doom. 
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:17:43 PM

Litecoin is being manipulated by miners over the SegWit percentage. Any changes in it will affect the price of Litecoin greatly. It seems that someone wants to keep the prices down for whatever reasons and yet don't want the price to go below 0.009. I would rather avoid trading Litecoin as it is moving at a narrow range and difficult to spot the trend yet.
i also observed this as i buy it up when the price is really rising and to my mistake i've been trap can't go out with .011 btc
i'm still hoping that price will be double after reading those updates regarding to segwit. holding still until the price will be doubled
or else being doomed and stuck up.
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:21:32 PM

- 2-3 spikes of 10-20% each and then flatness  in the next week, as people are still cautious
- on the moon when very few blocks are left. I would say between 30 and 40 dollars.
- around 50 dollars after the activation, then dump to 30 and up again to 40 dollars support level for next weeks.

Instamined

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:26:03 PM

I guess it depends on how you define longterm and shorterm

shorterm as in next 7 days I think doom

longterm as in 14 days from now moon if segwit holds but it is on a much narrower margin than was originally expected right now

loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:28:06 PM

That's the point. Everybody expecting it and waiting, so it will not happen. We will see!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:24:47 AM

it depends on how the following couple of days shape out to be like. i believe SegWit is a sure thing and despite what many believe or show they believe, miners won't troll us in the last minute.
and because of this fear, price is still low and staying stable.

i say with 95% chance SegWit will be activated and price will rise up at least another 100% to 0.02BTC and if things go well it can even go much higher towards that $50 everyone expects.

with a 5% chance that SegWit doesn't activate, price will fall down and go on a spiral movement down with dead cat bounces.

in both cases be on the look out for profit making. buy the dips and sell the highs. specially in second scenario.

try not to listen to all the bullshit you hear around here no matter who is saying it, specially those who say something and then delete it. do your own damn research.

I guess it depends on how you define longterm and shorterm
longterm as in 14 days from now moon if segwit holds but it is on a much narrower margin than was originally expected right now

words such as doom and moon are meaningless. this is the speculation board, either give us some numbers or a chart with lines pointing to a number and time-frame of that happening.

your doom means you are speculating in next 7 days price is going down to 0.004BTC!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: