Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple for Alipay, Chinese websites are rubbish?  (Read 427 times)
jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 01:00:13 AM

A few musings on a chain of problems. Rather than put in a specific forum I thought why not make it wider.

I've sent a password reset for Ripplepay classic and haven't received that email. Same problem with the Ripple forum (not in junkmail...). Should I be worried...

I believe Ripplepay moved to something else since this point? So now I have to migrate that old account over. I think this time I'd like to self host once I get the key off. I hope that doesn't use much disk space. Seems a good use case for Ripple, not using XRP for long.

The reason for all this is to use Alipay. I have to use Alipay to pay for something from a Chinese Taobao agent. There are exchanges but there's a minimum which is too high. Perhaps I should try localbitcoins next. Topping up Alipay with a credit card doesn't work and has a surchange anyway. No debit cards are accepted. The password reset link for alipay is broken (!). A comedy of errors.

So, I was thinking to try Ripple. Ripplefox have a alipay bridge which would be nice to try. It's clear once I have a ripple login working again I can send to them for the exchange ( https://jc.ripplefox.com/#/withdraw ) ... but it's not clear how to then instruct them to actually get the alipay note off ripple and send to my alipay (or someone else's...?)

Funny that there is no Taobao agent accepting Bitcoin. Is there a reason for that? Agents for westerners charge double... agents for locals living abroad only accept Chinese methods such as Wechat.

...perhaps there's an exchange doing Bitcoin<->Wechat credit....

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: