Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E You has been banned. (IP 207.X.X.X)  (Read 2362 times)
cycloid (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:21:05 AM

Ok this is strange I just sold a few k of ltc in one of my accounts cause I saw it strangly hit $3.75. Hit log out and got btc-e site saying i am banned.

I fired up a vpn new ip logged in to my 2nd account and sold few more k of ltc at $3.70 and decided to go back to my previous account to put a buy order at $2.65 and got banned again.

Fired up Tor logged in set up a buy order, hit log out out ... same thing , changed identity in Tor logged back in, now my toll box says i am banned for 777000minutes lol WTF is going on?

I wrote an email to admin who is sending out chat bans and when i hit send, I got banned again and now even switching identities or usir tor, vpn and diff computers in the house i cant even log in.

This sux cause I have my 2nd account which now sitting with 10k usd waiting to be set up for a buy order ...

Anyone having similar problems ? I can deal with chat bans for not reason but no being able to access my money and trade is strange...

cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:03:48 AM

Weird just used another vpn to change IP was able to log in set a buy order.

This time was able to log out and log in to 2 accounts with no problems then on the 4 time when I was trying to log in got banned again?

Do they have an issue with multiple accounts being used and if so why dont they say so since I got 5 accounts. (not all are mine as I trade for some friends)

Neosoft

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:07:26 AM

Quote from: BTC-E Terms under "Privacy"
We are prohibited from using multiple accounts
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

(not all are mine as I trade for some friends)

Have fun going to prison for violating AML laws.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:07:26 AM

(not all are mine as I trade for some friends)

Have fun going to prison for violating AML laws.

Oddly enough, he's right. You technically shouldn't do that.

more or less retired.
cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:37:46 PM

what a silly rule  Roll Eyes

I have access to multiple accounts as some of my friends wish I help them with trades.

Besides, my girlfriend has an account and so does my sister who constantly log in using the same wifi router when at my house.
Thats 3 real funded accounts from same house, wtf are they thinking ? (not counting 3 accounts from my friends)

You can just block access for the IP.... this is a trading platform for real money, I am officially pissed off.

sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:43:17 PM

Tell the judge that when he sends your ass to jail.

I have accounts access to multiple accounts because some of my friends wish I help them with some trades.

Besides my girlfriend has an account and so does my sister who constantly log in using the same wifi router.
Thats 3 real funded accounts from same house wtf are they thinking ?
You can just block access for the whole ip if this is a trading platform for real money I am official pissed off

It looks like they found your multiple accounts because they all used the same cookies from the same web browser. Changing IPs alone would not have worked if you changed VPN or whatever.
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:17:09 PM

The speculation about violating aml law cannot be true.  Multiple people can share the same computer to access their accounts.  BTC-e accounts are not verified in any manner.  Even BTC-e itself does not use a real contact address for its domain contact address, there is no contact info for BTC-e other than support emails that they don't really use. 

Many (if not all) people create one or two test accounts with small amount of money to test out their service and reliability before risking larger transactions. It would be stupid not to do so.  But BTC-e could easily close accounts and keep the fund with impunity. 

After spelling out the above, why would anyone uses BTC-e for large deposits since they would take on a lot of risks?  The unnecessy risks would explain why btce prices are so much lower than mtgox.

cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:18:54 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 07:06:24 PM by cycloid

I have accounts access to multiple accounts because some of my friends wish I help them with some trades.

Besides my girlfriend has an account and so does my sister who constantly log in using the same wifi router.
You can just block access for the whole ip if this is a trading platform for real money I am official pissed off

It looks like they found your multiple accounts because they all used the same cookies from the same web browser. Changing IPs alone would not have worked if you changed VPN or whatever.

I dont understand why it is a problem on the first place as I am a real trader and they make money of my on transactions.

Why do they need to start bringing in ridiculous regulations, are they really more concerned about chat spammers/trollers/flooders then real traders trading real money?

bittencoin

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:48:52 PM

I dont understand why it is a problem on the first place as I am a real trader and they make money of my on transactions.

Why do they need to start bringing in ridiculous regulations are they concerned more about chat spammers/trollers/flooders over real traders trading real money?

Maybe what you are doing is directly competing with what they are doing?
cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 07:09:09 PM

Why do they need to start bringing in ridiculous regulations are they concerned more about chat spammers/trollers/flooders over real traders trading real money?

How am I competing with them lol I am trying to trade on their trading platform isnt it what it is intended for?

I guess my main problem is if I wasn't savvy enough to get around the constant bans (which is ridiculous) I would have no access to my money and my open positions would be exposed.
This kind of policy can really stress some one out and I am sure it does, once you are banned you can even get supports email address on their page or see the charts. This is INSANE lol

bittencoin

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

How am I competing with them lol I am trying to trade on their trading platform isnt it what it is intended for?

I guess my main problem is if I wasn't savvy enough to get around the constant bans (which is ridiculous) I would have no access to my money and my open positions would be exposed.
This kind of policy can really stress some one out and I am sure it does, once you are banned you can even get supports email address on their page or see the charts. This is INSANE lol

What I am saying is that they are officially running an exchange, but they/their employees could be exploiting a loop hole or a trade mechanism similar to your strategy behind the scene.  If they let you run your trades unimpeded, you are competing against them for their unofficial source of profit.  This is just a speculation, since there is no logical or current legal reasons why they ban you for having multiple accounts. If all they do is collect trade commissions, then the more accounts and trades you make the more money they make, they should not care.

cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:48:22 PM

What I am saying is that they are officially running an exchange, but they/their employees could be exploiting a loop hole or a trade mechanism similar to your strategy behind the scene.  If they let you run your trades unimpeded, you are competing against them for their unofficial source of profit.  This is just a speculation, since there is no logical or current legal reasons why they ban you for having multiple accounts. If all they do is collect trade commissions, then the more accounts and trades you make the more money they make, they should not care.

anything is possible is Russia I suppose Tongue

well im still trading just have to jump through new hoops , my guess they it has something to do with DDOS protection  Huh

cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 11:55:01 PM

Now I am getting PM's from ppl who also got banned and keep telling them to use TOR in order to access their money WOW

I also just got banned again and at this point loosing my vpn ips at the speed of 3 per day.

I am sure its also banning other ppl who are using BolehVPN as their vpn service.

I am also getting reports from people who are getting banned with just 1 account for loging in and out too fast? wtf is going on there

Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:01:11 PM

I am also getting reports from people who are getting banned with just 1 account for loging in and out too fast? wtf is going on there
Think you finally hit it on the nose right there, you hit hack / botting prevention and the account got banned as a result. As a legitimate user you shouldn't have to constantly log in or out... use two browsers idiot...

This prevention is very common, try logging in and out on bitcointalk 10 times within 5 minutes and see what happens...

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
cycloid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:33:59 PM

Think you finally hit it on the nose right there, you hit hack / botting prevention and the account got banned as a result. As a legitimate user you shouldn't have to constantly log in or out... use two browsers idiot...

This prevention is very common, try logging in and out on bitcointalk 10 times within 5 minutes and see what happens...

I appreciate you calling me an idiot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: