Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:54:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to import mist/ethereum wallet into myethereumallet account.  (Read 1584 times)
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:52:28 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 09:14:19 PM by pcoin

I need a helpful suggestion from anybody that have good knowledge about ethereum platform.
I downloaded mist wallet and all went well after installations, i was able to see my wallet address but i did not mind the last block found which i later discovered that it was 47 years ago (Not exaggerating).
The problem:
After generating my wallet address, i sent some ether into the address, the etherscan have shown 64 confirmations and not is showing on the wallet because it does not synchronize.
Any helpful suggestion as regards the recovery of my funds?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

I need a helpful suggestion from anybody that have good knowledge about ethereum platform.
I downloaded mist wallet and all went well after installations, i was able to see my wallet address but i did not mind the last block found which i later discovered that it was 47 years ago (Not exaggerating).
The problem:
After generating my wallet address, i sent some ether into the address, the etherscan have shown 64 confirmations and not is showing on the wallet because it does not synchronize.

Well do you have any connections to the ethereum network? Also you can use myetherwallet to send the ethereum if you can export the private key.

pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

The problem:

If its what I have witnessed before with mist, then you won't see it until you synchronize it up till the latest block then you refressh the page and everything will show. The way mist is configured, to the best of my knowledge, until when you synchronize which might take two or three days depending on internet or the peers you can see, you won't see your transactions. Hope this helps.
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:04:02 PM

Go to folder roaming -->etherum -->keystore.In folder import key to myetherwallet.
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:05:06 PM

maybe connections to the ethereum your network not good, try you fix!!
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:16:07 PM

Go to folder roaming -->etherum -->keystore.In folder import key to myetherwallet.
Nobody have monopoly of knowledge, can you please explain better about how to import this to myetherwallet ?

To other suggestions, i have access to the mist wallet but i doubt it will ever get synchronized because my server connections for this seasons is very slow.
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:19:56 PM

Nobody have monopoly of knowledge, can you please explain better about how to import this to myetherwallet ?

To other suggestions, i have access to the mist wallet but i doubt it will ever get synchronized because my server connections for this seasons is very slow.

You can use MyEtherWallet "view wallet details" function to extract private key from wallet json file. Feel free to use its offline version on an air gapped computer to secure your private key.

Here: https://www.myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info

That should help you getting the needed private key and then sending vai that service too.

pcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:15:56 PM

I also found a useful tutorial at https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/465/how-to-import-a-plain-private-key-into-geth-or-mist but i shall still send bounty to helpful suggestions once i am able to get the funds back.

Paste the key into a text file, save it to disk and use the path to that file with geth account import. Here are some example Windows instructions that might help:

Open Notepad
Paste key into notepad without any extra characters or quotations
Save the file as nothing_special_delete_me.txt at C:\
Run the command, geth account import C:\nothing_special_delete_me.txt
After successful import, delete the file at C:\nothing_special_delete_me.txt
If you do not have geth installed already, do the following steps after step 3, and the continue to step 4:

Open command prompt (cmd.exe).
Inside the Command Prompt, type the following command to go to the folder containing your Geth.exe file: cd c:\Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-7-3\resources\node\geth (insert your correct path there)

pcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

I have to say a big thank you to all the contributors to my thread, i have to update this thread and probably change the topic for future reference should someone have a similar problem.
How to import your mist/ethereum wallet into your myetherwallet account.
Signup at www.myetherwallet.com and write down all your credential (very important)
Open your mist/ethereum wallet and click on my account then click on backup which will display keystore.in and geth.
Copy the keystore.in on your desktop for easy access.
Visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction and select Keystore File (UTC / JSON)
You shall be prompt with Select Your Wallet File option, click on it and upload your keystore.in from your desktop, put your mist/ether wallet password and decrypt.
This is all the process.

I have withdrawn my ether.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: