Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 02:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on Slushs Pool  (Read 666 times)
Syrus (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:53:29 AM

Morning/Afternoon Smiley

I've recently started mining (just over 0.04btc after 3 weeks) and I've just gotten a new ATi/AMD card (a Sapphire HD7850 1GB) and I was wondering if anyone could advice me on what difficulty I should set it up as on Slushs pool? Are there any other tweaks I should be looking at implementing? I'm currently using GUIMiner if that helps.

Thanks in advance  Grin
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:55:58 AM

Suggested difficulty is 1 for anything under 2ghash/s.

Good luck Smiley

K.
Syrus (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:02:50 AM

Suggested difficulty is 1 for anything under 2ghash/s.

Good luck Smiley

K.

Thanks for the help Kruncha, I'll send you some of my hoard now for your trouble lol
Zilarion

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:07:41 AM

You might also want to read up on flags, you probably did something like -w256 -f60 but there are quite a few more, and it's usually great to know what they actually mean! Since they can tweak how you want to mine. Info on it here.

Edit: for a quick overview of all of them, check here
Syrus (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:19:55 AM

You might also want to read up on flags, you probably did something like -w256 -f60 but there are quite a few more, and it's usually great to know what they actually mean! Since they can tweak how you want to mine. Info on it here.

Thanks Smiley I'll have a play with the settings. I'm getting 256Mh/s at the moment which is a hell of a lot more than I was getting before Cheesy

I'll send a donation your way now [Edit] I can't see your address in signature or profile... pm me and I'll send on the donation

Zilarion

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:23:40 AM

Thanks Smiley I'll have a play with the settings. I'm getting 256Mh/s at the moment which is a hell of a lot more than I was getting before Cheesy

I'll send a donation your way now [Edit] I can't see your address in signature or profile... pm me and I'll send on the donation

Cheers, just added one - I actually forgot to add one ^^ If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I am using a HD7970 running GUIMiner
Syrus (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:27:38 AM

Cheers, just added one - I actually forgot to add one ^^ If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I am using a HD7970 running GUIMiner

Nice card! Couldn't stretch to that on my budget, it's mainly for games tbh... the mining is a fringe benefit Cheesy

Will send a couple of Satoshi your way now Smiley
Syrus (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:30:43 AM

Yup, total newb... managed to screw up Krunchas donation lol Cheesy sent again, oh well Smiley
Kruncha

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

Yup, total newb... managed to screw up Krunchas donation lol Cheesy sent again, oh well Smiley

Wow, cheers Syrus, you've more than doubled my account lol Shocked

K.
Zilarion

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:43:17 AM

Nice card! Couldn't stretch to that on my budget, it's mainly for games tbh... the mining is a fringe benefit Cheesy

Will send a couple of Satoshi your way now Smiley

Thanks for the donation! My card is mainly for gaming too, although sometimes I just mine some sweet satosihi Smiley
Kruncha

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:47:49 PM

Wow, cheers Syrus, you've more than doubled my account lol Shocked

K.

Hope you don't think I was being sarcastic - I only had coinreaper rewards so far (yet to get a payment from Slush).

Check my join date to see how newb I am.

My account was .000xxxxx, and now is .00xxxxxx Smiley

Thanks again.

K.
Syrus (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:05:43 PM

Hope you don't think I was being sarcastic - I only had coinreaper rewards so far (yet to get a payment from Slush).

Check my join date to see how newb I am.

My account was .000xxxxx, and now is .00xxxxxx Smiley

Thanks again.

K.

LOL No worries, spend it wisely Cheesy Maybe someday I'll be able to help you out Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: