Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What computer do you lot use?  (Read 740 times)
The One (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:38:34 PM

I7-4790k. 16gb memory.

The reason i am asking is because of all these comments by users on this forum:-
Huge computational requirement.
Expensive to run Full Node.
Consumes a lot of memory.
Overheating.
Takes to long to create blocks.
blah
blah
blah.

When i use my computer and run Bitcoin as Full node, i do keep my beady eye on the network meter and cpu usage in my sidebar. I have never seen it go over 2% according to all measurement i'd used to track what Bitcoin used. The most memory i've seen is 85mb which hardly makes a dent into 16gb. My browser with 12 tabs open does more work than Bitcoin. Electricity usage by Bitcoin is probably a penny per week.

Which begs the question - what crappy computer does these moaners use?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:46:40 PM

Quadcore from 2008, 8 gigs of DDR2 ram, 1 TB 7200 rpm, 9 mb internet connection. If they raise the blocksize to 2mb i will probably give up on running a node because today I can deal with it but I cannot be bothered if I have to download twice the amount and store twice the amount. Let alone higher blocksizes.

Not everyone here is wealthy, some of us are modest working class guys. Its not in my plan to upgrade my computer, it does everything I need just fine.
I will also be dumping BTC when I cant run my own node, since if you cant run your own node then bitcoin is pointless (by the time I will have upgraded, but the moral of the story is, conservative blocksize is preferred so as much people as possible can run nodes).
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:06:30 PM

Dell xps 14z, with 8gb RAM, core i7 processor. Very quick and efficient.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:12:12 PM

i have enough computer power. my internet ain't so hot. officially it's unlimited. in reality they're happy to cap its ass with not a great deal of bandwidth used.

bandwidth is always gonna be the issue, not hardware. in america, supposedly a first world country, there are millions of people stuck with one provider, bandwidth caps and super slow internet.

i don't think i've ever read anyone complaining about hardware requirements for nodes. you can do it on a raspberry pi.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:23:47 PM

Quadcore from 2008, 8 gigs of DDR2 ram, 1 TB 7200 rpm, 9 mb internet connection. If they raise the blocksize to 2mb i will probably give up on running a node because today I can deal with it but I cannot be bothered if I have to download twice the amount and store twice the amount. Let alone higher blocksizes.

Not everyone here is wealthy, some of us are modest working class guys. Its not in my plan to upgrade my computer, it does everything I need just fine.
I will also be dumping BTC when I cant run my own node, since if you cant run your own node then bitcoin is pointless (by the time I will have upgraded, but the moral of the story is, conservative blocksize is preferred so as much people as possible can run nodes).

the minspecs of bitcoin is still based on raspberry Pi.

so your pc is not gonna feel a thing.
also the 100gb is 8 years of data. and only recently gonna grow at 52gb a YEAR (not a week).
at 2mb it will grow at 100gb A YEAR(not a week)

seriously. you have bitten the fake scare stories of gigabytes by midnight. fake reddit scripts.
if you think rationally logically and naturally you will realise that you wont have any worry for a few years

and by the time your 1TB hard drive fills. it will be a few years and time to naturally upgrade your pc anyway
(average pc upgrade: gamers 12-18 months, office users 4-6 years)

in a few years a 4tb hard drive based pc and specs that will last 4-6 years will be the economy brand pc (working class pc)
2mb=104gb/year=624gb/6 years
4mb=208gb/year=1.3tb/6 years
8mb=208gb/year=2.6gb/6 years

so imagine say a year of 2mb and then 3 years of 4mb (4 years or 2021) your hard drive would be under 800gb of bitcoin data so ur current pc would be fine

then in 2021 you can upgrade to a better pc with say 4TB-8TB to last you many years

as for the internet
as long as your not gonna go full wetard and have 70+ connections then standard ADSL is more than capable. and with Fibre optics popping up everywhere, it wont be an issue in a few years.

even the 'great firewall of china' can happily play with 8mb blocks based on multiple connections node.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:29:35 PM

I have 3 PC and 1 laptop which is my main used than the other 3 PC's
And i think it is enough to used and yeah like other said nodes don't need such more hardware requirements. internet speed is one of the issue?
I think its needs more internet speed use LTE internet so that when downloading the node you can not get any problem about it.
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:35:56 PM

I use an Asus Laptop. Intel i7-4510 with 12 GB of RAM and 1 TB of hard drive capacity.
I use it mainly for internet surfing and some office applications, the standard stuff I'd
say. But sometimes I have 50+ tabs open in my browser. I guess, that's what the 12 gig
of RAM are good for  Grin
Invisible Hand

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:14:23 PM

4 x HP with ssd drives, 8 low budget monitors. No mining, but other Bitcoin stuff Smiley

http://bitcoin.company/images/IMG_1774.JPG
The One (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:19:20 PM

No need to give up. Your computer is perfectly fine. You will only be dl more if there is more transactions.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Invisible Hand

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:21:09 PM

4 x HP with ssd drives, 8 low budget monitors. No mining, but other Bitcoin stuff Smiley

http://bitcoin.company/images/IMG_1774.JPG

I can see I am not allowed to show photos because I'm a newbie... You'll have to click the link, it ges to the image hosted on my http://Bitcoin.company domain!
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 03:07:39 AM

No need to give up. Your computer is perfectly fine. You will only be dl more if there is more transactions.
As stated bitcoin is found good to be run with a moderately powered computer. As mentioned for a certain blocksize it is quite easy for everyone to run and earn from. But here most of such miners get affected if the blocksize goes beyond the limits as more as 2mb or higher than that. Only the large scale miners profit out of it.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:31:04 AM

How much do you actually earn with solo mining?

I thought it's not profitable to do solo mining?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:51:28 AM

i've alwasy thought the same, everyone nowadays run a big badass end gaming computer, what a full node should do to this beast? nothing

also with the last cpu you can run a full node easily, and the IPS around the world all give 10-20MB already as a minimum unless maybe you are in third world country or something

How much do you actually earn with solo mining?

I thought it's not profitable to do solo mining?

only in bitcoin, soem altcoin can be solo mined easily, but not that profitable either, still they give a decent return some times
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: