Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Blue Reliability  (Read 1098 times)
ThatRandom8543 (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:09:11 AM

I am thinking about buying a Ledger Blue (currently have a keepkey but tbh it feels lacking) and would like to know how reliable it is? Is it compatible with electrum or other wallets that support hw wallets? How is the quality of the build itself? And last, is it worth it? I know spending over $200 is somewhat overboard but it looks like it may be promising (especially since it has bluetooth as well as NFC(?) and only needs a firmware update to activate it if its not already which makes it useful for at home on pc and on the go with a mobile device with an app that supports it). The concern I have is the quality of the device itself because it would be expensive having to replace it if LedgerHQ doesnt replace it under some type of warrenty (if they have any).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:41:14 AM

The product was meant for enterprises and not for individuals. Ledger Nano S is the product that everyone should have in the other hand, and I contacted them before and they said that they are two separate products and they will continue to update both but to answer your questions, there is Myetherwallet, GreenBits, Electrum, and other wallet supports, you could take a look at the official website.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ThatRandom8543 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:02:27 AM

The product was meant for enterprises and not for individuals. Ledger Nano S is the product that everyone should have in the other hand, and I contacted them before and they said that they are two separate products and they will continue to update both but to answer your questions, there is Myetherwallet, GreenBits, Electrum, and other wallet supports, you could take a look at the official website.

Interesting on why it would be meant for enterprises but they both pretty much carry the same concept (excluding the BLE and NFC). The website does state its "packs enterprise-level crypto-capabilities", which tells me it uses the same tech large enterprises would use to secure data, unless I am missing something from their website.

The one thing I might find *slightly* concerning now (after looking at how the ledger nano s and ledger blue work) is that they do ask for the user to confirm the transactions but dont provide some type of pin like tezor and keepkey does (unless im missing something) before signing the transaction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:13:26 AM

I'm not sure but here is what they told me through email last time (I asked them If they are going to drop the Nano S and focus on Ledger blue):

We are not going to focus on the Ledger Blue since it is a completely different product that's not aimed at the same consumer base. The Nano S will remain our sub-100$ flagship product.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ThatRandom8543 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:07:22 PM

I'm not sure but here is what they told me through email last time (I asked them If they are going to drop the Nano S and focus on Ledger blue):

We are not going to focus on the Ledger Blue since it is a completely different product that's not aimed at the same consumer base. The Nano S will remain our sub-100$ flagship product.

Very interesting. That makes it sounds like they wont even support the ledger blue in the future by the way that is phrased. Ill keep it all in mind though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: