Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:12:39 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra Flag values for GUIMiner?  (Read 36424 times)
Dimsum (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:41:47 AM

In the Phoenix client thread, the following extra flags were mentioned:
High-end ATI cards (58xx, 5970, 68xx, 69xx)

Non-dedicated (use these settings if you use the computer while mining)
-k poclbm VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=7

Dedicated miner
-k poclbm VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=11

What are some similar values that I can put in GUIminer? I have a 5830 card but I am not sure if I can just use those exact values mentioned above (not sure if they are client specific) so can someone tell me please what are 2 good values for both DEDICATED and NON? My PC runs 24/7 but during the day I have to use it for work and today was my first day doing this and it really pushed the GPU hard so clearly I need some values to keep it running slower when I work and then it can max out when I go to sleep. Thank you.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:05:19 AM

-v -w128

Those are the standard ones for ati 5xxx cards. As for the limiting, you might look at the GUIMiner thread in the Mining->Mining Software area.

Just a question: what work do you do on your computer that's gpu intensive (if you say pro gamer, I'll be super jelly Tongue)?
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:58:03 PM

-v -w128

Those are the standard ones for ati 5xxx cards. As for the limiting, you might look at the GUIMiner thread in the Mining->Mining Software area.

Just a question: what work do you do on your computer that's gpu intensive (if you say pro gamer, I'll be super jelly Tongue)?

Alot of programs use GPU to draw their interface now, such as Intuit's QuickBooks which really bogs down my computer if I don't have -f 60 or above.

fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

-v -w128

Alot of programs use GPU to draw their interface now, such as Intuit's QuickBooks which really bogs down my computer if I don't have -f 60 or above.

See if there's any settings that lets you disable hardware acceleration in those apps.
Dimsum (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:13:05 PM

-v -w128

yeah thanks, I had already tried those - but they actually push my Mhash/s higher! Which is great for sleeping but not much good for when I work. Lol.. not a pro gamer. Its just that with the GPU at max, webpages are slightly sluggish and even moving the mouse across the screen. I tried getting Phoenix to work but couldn't so had to go back to GUIminer. I'm guessing that if you can put two sets of flags into Phoenix so that it works at a slower pace or maxed out, surely GUIminer must have similar settings too. The question is, does anyone know what they are?

Most first timers like myself are probably using a machine that can mine but is also a machine for all other stuff too - internet/work etc. Until I can build my dedicated rig, I need to figure out a way to have GUIminer work under both conditions on my regular PC.
bitebitebite

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:19:05 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2011, 11:31:02 PM by bitebitebite

If your using OpenCL in GUIminer; -s0.01 (~83%). If you want more/less GPU used, just modify the values 0.005 etc

If Iv helped please send a dontation to: deNy3All5The1scroUNgerS8
Fowler

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:17:16 PM

I'm using a ATI Radeon HD 4350 on a 64 bit windows system.
What kind of flags should I be using if I want to dedicate my system to mining(without risk of overheating etc.)?

Also the -v -w128 lowers my Mhash rate by like 4 mhash/s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: