Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:37:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.7A Fan issue - S7/S9  (Read 897 times)
babycicak (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:23:41 AM

Hi, Im changing my fan to 2,7A, with 6000rpm, after change, the miner both s7/s9 cant detect the fan., red light on after 5 min and machine stop hashing. Anyone have same problem before? please help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 04:09:42 PM

Hi, Im changing my fan to 2,7A, with 6000rpm, after change, the miner both s7/s9 cant detect the fan., red light on after 5 min and machine stop hashing. Anyone have same problem before? please help.

Does your new fan have 3-Wires?
Needs to feed a tachometer signal back to the controller card.
In times of need I've put a fan on the miner and connected to the power supply direct.
Then I've left an old fan plugged on the controller and cable tied it up in the rack.
New fan moves air at full power, old fan keeps the controller happy.

Apart from that what is the model of the fan you got?
Delta do one which is the same as the S9 OEM fan but hard to get here in the UK.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:40:00 PM

I remember buying a bunch of delta fans to add fans to our S7-LN machines and to get them to read we had to swap the two data wires so the s7 could read them

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:53:39 PM

Is the pin order same? If not, you'll need to carefully with a small screw driver remove pins and then re-attach them to the connector in a correct order.
I have done this once for Sunon MagLev fan and it is possible with a correct tool for the job.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:36:02 PM

I remember buying a bunch of delta fans to add fans to our S7-LN machines and to get them to read we had to swap the two data wires so the s7 could read them
Ah ha! That explains the Delta datasheet I just looked at for their newest fans. Their wiring diagram showed yellow as the PWM command and blue as feedback which is the reverse of most fan wire colors....

Thought they may have screwed up the diag or I was going nuts...

The other possible 'gotcha' is that there are 2 styles of PWM control and of course they are also the reverse of each other: 1 uses zero or very low pulse duty-cycle = full speed and as duty-cycle increases the fan slows down. This is safest because if the command wire is cut or shorts the fan runs a full speed. The other control method is 100% duty-cycle = 100% speed. Anyone ever check to see which Bitmain uses?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
babycicak (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:26:39 AM

you are right, i switch between yellow and blue wire, and it's work now!

Ah ha! That explains the Delta datasheet I just looked at for their newest fans. Their wiring diagram showed yellow as the PWM command and blue as feedback which is the reverse of most fan wire colors....

The other possible 'gotcha' is that there are 2 styles of PWM control and of course they are also the reverse of each other: 1 uses zero or very low pulse duty-cycle = full speed and as duty-cycle increases the fan slows down. This is safest because if the command wire is cut or shorts the fan runs a full speed. The other control method is 100% duty-cycle = 100% speed. Anyone ever check to see which Bitmain uses?
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:23:28 AM

Bitmain uses no-wire = 100% speed. I removed bloue PWM pin from fan during Antminer S5 overheat times. It forced the fan to run at 100% speed regardless of firmware fan control bug.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: