Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Ethereum with Ethminer Genoil 1.x.x.x  (Read 2346 times)
whizzkidpro (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:32:42 AM

Hi all,

After installing different versions of NVIDIA drivers, tweaking it, then testing Genoil versions, I have managed to mine Ethereum with one of two of my ASUS MARS GTX 760 (Dual-GPU 2Gb each GPU)., All of a sudden from one day to another, mining has stopped.

It was mining perfectly with Genoil 1.0.8 and NVIDIA drivers for this particular model of card, version 378.78 on the Windows 7 x64 platform and on a system with 8Gb RAM.

Now it's getting a pain in the ass trying to get up and running again and trying out different versions of drivers again, then Genoil versions, and yet still unable to mine and with constant OpenCL error messages:

clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(-4)
clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(-38)

etc.

DAG's got bigger??

Has anyone come around mining Ethereum with a GTX 760 2Gb card or even two x GTX 760 2Gb cards, although bare in mind that the MARS GTX 760 is a Dual-GPU card, and Ethminer was mining correctly with both GPU's, with a peak hashrate of 23MH/s and with NO overclocking of the card.

Any suggestions are more than welcomed.
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:39:04 PM

Try using the -U flag (instead of -G) of the miner to use Cuda instead of OpenCL for Nvidia GPUs. Not sure of the memory limits though.
whizzkidpro (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:28:01 AM

Thanks for your reply & suggestion.,

Although I have tried the -U switch for CUDA mining, yet, I still get constant CUDA error messages.

Seems from one day to another, Ethereum mining with what is, 2 x Geforce GTX 760, although with 2Gb each GPU, has come to a halt, and now constant DAG errors, which appears that such file has gone beyond 2Gb in size. I'm still tweaking around and even with use of Claymore's Dual-Ethereum mining software, but yet, still CUDA & DAG errors keep appearing.

Oh well, seems I will have to mine a different virtual coin that doesn't require having 2Gb+ NVIDIA GPU's., Shame I cannot make use of the overall 4Gb of VRAM of my particular MARS graphics cards.
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

I haven't mined Ethereum myself much, but based on some other thread discussions it seems 2 Gb GPU memory is not enough now to load the Ethereum DAG file.
mtn_silviu

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:39:03 AM

Sad thing.. my DAG file is a little over 2 gb, and my gtx 760 is at 2 gb, i get the out of memory error. Does anyone know how to virtually expand video memory? Or any other solution?  For almost 7 days i've been struggling with all kinds of errors. Thanks for the info though, i couldn't have imagined that someday 2GB won't be enought.

I'm using etherminer with .bat file:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -O 0xD8ab1B9B20F81E55853D58FF6E1EBaEF31fc38c0.workerx
pause
Westinhome

Activity: 1624
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:51:22 AM

Sad thing.. my DAG file is a little over 2 gb, and my gtx 760 is at 2 gb, i get the out of memory error. Does anyone know how to virtually expand video memory? Or any other solution?  For almost 7 days i've been struggling with all kinds of errors. Thanks for the info though, i couldn't have imagined that someday 2GB won't be enought.

I'm using etherminer with .bat file:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -O 0xD8ab1B9B20F81E55853D58FF6E1EBaEF31fc38c0.workerx
pause

It is impossible to virtual expand the video memory.
whizzkidpro (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:17:17 PM

I haven't mined Ethereum myself much, but based on some other thread discussions it seems 2 Gb GPU memory is not enough now to load the Ethereum DAG file.

You will have to look into mining other altcoins with your card, but bare in mind that with 1 single GTX 760 2Gb GPU, is not enough, let alone profitable with the majority of the virtual coins out there., I can barely make some profit with some altcoins using two of my 'almighty' MARS GTX 760 GPU's, summing up to 4 x GTX 760 GPU's and a total of 8Gb VRAM.

Been mining Ethereum with these expensive graphics cards up until march this current year 2017, and observing that DAG file was getting larger virtually every couple of weeks before that time., Shame there isn't any Ethereum mining software out there capable of 'splitting' DAG file between the 2 x 2Gb VRAM on each of these MARS cards.

Looks like I will have to store them away for now, as since then, I have been atacking ZCash with both of these cards and for the time being until I recieve my first batch of GTX 1080 Ti's, after which I will continue to 'attack' ZCash with them, and for now.

Happy mining!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: