Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Syntax Error building bitcoin-master on Windows 10 x64  (Read 2167 times)
pr0fess0r (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:38:35 AM

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is a noob question, and if it should be asked somewhere else, please let me know and punish me appropriately.
I'm trying to compile bitcoin-master on Windows 10 x64 using the instructions at https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-windows.md

At this step:

cd depends
make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32

I'm getting:

/mnt/c/bitcoin-master/depends# make
Configuring native_ccache...
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
funcs.mk:242: recipe for target '/mnt/c/bitcoin-master/depends/work/build/x86_64-w64-mingw32/native_ccache/3.3.3-16a70ccf187/./.stamp_configured' failed
make: *** [/mnt/c/bitcoin-master/depends/work/build/x86_64-w64-mingw32/native_ccache/3.3.3-16a70ccf187/./.stamp_configured] Error 2

Up to that point everything ran fine. Is this my bad, or is there something else I need to do?

Cheers

Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 03:12:55 PM

Did you modify the make file? Did you put a "(" somewhere where it should not be?
Generally, recipe errors often come along with errors in makefile, path dependencies, missing environment variable declarations etc.
I'm not knowing this particular error though.

Shub

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

Long story short: those scripts don't escape some characters, when expandig some system vars and passing them to commands, and a couple of those chars are "(" and ")".  This leads to:

Code:
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

in no time.

Under cmd you can write:

mkdir "This is a test, (really!)"

under bash you need something like this:

mkdir "This is a test, \(really\!\)"

If you are wondering why there are Windows paths in the PATH variable of the Linux Subsystem: recently MS introduced the possibility to start windows executables from within the bash shell, so bash on start merges the Windows %PATH% with the Linux $PATH.

The fastest workaroun is very simple: remove from the PATH variable the Windows paths. On my PC:

Code:
teo@Bleed:~$ echo ${PATH}
/home/teo/bin:/home/teo/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games[:/usr/local/games:/mnt/d/Python36-64/Scripts:/mnt/d/Python36-64:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/mnt/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/mnt/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath_target_3146406:/mnt/c/Windows/System32:/mnt/c/Windows:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/wbem:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/mnt/c/Program Files/IDM Computer Solutions/UltraEdit:/mnt/c/Program Files/IDM Computer Solutions/UltraCompare:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin:Compare:/mnt/d/bind9/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC:etc:etc:etc:etc
teo@Bleed:~$

Linux Subsystem part:

Code:
/home/teo/bin:/home/teo/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games[:/usr/local/games

So I did:
Code:
teo@Bleed:~$ export PATH=/home/teo/bin:/home/teo/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games

Hope this can help you.

Bye!
Shub
Table8

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:01:50 PM

Stuck on final step of compiliation of windows qt.

Error

Code:
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: ./build\net.o: bad reloc address 0x960 in section `.data'
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: final link failed: Invalid operation
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:291: recipe for target 'release\coin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\coin-qt.exe] Error 1

any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: