Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICONOMI project's goal really attainable in the current crypto scenario?  (Read 884 times)
Mendeleev (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:35:13 PM

This is a very interesting perspective on Iconomi (ICN) and worth a read, even if you don't agree:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMIuncensored/comments/652fhb/is_iconomi_projects_goal_really_attainable_in_the/

I have tried to share this on the Iconomi thread, because it's an interesting read.

However, the moderator has deleted it, which indicates that he wants to suppress the opinions shared in the post. He has been deleting a large number of critical posts, and dismissing them as FUD or trolling.

This subreddit was created because Iconomi were deleting legitimate questions from their official sub, and booting people from Slack for asking difficult questions.

I encourage people to reply on the subreddit itself, with their own opinions.

Cheers!
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:13:23 AM

Thanks for sharing this, it brings up some good points.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:53:32 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMIuncensored/comments/652fhb

"To summarize, there are so many loose ends and unknown unknowns in the equation that the whole ICONOMI idea appears more and more like a pure gamble rather than a sound business model."

If you add red flags to all:
-ICNX for trading in DECEMBER (till now is not available)
-Dividends rules changing
-Bad/Lack of communication
-they invested in 2 ICOs in six months
(there was a lot of projects around crypto no necessary ob BTT they should gt those occasions too )

Now when you add to all legal issues slowly coming from EU parament it can be really nasty for ICONOMI to operate in EU.
They didn't stated anything that really shows progress platform is delayed and delayed all time.
They have investors 16000 BTC and 15m ICN to dump same time they don't give a shit to investors their updates are like pice of shit ...
December We are not ready - testing
Jan We are not ready - testing
Feb We are not ready - testing
Mar We are not ready - testing
April ? We are not ready - testing ? SURE Cheesy...
"now we will give you update every 4 months (little fuckers) ...."
Do I EVER expected such shit from developers ?
In ICO they were active every day now they don't even carry to update every month HAHHAHA

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:03:13 PM

I was into this project from the start and bought a few thousand ICN. I saw them rise to 0.60 and then crashing and regenerating a couple of times until the current low, which is still an improvement compared to before 3 months. However, I finally pulled out my money with small profits after I got really annoyed by the teams sloppy attitude and lack of communication, especially after the buyback announcement. The biggest red flag was when the random and totally unncessary censoring of simple questions started. This is usually a hint to immediately pull out your money. How can you let people like Jani have anything to say if you want to appear serious in the business world? Iconomi appears to me exactly like stated in the link: no scam, but a failing experiment. Maybe I am wrong and they succeed, but I will not buy in anymore because of their behavior. You cannot really trust the competence of these guys at this point.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:44:20 PM

I was into this project from the start and bought a few thousand ICN. I saw them rise to 0.60 and then crashing and regenerating a couple of times until the current low

$0.42 is way over ICO price.  When things will go wrong price will decrease 10 times or 100 times lower.

I do think ICONOMI have mostly legal issues. I have no ideas why they did not expected this and in calculated in their roadmap at time when starting ICO. They are writing history so yes is tuff. 

When your grandchildren will ask you " Grandpa, where were you when ICONOMI started that their asset trading platform?"   You will be able to answer them.  "Oh I was FUDing on the silly forum."
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:58:12 AM

I always thought crypto markets were not mature enough for Iconomi, so I didn't participate in the ICO. Then I watched it go up and up.
So I think that tells you something about crypto markets.

Or it might just tell you something about me  Grin
BorisTheBulletDodger

Activity: 192
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:38:01 AM

They cannot scale.

It's all good with a small sample size (few hundreds)

But throw thousands upon thousands of degenerate crypto traders in the mix, together with the untried and untested algorithms to try and adapt with

the crazy pumps along with the occasional black swan event  and you have the reason why there are so many delays and why ICONOMI is just a

fantasy.

They started with good intentions but as time's going by, they are starting to realise that they might have bitten off more than they can chew.

At the very best, their platform will only be ready after a good few years.

And if that platform gets launched in the next few months, then expect it to either get hacked or for ICONOMI to get REKT.

I Dodge Bullets
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:57:01 PM

I always thought crypto markets were not mature enough for Iconomi, so I didn't participate in the ICO. Then I watched it go up and up.
So I think that tells you something about crypto markets.

Or it might just tell you something about me  Grin

LOL

Everything goes up now last year. There is nothing that goes down unless they totally cease development and all developers went on vacations and even those projects keep price steady.   99% of crypto is not now in bubble I have no ideas of it and was just wasting my time here past 3 years.
xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:51:50 PM

I am an ICO investor and at current price. Iconomi did give me *3 of my initial investment. This is why i will be sticking with them for quite some time more.

Iconomi is the first working product that is available on the market for digital asset funds. All those so call Taas, Melonport, Blockchain capital are far behind.

Now I ask you a question. How come are the other prices high and not Iconomi? Is it really that bad Iconomi is ? I dont think so. It is just people expect a lot and they will guadualy come in!
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:55:33 PM

I am an ICO investor and at current price. Iconomi did give me *3 of my initial investment. This is why i will be sticking with them for quite some time more.
Iconomi is the first working product that is available on the market for digital asset funds. All those so call Taas, Melonport, Blockchain capital are far behind.
Now I ask you a question. How come are the other prices high and not Iconomi? Is it really that bad Iconomi is ? I dont think so. It is just people expect a lot and they will guadualy come in!
It is quite funny to see that you are downsizing the value of Taas a platform you are advertising in your signature. Tongue It is true that ICONOMI gave everyone who invested a good profit but the problem with them is that they are avoiding questions and that is a big problem as it will pull the investors in the opposite direction,if they are able to deliver in the specified time frame then it is good for their project.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:51:13 AM

It is not and that is a big problem. Was promised now almost half a year ago. I have no ideas where you see a product if it dont exist. They miscalculated greatly when will be the delivery.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:41:58 PM

A Q1 report was promised before the end of April. I think the tenor of that report will have everything to do with whether people decide to stick with the project or not. I seriously think you can expect a major change... +/- 50% ... based on whether or not that report inspires confidence.

And if the report doesn't come out, holy hell will there be a blood bath.

It's rare to find a project with such potential, but it's also rare to find a project with such poor communication.

We don't expect daily reports, but they've stopped even doing the monthly "ICNX Rebalancing" updates.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: