Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 12:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Catalyst 13.4 and 13.5 Beta Released  (Read 5589 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:44:49 AM

I only game a few hours a week, and I don't feel comfortable mining and gaming at the same time (way too many crashes on a 7850 before), so I just have a batch script that lets me pause mining while I game, and then I re-enable it when I'm done:

Code:
:top
start /wait /i /affinity 0x02 DiabloMiner-Windows.exe --args ...
goto top

Put into the Startup folder this creates two CLI windows - one of the miner itself (DiabloMiner is CLI) that I can close anytime, and then another that asks me if I want to resume mining (batch script).

I mine and work all the time though across 12.3 - 13.3+ drivers. Video works fine too. I have to turn off hardware acceleration on Firefox though.

I appreciate your post, But im really looking to use 100% of my GPU, Rather than have 30% core power just sitting there idling...
Has ANYONE with a GCN card played a videogame without flaws while mining on 13.5?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
loueradun

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:10:06 PM

I only game a few hours a week, and I don't feel comfortable mining and gaming at the same time (way too many crashes on a 7850 before), so I just have a batch script that lets me pause mining while I game, and then I re-enable it when I'm done:

Code:
:top
start /wait /i /affinity 0x02 DiabloMiner-Windows.exe --args ...
goto top

Put into the Startup folder this creates two CLI windows - one of the miner itself (DiabloMiner is CLI) that I can close anytime, and then another that asks me if I want to resume mining (batch script).

I mine and work all the time though across 12.3 - 13.3+ drivers. Video works fine too. I have to turn off hardware acceleration on Firefox though.

I appreciate your post, But im really looking to use 100% of my GPU, Rather than have 30% core power just sitting there idling...
Has ANYONE with a GCN card played a videogame without flaws while mining on 13.5?

JackRabiit, what are your settings in CGMiner?  I can Play World of Tanks at 1080p Max settings at 40 FPS using "-I 12 -g 1" using my 7970 (and still get 450 Kh/s or so).  Usually I mine with "-g2", but running that during games totally screws my frame rate, even with lower intensity.  FYI, I am running the 13.4 drivers on a Sapphire Radeon 7970 OC Boost edition.
gym

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:04:46 PM

Any reports on how well the Mining While Gaming works?
On 13.2 my hashrates went to SHIT when i ran a game, on 12.8 that just didnt happen

that sounds like a terrible idea from the get-go
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:15:07 PM

On 13.2 my hashrates went to SHIT when i ran a game, on 12.8 that just didnt happen

Really, it's not. The game uses what it needs, the rest goes to the mining. It's like sharing.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:50:11 PM

Really, it's not. The game uses what it needs, the rest goes to the mining. It's like sharing.
Exactly, and in this thread i further stress the point of why its not a terrible idea considering that if i play BF3, I CANNOT max out my GPU usage due to ineffecient drivers, Wich leaves me with roughly 30% of my gpu Unused and sitting there idling, doing nothing.

Here in this thread im Paying for working drivers https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203119.0

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:30:22 PM

Exactly, and in this thread i further stress the point of why its not a terrible idea considering that if i play BF3, I CANNOT max out my GPU usage due to ineffecient drivers, Wich leaves me with roughly 30% of my gpu Unused and sitting there idling, doing nothing.

Here in this thread im Paying for working drivers https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203119.0

Weird.

And ouch, had to put up a bounty.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:46:12 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 05:05:43 PM by JackRabiit

-Snip-

JackRabiit, what are your settings in CGMiner?  I can Play World of Tanks at 1080p Max settings at 40 FPS using "-I 12 -g 1" using my 7970 (and still get 450 Kh/s or so).  Usually I mine with "-g2", but running that during games totally screws my frame rate, even with lower intensity.  FYI, I am running the 13.4 drivers on a Sapphire Radeon 7970 OC Boost edition.

are you scrypt mining an alt coin? Why do you have a " -g " argument with the intensity at 12 and getting 450Kh/s? my 7950 gets 560MH/s
Im trying to mine bitcoins while gaming... Thanks anyways! Im sure your post is still very helpful!
Here is my CGMiner.conf file (with some things censored)
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "--------",
"user" : "---------",
"pass" : "------"
},
{
"url" : "-----",
"user" : "------",
"pass" : "----"
}
]
"intensity" : "2",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "diablo",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Also, That is the most valuble First Post i have ever seen (that isnt from a mod/admin)
Edit: OHHH, the -G command is you setting it to One GPU thread
Edit2: Is there a way to change the number of threads via a shortcut argument or an In Program way to change it? I tried adding -g 1 at the end, but that did nothing, I also tried --gpu-threads 1 and that didnt work either, Leading me to believe that Im messing it up
"C:\cgminer\cgminer-3.1.0-windows\cgminer-3.1.0-windows\cgminer.exe --gpu-threads 1" is what i tried, aswell as
"C:\cgminer\cgminer-3.1.0-windows\cgminer-3.1.0-windows\cgminer.exe -g 1"

nullspot

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:10:34 PM

I really wish there was a sure-fire way of tweaking my scrypt hashing with my 7870. At this point it's mostly easter-egging and I hate it.

got a bunch of 7870s I was going to move to scrypt - figure anything out yet?
demigo

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:38:18 AM

for some reason, 13.4 gives teamviewer black screen. haven't tried 13.5

I have this problem after remote catalyst update.
how to solve it?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: