Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-25 QZ.com - ....step toward becoming part of every web browser......  (Read 956 times)
leemar (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

Another tick in the box.

"But here’s the bottom line: bitcoin just took an important step closer to becoming the universal, open, distributed payments glue that binds the world of digital money, anonymous transactions, and extra-governmental currencies together."
nevafuse

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:38:37 PM

http://qz.com/78014/bitcoin-is-now-part-of-the-web-sort-of/

This might help.

The only reason to limit the block size is to subsidize non-Bitcoin currencies
leemar (OP)

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:54:49 PM

Doh!
teknomunk

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

...an assault rifle stuffed with heroin.

Er.. This, again... Undecided  I think the media liks using the most outrageous examples in an attempt to drive pageviews/ratings.  I highly doubt that a heroin-stuffed assault rifle will ever be sold for bitcoin in any other context than "See! I told you it could be done!".  Both of those items are logistically better handled separately.

And anyways, I would much rather that money go to supporting small businesses and charities, and I am fairly certain I am not alone in that.  I just don't see a purpose to recreational drug (ab)use.

The opposite of libertarian is authoritarian | Use PGP encryption: 0x48DD8AAB | Places Accepting Bitcoin on an OpenStreetMap
xcsler

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:37:27 PM

Er.. This, again... Undecided  I think the media liks using the most outrageous examples in an attempt to drive pageviews/ratings.  I highly doubt that a heroin-stuffed assault rifle will ever be sold for bitcoin in any other context than "See! I told you it could be done!".  Both of those items are logistically better handled separately.

And anyways, I would much rather that money go to supporting small businesses and charities, and I am fairly certain I am not alone in that.  I just don't see a purpose to recreational drug (ab)use.

I sensed a bit of sarcasm when I read that.
teknomunk

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:22:59 PM

I sensed a bit of sarcasm when I read that.

Perhaps a bit. Tongue

I guess I'm just a bit tired of the media trying to paint us all as druggie ponzie schemers involved in Fast and Furious gun trafficing.  There theoretically could be one (or maybe two) of those here, but I am not among them.  It seems like every article the media puts out mention drugs, guns, ponzi schemes or all three.  The only reasons I can think of for this is ignorance and malevalence, and the more it happens, the more the cynic in me leans toward the latter.  Now I'm just ranting. Again.  Undecided

The opposite of libertarian is authoritarian | Use PGP encryption: 0x48DD8AAB | Places Accepting Bitcoin on an OpenStreetMap
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:17:03 AM

I guess I'm just a bit tired of the media trying to paint us all as druggie ponzie schemers involved in Fast and Furious gun trafficing. 

I don't think we need to worry about that. Fast and Furious is strictly a government franchise. And we all know how enamored they are of bitcoin.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: