Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pro Manipulators Are Here  (Read 1763 times)
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:41:33 PM

Pro manipulators start by building a reputation in the forums by posting their analysis of the current bitcoin market.  Once they develop trust they will use their acquired trust to their own advantage.  They may even have multiple accounts.

I have witnessed this in action while trading stocks on Wallstreet and on Yahoo! forums.  When Yahoo Finance was first introduced in the 1990s, it was a crazy wild west.  Everyone including day traders, mutual fund managers, bankers, etc. would go to these forums and spew ridiculous claims.  It came to a point where people sued other forum board members, and some were even prosecuted.  Imagine if that would ever happen today!  Laws were created that disallowed mutual fund managers to post in the forums, including Yahoo Finance and SiliconInvestor.

However, even though these laws were created I have seen manipulation that is illegal, but due to anonymity they cannot be caught and prosecuted (this was about 10 years ago).  For example, I remember navigating the Yahoo Finance forums and one user was making a lot of good calls between different stock boards.  This user then made a call to buy stock in xxx because of insider information.  A lot of people started buying the stock and then a few days later the company was worth nothing.  This still happens all the time with penny stocks and it used to be "more illegal", but nowadays it's a free for all due to "freedom of speech".

I'm pretty sure you guys all know this and I am preaching to the choir.  :}

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:46:44 PM

The biggest maniupulator is the market and the markes says btc need go down atm Smiley
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:56:34 PM

no, looks like someone just bought a buttload of bitocoins. back up to 155 now.
Jaroslaw

supernode

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

Dont matter it will go down.
nkspace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:59:57 PM

panic selling
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:07:15 PM

You are talking based on your Fiats in your account and hoping for buy back just on 'sentiment'. There are pros and amateurs..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
Jaroslaw

supernode

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

You are talking based on your Fiats in your account and hoping for buy back just on 'sentiment'. There are pros and amateurs..

No sir i just sold at 160$ because now its time to watch beautifull crash Smiley
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:16:34 PM

No sir i just sold at 160$ because now its time to watch beautifull crash Smiley

Nice  move Smiley

I'm going to buy back in around 70
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

Wow, thx for derailing my thread guys.
nkspace

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:22:25 PM

yeh same im going to back back in around 70
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:24:49 PM

Report them
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:25:28 PM

Looks like they are exactly on topic!
Jaroslaw

supernode

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:27:06 PM

manipulators are bears or bulls ? Cheesy
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:27:30 PM

I think you are right.

These newsletter guys are the bulk of it. But in the end the reality of the situation will catch up. And once it does there will be alot of sad faces around here.
webchris

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:28:06 PM

Pro manipulators start by building a reputation in the forums by posting their analysis of the current bitcoin market.  Once they develop trust they will use their acquired trust to their own advantage.  They may even have multiple accounts.

Do you think individual users on this forum would be able to affect sentiment that much? It seems far easier and far more effective to manipulate the market using price.

When you want to kill an antbed you don't pretend to be an ant and go tell them to move away, you pour gas on it. If you have money, market manipulation is easy.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:38:39 PM

I have witnessed this in action while trading stocks on Wallstreet and on Yahoo! forums.  When Yahoo Finance was first introduced in the 1990s, it was a crazy wild west.  Everyone including day traders, mutual fund managers, bankers, etc. would go to these forums and spew ridiculous claims.  It came to a point where people sued other forum board members, and some were even prosecuted.  Imagine if that would ever happen today!  Laws were created that disallowed mutual fund managers to post in the forums, including Yahoo Finance and SiliconInvestor.

However, even though these laws were created I have seen manipulation that is illegal, but due to anonymity they cannot be caught and prosecuted (this was about 10 years ago).  For example, I remember navigating the Yahoo Finance forums and one user was making a lot of good calls between different stock boards.  This user then made a call to buy stock in xxx because of insider information.  A lot of people started buying the stock and then a few days later the company was worth nothing.  This still happens all the time with penny stocks and it used to be "more illegal", but nowadays it's a free for all due to "freedom of speech".

I'm pretty sure you guys all know this and I am preaching to the choir.  :}

Start with MtGox owner quipping about money in- and out-flows.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

I don't know about pro manipulators but there do seem to be some amateur manipulators around here like Jaroslaw or nkspace. Or maybe it's just one person posting with multiple accounts.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

I don't know about pro manipulators but there do seem to be some amateur manipulators around here like Jaroslaw or nkspace. Or maybe it's just one person posting with multiple accounts.

I am starting to suspect it's smoothie.
nkspace

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

smoothie is a troll
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

I am starting to suspect it's smoothie.

Me too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: