Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Fishing Gear (rods, reels, tackle, etc)  (Read 2147 times)
RandyFolds (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:34:03 PM

You heard right! Mushroom season is running behind this year, so I'm fishing up a storm while I wait for the foraging to pick up. I try to fish every day, so I go through a lot of gear...Lemme know what you've got lying around and I'll make you an offer.

I am buying pretty much anything you'd use in freshwater, mainly gamefish, but I'm not averse to panfishing gear (think bass, walleye, northern pike, muskellunge, trout, blue/yellow/channel cats, alligator gar, etc.) I'm also very interested in snagging any antique rods, reels and tackle - especially tackle - you may have gathering dust in your basement. Turn your garbage into that cash money, homies!

Looking for:
quality baitcasting reels
rods of mid to high quality, any length, size, and cut (currently really looking for a 2 or 3pc med-heavy around 7.5')
fly rods and reels (if you've got a #5 or so pack fly rod that breaks down shorter than 24", you can have your way with me!)
plastics
Rapalas
spinnerbaits
panfish lures
hand tied flies
topwater poppers and frogs
trot and jug-line tackle
throw nets
Vexilar
snagless/drag weights

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:03:39 AM

fly rods and reels (if you've got a #5 or so pack fly rod that breaks down shorter than 24", you can have your way with me!)
hand tied flies

A man after my own heart.

I got a Sage #5 VXP I could cut into 24" pieces for the right coin.  I'll throw in the duct tape and super glue to put it back together, gratis.  Of course I'll probably be struck down by the fishing gods and never catch a fish again in my life.

What are you looking for, fly wise?  A mixed collection, or specific patterns?  I might be tempted to break out my tying trunk.  It's been a loooong time since I spun that magic.

Tight lines,

Fuse

Community > Devs
RandyFolds (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:00:28 AM

hand tied flies

A man after my own heart.

I got a Sage #5 VXP I could cut into 24" pieces for the right coin.  I'll throw in the duct tape and super glue to put it back together, gratis.  Of course I'll probably be struck down by the fishing gods and never catch a fish again in my life.

What are you looking for, fly wise?  A mixed collection, or specific patterns?  I might be tempted to break out my tying trunk.  It's been a loooong time since I spun that magic.

Tight lines,

Fuse

Nice!

I've got a good story about Sage..was camping on the San Gabriel river yanking out little rainbows, took a dose and was tripping my balls off by the time sunset hit. The bats came out and I was just standing in the middle of the river casting downstream with thousands of bats swooping past me eating the hatch, and every time I would cast, they'd all lift up to go after my fly. It was pretty mind blowing until disaster struck. I ended up snapping the top 6" or so off of a bamboo Sage two piece on a fucking bat mid-cast. Was utterly dismayed for a moment, then realized that my $500 rod wasn't gone forever, it has a lifetime warranty. Brought it to the Sage store, paid $30, handed them my broken, decade old rod and two weeks later, picked up my replacement - that year's bamboo two-piece. Sage is rad.

I tie my own flies as well, but you know how it is...it's a lot of work for something that's just gonna end up in a tree or a fish. I was more just looking for variety pack that I can let friends use or throw in overgrowth instead of my fancy tackle. The ladyfriend is killing me inside every time I take her fly fishing. Figured someone maybe had their grandpa's collection gathering dust or something. Smiley
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

My old stomping grounds was the Catskill area in NY... amazing fly fishing to say the least.  The little fly shop out of Roscoe, NY(Trout-town USA) used to run a forum for fishing reports and pictures and whatnot.  I can remember one post where a guy actually took a bat on fly mid cast.  He said he had to reel the thing in and remove the hook from its mouth.  I can only imagine the fight to get that thing in.  Must have looked hilarious to anyone around watching from afar.

I have a pretty old graphite Sage rod that was gifted to me from a very old doctor who was friends with my dad.  Story goes he was given the rod by a gentleman who used to work for Sage... yadda yadda yadda(more fisherman's tales).  There's no model name, just a line weight hand painted.  I was about 9 at the time.  It was marked with the printed word "prototype", which was pretty neat.  I always used to think I may have had one of the first graphite rods made by Sage.  That was the first fly rod I ever had, and changed my life forever.  Years later, while I was in Army basic training, my dad borrowed it and snapped it at the ferrule.  I never got around to getting it fixed, just sanded the ferrule down and it still connects together and works great.  I'll probably pass it on to my daughter when she's old enough to learn.  Most of my good gear is back home in NY.  I didn't bring it with me to Cali when I moved back out... could bare to think of the possibility of local gangbangers breaking into my house and taking my gear.

Good luck with your search.  I might break out the fly tying gear and get back to it.  If I do, I'll hit you up and get you a list of patterns I have made.

Community > Devs
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:17:35 PM

I'll be posting what i have this weekend. Large collection of various fishing equipment.
RandyFolds (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:07:16 AM

I'll be posting what i have this weekend. Large collection of various fishing equipment.

Did you get your list cobbled together?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: