Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 -Raspberry pi won't boot correctly  (Read 588 times)
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:31:15 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 04:22:11 PM by HerbPean

Hey guys,

I have two Raspberry pi for my Avalon 6 they are the first model sold with them.

They both act very strangely. I cannot make them boot up correct if I doesn't unplug the ethernet cable and the USB cable for the dongle.

If I wait until the initialization is done, I plug the Ethernet and the USB dongle and it works for like 15 minutes then it crashes again.

Both pi are doing the same thing.

I had like 14 days uptime before this happen.

Any idea ?

Corrupted SD ?

Locking this ... it seems a new power adapter did the trick.

Thanks
NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 02:47:58 PM

Try replacing the PSU. Raspberry Pi is very picky about what PSU and USB cable you use. I suggest a name brand unit like Anker or Innergie (Delta) for something that is affordable but good quality. Make sure it can supply at least 2A.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:54:50 PM

Try replacing the PSU. Raspberry Pi is very picky about what PSU and USB cable you use. I suggest a name brand unit like Anker or Innergie (Delta) for something that is affordable but good quality. Make sure it can supply at least 2A.

Yeah I tried that, I use the samsung they sent me with the original pie.

Also tried many cables.

I will try to get something more powerfull then 2 A

EDIT: Thanks

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:39:01 PM

I have had those power bricks fail over time. I have had two of them literally blow up and blast the top off of the plastic shell. I would replace those power bricks even if they seem to be working. Once they start to heat up they dont put out enough power anymore and crash the RPi.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:00:33 PM

thanks for the feedback appreciated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: