Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoins  (Read 664 times)
Ljubisa (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:37:16 PM

Ok, so I got my namecoin address by following tutorial on this forum..... Now, how can I manage my future namecoins? Is there any wallet or what? This thing that I downloaded helped me to get my address but how can I/or can I use it as a wallet as well?

Or is there something I should do more, some GUI client like bitcoin or something else to get namecoins?

Note: Im a stratus miner whatever that means Smiley
eyesore

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:51:12 PM

namecoins has no GUI you have to learn to use namecoind.exe on the command line which is tricky
3gghead

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:04:51 PM

Unless things have changed in the past couple months, the namecoind cli is how you create transactions, manage your namecoin wallet and manage your .bit name registrations.

You'll also need some small amount of namecoin in your wallet to finalize your name registration.  If you want to mine them using the stratum mining protocol you'll need to find a multi-mining pool that support BTC and NMC over stratum.  Many multi-mining pools only support multi-mining for clients using the 'getwork' mining protocol so pick your pool and/or mining protocol carefully and start mining while namecoind initializes (downloads) the block chain.
Ljubisa (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:44:04 AM

well, it seems that namecoins already starting to generate on my account here on slushs pool Smiley
Ljubisa (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:10:23 AM

namecoins has no GUI you have to learn to use namecoind.exe on the command line which is tricky

Where can I find those commands?
I want to be able to transfer my namecoins to somewhere
Kleo

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:25:56 AM

Where can I find those commands?
I want to be able to transfer my namecoins to somewhere

you have to find windows namecoin ...

then run namecoind.exe --help

prepare to spend a few hours trying to figure it out Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: