Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Trends and Main Client Downloads Are At Month Lows  (Read 1163 times)
bootlace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:38:45 PM

As the title suggests, if you look at Google Trends or Sourceforge download statistics, we can see that we're at the lowest point in the past month. You can argue at how important or valid those barometers are, but they're certainly not bullish. The hysteria has definitely died down.

If we look at it from a more real-life perspective, despite all the publicity and all the hype and hooplah over the past month and a half, we still don't have any new major merchants accepting Bitcoin. In fact, if you were to ask which has been the biggest company that's jumped on the Bitcoin bandwagon since mid March, I'd have to say OkCupid...which is pretty sad.

Sure there are lots of mom and pop shops or ultra green 'startups' trying to get some publicity by accepting Bitcoin and also some rumors of bigger things coming, but as it is, the fact of the matter is the current price is not representative of reality.

Most blind bulls will try to twist reality into fitting their fantasies, but everything I've said above is fact. Now I'm not saying Bitcoin doesn't have a bright future, I do hope that it does. But those watching price charts all day hoping for an imminent skyrocket up to make you rich are wasting their time.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:58:28 PM

Right now the price is being controlled/pushed by speculators and Silk Road.  It's always been this way, though.

nkspace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:00:35 PM

pllus 100, well said sir
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:00:43 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-users?showDataPoints=false&timespan=&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7&scale=1&address=
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:04:04 PM

They dont delete unused accounts so its obvious the numbers will be only higer Smiley
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:06:10 PM

So? It's in logarithmic scale...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 11:06:50 PM

So? It's in logarithmic scale...

up, uP, UP

e: https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-tx
Frozenlock

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:09:23 PM

Don't bear me up on this, I'm only pointing out that the number of users is growing exponentially.
FWIW, price could fall regardless of the number of users.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:10:57 PM

Maybe people started downloading other clients than the bitcoin-qt one. With the new bitcoin website other clients too are reported, not only the qt one.

Wow that blockchain.info logarithmic graphic is impressive

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:55:30 AM

Don't bear me up on this, I'm only pointing out that the number of users is growing exponentially.
FWIW, price could fall regardless of the number of users.

That chart are the number of mywallet transactions, not the price.
Frozenlock

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:57:35 AM

I was answering to your "up uP UP".
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:59:26 AM

I was answering to your "up uP UP".

So, did you get the joke?
Frozenlock

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:19:01 AM

Hmm if you ask I might not...

I was supposing you were being sarcastic, as in "sure, the price will only go up uP UP!".  Undecided
fingerpaint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:08:58 AM

Maybe people started downloading other clients than the bitcoin-qt one. With the new bitcoin website other clients too are reported, not only the qt one.

This. I downloaded bitcoin-qt 2 years ago. Only just learned that blockchain.info had launched features beyond providing info on the block chain.
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:12:21 AM

There are better clients such as Multibit that deserve more attention.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:17:19 AM

mt gox queue 18520...
http://yellowcoins.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7-mt-gox-queue/
bootlace (OP)

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:33:29 AM

This. I downloaded bitcoin-qt 2 years ago. Only just learned that blockchain.info had launched features beyond providing info on the block chain.

You guys don't get it do you....how popular the client is, is not a matter at all because its not a variable when considering a one month period. The only thing that matters is whether its trending up or down - we're not looking at the absolute numbers. If it's not a popular client its not likely to get much downloads last week either, so why less people downloaded it this week? = because less new people came in this week compared with the last.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
xorglub

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:07:41 AM

Once you've downloaded the client once, there is no need to redowload it until a new version comes out.
Same for searching, on a less definite scale.

Btw, has anyone compared subsearches vs trend, ie "buying bitcoin" vs "mining bitcoin" ?
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:29:20 AM

The proice follow google trends not opposite guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: