Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would there be interest in a Local Bitcoin Co-op - Meetup Site  (Read 483 times)
hstlmn (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:56:52 PM

One of the hardest thing about bit coins is not knowing like minded people. I think making a site where you could hold monthly meetups to talk and exchange bitcoins could be a huge plus to the community.

Am I off on this thought?

1. You could find people paying cash for your coins and get to know them. The opposite could also be true

2. Rather than doing public pools you could coordinate local mining pools with people you know. Help people having issues and build relationships

3. You could find people who like to offer things to others and work on building bitcoin services everyone can use.

4. Make friends with people.

I am sure I am missing something here but, any ideas you can chime in.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:14:26 PM

One of the hardest thing about bit coins is not knowing like minded people. I think making a site where you could hold monthly meetups to talk and exchange bitcoins could be a huge plus to the community.

Am I off on this thought?

1. You could find people paying cash for your coins and get to know them. The opposite could also be true

2. Rather than doing public pools you could coordinate local mining pools with people you know. Help people having issues and build relationships

3. You could find people who like to offer things to others and work on building bitcoin services everyone can use.

4. Make friends with people.

I am sure I am missing something here but, any ideas you can chime in.

Since those like minded people aren't always nearby, perhaps a better idea would be if someone were to create some sort of website where people who are interested in bitcoin can all find each other to engage in those same activities.  They could call it "bitcointalk" or something like that.  That'd be cool.

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: