Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS - 2TB Hard Drives, Creative x-Fi, RAID card, Crysis 3 / Bioshock Coupons  (Read 1691 times)
marketermac (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:34:59 AM

I bought them at the end of April of last year (all at the same time) from a local Microcenter.

From what I recall they came with 3 year warranties, so yes they should still be covered. I do not know if these warranties transfer to a new buyer though unless you know more about the subject?

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:09:49 PM

Got the drives in the mail today... unfortunately didn't have as good luck as the other customer.
1) UPS charged me an extra $45 for brokerage fees at the border (should have mentioned to never ship to Canada with UPS, was partly my fault.  For future reference only use USPS to Canada).
2) Drives were in really bad shape, anti-static bags are nearly torn and heavily perforated from being banged around so much.  One of the PCBs on one of the WD drives is actually scratched deeply.  It looks like they were shipped with air-filled plastic baggies, but these all popped from rough handling by UPS which let the drives bounce around like crazy in the foam peanuts that filled the remaining half of the box.

I will test them out next week sometime, hopefully they're okay.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
marketermac (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:31:15 AM

Got the drives in the mail today... unfortunately didn't have as good luck as the other customer.
1) UPS charged me an extra $45 for brokerage fees at the border (should have mentioned to never ship to Canada with UPS, was partly my fault.  For future reference only use USPS to Canada).
2) Drives were in really bad shape, anti-static bags are nearly torn and heavily perforated from being banged around so much.  One of the PCBs on one of the WD drives is actually scratched deeply.  It looks like they were shipped with air-filled plastic baggies, but these all popped from rough handling by UPS which let the drives bounce around like crazy in the foam peanuts that filled the remaining half of the box.

I will test them out next week sometime, hopefully they're okay.

I apologize, it was never mentioned to me by UPS that they would charge a 'fee' for getting it across the border when shipping the package, all that was told to me was the rate to ship the box. This is my first time shipping to Canada, now I know too I guess.

As for the condition of the box, this is the second time (just this week) that UPS has destroyed a box with electronics in it on me. Let me know how things go with the drives and if it doesn't work out well I'll make it right the best I can. Thanks.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

I apologize, it was never mentioned to me by UPS that they would charge a 'fee' for getting it across the border when shipping the package, all that was told to me was the rate to ship the box. This is my first time shipping to Canada, now I know too I guess.

Yeah, it's a big problem here.  My roommate bought some motorcycle parts online from the US for $70 and UPS charged him $120 in non-specific "customs brokerage fees".  FedEx charges these fees here, there's basically a shipping cartel up here as far as getting stuff across the border is concerned.  The only company without charges is USPS/Canada Post.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
piit79

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:24:54 AM

Card and cables received yesterday. Pleasure doing business with you!

Cheers
Pete

Paid OP 0.2938 via BitPay for Supermicro SAS adapter, 2x breakout cables and shipping to the UK:

https://bitpay.com/invoice/f9lAy3Mi9o52JJyPmhFH6EotUqpmXiBRDyCfMNLtOUo=

Thanks!

Received payment, I'll be PMing you the tracking details. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: