Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what 470? Nitro+, STRIX or XFX470  (Read 1347 times)
stef_stef (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:33:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning on building a new rig, and currently sourcing the parts. Since the 500 series did not bring much news, I plan on getting the 470 since they are easier to find where I live.

So far, I've limited my choice (due to availability) to:

STRIX-RX470-O4G

RX-470P4LDB6 (xfx 470 black edition 4gb)

and 470 NITRO+ 4gb

The cards are the same price +-5 eur. With all that in mind, what should I go for?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabslock

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:32:58 AM

I'd go with Nitro just because of the dual-bios, screw up one, you still have the other.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:31:26 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning on building a new rig, and currently sourcing the parts. Since the 500 series did not bring much news, I plan on getting the 470 since they are easier to find where I live.

STRIX-RX470-O4G

and 470 NITRO+ 4gb

The cards are the same price +-5 eur. With all that in mind, what should I go for?

Thanks!
I was going to suggest the msi gamingx as it's the best but as you say you have a limited choice so you better go with my second best the nitro+ , my choices depends on cooling , stability , quality and price at the end it's just my opinion...

2016 GPU Miner
stef_stef (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:50:21 PM

Hi everyone,

STRIX-RX470-O4G

and 470 NITRO+ 4gb

Thanks!
I was going to suggest the msi gamingx as it's the best but as you say you have a limited choice so you better go with my second best the nitro+ , my choices depends on cooling , stability , quality and price at the end it's just my opinion...

Sorry for my late response, but the forum has been acting all crazy all day.

I miiight be able to find the msi one. Is it that much better than the rest?
tarnum

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:21:28 PM

I have all this cards, and my prefs are:
Strix, XFX, MSI.
Why? with almost same Mhs numbers, (Strix:29,5 - XFX: 29 - MSI:29 ) strix is pure silence, never overheat, and it is much more stable (harder to get memory errors and never get hung)
RentGPU

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:50:52 PM

Hi everyone,

STRIX-RX470-O4G

and 470 NITRO+ 4gb

Thanks!

Sorry for my late response, but the forum has been acting all crazy all day.

I have been mining with many rigs for about 6 months+ , the rigs i have is built with 3 brands the msi gamingx (not the armor) , gigabyte g1 , and the sapphire nitro+,..the best is the gamingx and the worst is the gigabyte g1 ...i don't have any experience with stirxx , you can try to catch the one with samsung mem.

2016 GPU Miner
dddrgonzooo

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:56:10 PM

I have two of the strix 470's, because of the deal on newegg. Within the first few days a fan died on one of them, and because I cut the label for the mail in rebate I can't exchange with newegg. I haven't called asus yet, but I still operates. They don't perform like the reference cards with the same memory (elipda), and I can't keep them stable above 1850... so they have been a bit of a disappointment.
ZimmyK

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:47:08 PM

I'm using 4 XFX 470 4GB cards, stock, to mine Zcash. They have been rock solid. Each card has two easily replaceable fans, which is nice, in case a fan dies. I'm happy with them.
RentGPU

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:48:36 PM

I'm using 4 XFX 470 4GB cards, stock, to mine Zcash. They have been rock solid. Each card has two easily replaceable fans, which is nice, in case a fan dies. I'm happy with them.
Those replaceable fans are not +1 anymore , actually all brands are now equippied with those fans you can easily replace msi,sapphire, gigabyte any brand fans incase it dies , even the new 570 nitro+ comes with additional fans so you have a ready backup, but the fans noise thats differs msi is smooth , gigabyte is loud as hell

2016 GPU Miner
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:07:25 AM

Screw eye candy bullshit.

I would get the cheapest card for ROI.

If u can Gigabyte G1/Asus Strix is the best value for bang! (RX480 4GB | RX470 4GB respectively with Ali G , aight)

Asus is rubbish in terms of speed though for what i have seen on video reviews, but the price is good, if u get it get the card make sure its the Strix version not the Rog rubbish, the Saphire Nitro+ great and the XFX great. I would not get a single fan card , speaking of which XFX seem to have 3 versions of the RX470.... so be aware and get the right one.
Though i have given my input the Asus is probably the better priced, then Gigabyte if you lucky for where u stay i know what u mean and i know the feeling, i also stay in the middle of nowhere.
For me the PowerColor and HIS are the cheapest here.
Another let down for me is the MBPS pipe size on the ASUS, which is 6600 and not 7000 like most the RX470's. It must serve for a purpose else it would not be a specification in the design.

PowerColor i have to say is a great card it performs well, they reckon for overclocking though the XFX, HIS Q3, then Nitro+ kills.
Asus and Gigabyte for me no back plate heatsink but they have 2 fans at least and maybe better price where u stay.

For me where i stay the bastards rape you for your money before your virginity, so i sourced mine from overseas and used a muel to bring it in for me to skip shipping bullshit.
ebay and alliexpress is a horrible source with monster prices, bloody crooks.

I have the PowerColor 4GB currently and am waiting on the Nitro+ 8GB 470 got it at a steal though to get the money back is going to take for ever i might not make it to Monaco soon.

Sorry i cant say much about MSI but their motherboards are great. Their graphics cards look too fancy looking for me so i would imagine they inflate the prices.

Hope this helps you decide what to buy.

It took me 4 weeks to decide.

stef_stef (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:49:45 AM

Screw eye candy bullshit.

I would get the cheapest card for ROI.

If u can Gigabyte G1/Asus Strix is the best value for bang! (RX480 4GB | RX470 4GB respectively with Ali G , aight)

Asus is rubbish in terms of speed though for what i have seen on video reviews, but the price is good, if u get it get the card make sure its the Strix version not the Rog rubbish, the Saphire Nitro+ great and the XFX great. I would not get a single fan card , speaking of which XFX seem to have 3 versions of the RX470.... so be aware and get the right one.
Though i have given my input the Asus is probably the better priced, then Gigabyte if you lucky for where u stay i know what u mean and i know the feeling, i also stay in the middle of nowhere.
For me the PowerColor and HIS are the cheapest here.
Another let down for me is the MBPS pipe size on the ASUS, which is 6600 and not 7000 like most the RX470's. It must serve for a purpose else it would not be a specification in the design.

PowerColor i have to say is a great card it performs well, they reckon for overclocking though the XFX, HIS Q3, then Nitro+ kills.
Asus and Gigabyte for me no back plate heatsink but they have 2 fans at least and maybe better price where u stay.

For me where i stay the bastards rape you for your money before your virginity, so i sourced mine from overseas and used a muel to bring it in for me to skip shipping bullshit.
ebay and alliexpress is a horrible source with monster prices, bloody crooks.

I have the PowerColor 4GB currently and am waiting on the Nitro+ 8GB 470 got it at a steal though to get the money back is going to take for ever i might not make it to Monaco soon.

Sorry i cant say much about MSI but their motherboards are great. Their graphics cards look too fancy looking for me so i would imagine they inflate the prices.

Hope this helps you decide what to buy.

It took me 4 weeks to decide.

Thanks for the input everyone Smiley

All the cards I mentioned are priced the same. The xfx model is the one with two fans. I think it is the RS version. I guess I will have to choose between the XFX and the Nitro+.

However, some 570s started popping out, and I really have no idea what to go for now... Cheesy
sigb0y

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:59:37 AM

I rely on XFX cards. They are rock solid and are working great. Had no hassles with them.

keep mining or die trying
lankyman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:08:50 AM

Come on guys you know you are missing the best all time performing card here.
3D Voodoo  banshee 16 Megs of ram.
OlegVerona

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

I got strix 470 and 470 nitro + so Sapphire much more better in all. And one more, strix in dual unbalance with bios mod, i can't use strix a lot with DCR+ETH speed up/down and all time reboot is killing me so back on solo ETH.
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:59:43 AM

Nitro+ is the gold standard, with the msi gaming (NOT armor) at the same level or close. xfx I will never touch again
as they have gone way downhill and pull things like locking voltage on all but one model.

mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:45:26 AM

Nitro+ all day long, not had one issue with any of their cards, they can run quite hot duel mining, but they're rock solid
lankyman

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:42:45 PM

I now have a GTS450 and also RX470 8GB Nitro+ version
I hope i can try mine with those... not sure, i will try to re-install windows 7 on the weekend after i plugged the RX470 in with the GTS450.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:45:35 PM

FWIW this is a pretty cheap card atm, not sure if it can be applicable to you outside usa?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-hard-swap-edition-amd-radeon-rx-470-rs-4-gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-with-white-led-backlight/5549800.p?skuId=5549800&productCategoryId=

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
lankyman

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:39:00 PM

Would be awesome, if you can maybe assist me with shipping i really dont mind you can use the basic services like DHL FEDEX even UPS / USPS.... but as long as we arrange tracking shipping...
If you could assist me with this sometime then we can talk about it further.

I can leave you some of my credential details if you require this too.

For now though let me see  how my mining goes with the 2 cards i have.
spiz0r

Activity: 340

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

I also think Nitro+ is one of the best cards on the market.
I really like the easy replacement fans. It saves you a lot of time and money.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: