Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought 6 S9's Antminers and need help  (Read 1886 times)
Prask (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:01:09 AM

So i just ordered 6 new S9's from the latest badge but i wanted to know some things:

1) What cooler system should u look up to, do i need to buy A/C's or thats to low for 6 S9 at the same room, what do you guys recommend me to do.

2) What pool should i join?, im pretty new to bitcoins and is my first time i will buy a antminer. Sorry for the ignorance.

3) How can i exchange the bitcoins in my current currency? Im living in South america.

4) In actual Difficulty and with my s9 13 TH how many Bitcoins i can farm a month?

Sorry again for my ignorance and bad english, have a wonderful day!
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:45:38 AM

So i just ordered 6 new S9's from the latest badge but i wanted to know some things:

1) What cooler system should u look up to, do i need to buy A/C's or thats to low for 6 S9 at the same room, what do you guys recommend me to do.

2) What pool should i join?, im pretty new to bitcoins and is my first time i will buy a antminer. Sorry for the ignorance.

3) How can i exchange the bitcoins in my current currency? Im living in South america.

4) In actual Difficulty and with my s9 13 TH how many Bitcoins i can farm a month?

6 s9 will definitely need some A/C if you plan to keep them in the same room. I can't recommend a specific A/C unit as I host mine in a data center.

As for a pool to join, I mine at Kano.is. Lower fees than most, pays transaction fees, and the miners there are very helpful. Other pools I would recommend are bravo-mining.com or bcmonster.com, both are smaller pools but they both maintain a presence in their respective threads in pools sections of the forum. A bigger list of pools to choose from can be found here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

You can calculate how much btc your miners will generate using one of the many calculators available. A couple notable ones are http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php or https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator which will let you adjust the expected difficulty increases
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:17:20 AM

mostly, it depend where do you live...
here you have a list of actual major pools:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC
but remember: centralization is never a good things... then look at the distribution type...
you could use a bank account, who is able to manage USD dollars...

here you can do an easy estimation of your income:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:31:53 PM

You certainly jumped in with both feet to get six S9's with no experience. Not saying that's a bad thing. I hope your electric rate is fairly low.
I have four S9's running in a spare bedroom. Two 20 inch box fans sucking in air directly onto the miner input fans. One 20 inch box fan in another window sucking the hot air out of the room.

It's not the best setup for cooling, but it is what it is for the time being.

I also mine at Kano Pool.  https://www.kano.is/index.php

It's a small- medium size pool that pays well. Less people to share the block reward with. (Kano Pool has hit 5 blocks today and it's been a very good month for blocks! Smiley And it has a great Bitcointalk thread with a good deal of interaction between the miners. And the pool operator is always available.
Just my .02.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0

Good luck where ever you end up.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2607

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:41:31 PM

You have question about cooling and possible AC:
Well, we have to start with where the miners located and what is the usual range of ambient temperatures where they are? Are they in a room? Can the room be ventilated to the outside to get rid of heat?

Remember, each miner is a perfect 1.5kw (rounded off) heater. With each miner be drawing 1.5kw that = 5,122.769 BTU/hr. For all 6 miners that = 30,736.614 BTU/hr and paying for AC to move that costs $$$.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:47:58 PM

You have question about cooling and possible AC:
Well, we have to start with where the miners located and what is the usual range of ambient temperatures where they are? Are they in a room? Can the room be ventilated to the outside to get rid of heat?

In my experience trying to cool miners with air conditioners in the same room, the AC ends up freezing over and must be shut down to thaw the ice. I'm sure there is a fix for that. But the AC also sent my electric bill way up. Not worth it for me.
The fans work best for me at the moment. Your mileage may vary greatly!  Cool Cool Cool

Best wishes and good luck!!! Grin Grin Grin

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:53:18 PM

As ^^ said. Room air conditioners are very poor choice. They are NOT made to handle a constant massive heat load. That is what a properly designed HVAC (well, no 'Heating" involved) area temperature control system is for and will do very well.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:57:30 PM

As ^^ said. Room air conditioners are very poor choice. They are NOT made to handle a constant massive heat load. That is what a properly designed HVAC (well, no 'Heating" involved) area temperature control system is for and will do very well.

Yes, I keep my central HVAC fan only on most times. It helps draw the heat out the room from one vent and it adds cool air that flows up in front of the fans from another output vent. Drops the miner chip temp 2-4 degrees C for all four miners.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:13:32 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 02:38:49 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

For the main part of my farm at work I use this with its intake facing the hot miner exhaust
and 20 feet of 12" flex duct to move the 20kw of heat from that area to the main (air conditioned) shop floor. Got the blower from Global Industrial Products and it moves over 2,500 cubic ft/min. Keeps the area at about 85-90F in the summer and the miners are quite happy with that.

wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:24:39 AM

For the main part of my farm at work I use this with its intake facing the hot miner exhaust
and 20 feet of 10" flex duct to move the 20kw of heat from that area to the main (air conditioned) shop floor. Got the blower from Global Products and it moves over 2,500 cubic ft/min. Keeps the area at about 85-90F in the summer and the miners are quite happy with that.

Very nice! I need ducting on both input and output of my miners to really be in the sweet spot. Just need to find the time and get some 3d printed cowling to fit both ends of the miners, then get appropriate aluminum flexible ducting to pull cool air in and exhaust hot air out of the other window.

Unfortunately, running duct across the room will make an obstacle course.

I need a piece of ply-wood to fill in the windows with the ducting holes cut into the wood and secured. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to that! LOL

That looks like a killer fan!!!  Cheesy

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:33:27 AM

It's not just a 'fan' It is a pressure blower designed for ventilation.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/hvac/fans/blower/confined-space-ventilator
I was able to run the flex duct up through the ceiling to avoid making an obstacle course Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: