Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unofficial Shill thread AKA Shill Force List  (Read 463 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FiendCoin (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:17:35 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2017, 06:30:58 AM by FiendCoin

Shilling on Bitcointalk has moved to epic levels and I’m tired of it. Battling these shill/trolls is like a part-time job with no pay and little reward. Any newbie coming here for information will have problems discerning what’s true due to these shysters. Instead of outright censorship, as a public service, I offer the Bitcoin Shill Force List!

Anti-Core, anti-Blockstream, pro-Bitcoin Unlimited/alternate client (classic, XT, EC, EXT Blocks, etc.), or Alt coin shills:

franky1 (alex.BTC?, big blocker, anti-core, anti-blockstream, says he supports decentralization but is pro-BU)
jonald_fyookball (also shills on Reddit, big blocker, anti-core, anti-blockstream)
*iamnotback (thinks he’s a programmer, haughty, Alt coin shill, 24/7 posting?)
kiklo (angry, rude, Incredibly Good Looking (unproven), Fun To be Around (debatable), Best Tipper in Asian Brothels (this I can believe)
cryptoanarchist

Please feel free to add to the list and include any relevant information about their shilling habits and alternate accounts. Let’s keep this updated so everyone knows who has legitimate opinions and who do not (AKA paid). Let’s combat these shysters together!

If your name is on the list and you do not agree with it, make a post explaining why and provide verifiable facts to back up your case.

Rules for shills:

Rule 1: If your name is on the list, do NOT post here unless it is to prove you’re not a paid shill.
Rule 2: If your name is on the list, do NOT argue with people here, state facts to prove your case.
Rule 3: If your name is on the list, you do NOT get to swear or call people names, state facts to prove your case.
Rule 4: There may be more rules added as needed.

*Under review, needs further research.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:21:19 PM

franky1 provides posts that seem to be long and considered. Whatever his opinion is in each of his posts he seems to provide arguments to backup what he believes in, so I don't think he's a shill. I think this falls on the case I explained in your other thread: people who strongly believe in something might be confused with shills and end up in these lists as a mistake.

Regarding the rest of the users I either didn't read enough posts from them to form an opinion or only have a personal opinion regarding them (because I either identify myself or not with their post content) so I'm not the best person to "judge" them.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 12:28:05 PM

Iamnotback isn't a shill.  The only reason I say this is because his opinion on anything changes about a hundred times a week so if he was actually getting paid, he would have to be paid by about a thousand services per day.

He's just 24/7 posting detailed technical reasons for each side of anything, and often I actually find them pretty interesting, albeit sometimes excessive or arrogant.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:38:11 PM

Iamnotback isn't a shill.  The only reason I say this is because his opinion on anything changes about a hundred times a week so if he was actually getting paid, he would have to be paid by about a thousand services per day.

He's just 24/7 posting detailed technical reasons for each side of anything, and often I actually find them pretty interesting, albeit sometimes excessive or arrogant.

I agree with you that Iamnotback isnt a shill. I observe his post as rather not fixed and I believe he is just posting for the sake of completing the maximum number of post for his signature campaign. Though Iamnotback is a good writer and his opinions are great but his flaws is just he keeps on changing sides and his ideas have different versions.
FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:22:12 PM

Iamnotback isn't a shill.  The only reason I say this is because his opinion on anything changes about a hundred times a week so if he was actually getting paid, he would have to be paid by about a thousand services per day.

I agree with you that Iamnotback isnt a shill. I observe his post as rather not fixed and I believe he is just posting for the sake of completing the maximum number of post for his signature campaign. Though Iamnotback is a good writer and his opinions are great but his flaws is just he keeps on changing sides and his ideas have different versions.

I'll put an asterisk next to his name and see what anyone else has to say. Someone should look through his post history to verify he is just posting to fill a quota for signature campaign and he doesn't have some hidden agenda like promoting alt coins through damaging Bitcoin like someone has suggested to me.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 03:27:48 PM

Iamnotback isn't a shill.  The only reason I say this is because his opinion on anything changes about a hundred times a week so if he was actually getting paid, he would have to be paid by about a thousand services per day.

I'll put an asterisk next to his name and see what anyone else has to say. Someone should look through his post history to verify he is just posting to fill a quota for signature campaign and he doesn't have some hidden agenda like promoting alt coins through damaging Bitcoin like someone has suggested to me.
Xester's wrong, he's not in a signature campaign.  People do have reasons for posting which don't involve getting money, surprisingly enough - I'd say he's just enthusiastic, although he does seem to change opinion all the time.

Actually when I last saw his posts he was suggesting that Bitcoin would end up with an extremely high price and that $500,000 was reasonable, but that it would be achieved with very high fees as a settlement layer.

FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:08:04 PM

Xester's wrong, he's not in a signature campaign.  People do have reasons for posting which don't involve getting money, surprisingly enough - I'd say he's just enthusiastic, although he does seem to change opinion all the time.

Actually when I last saw his posts he was suggesting that Bitcoin would end up with an extremely high price and that $500,000 was reasonable, but that it would be achieved with very high fees as a settlement layer.

So he just flip-flops to troll or what? Why would someone change sides continuously? What's this guy's agenda?

High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

A shill is far worse than a troller.  Trolls can be quite entertaining at times

Believe in the Shield!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: