Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:17:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Bitcoin is a store of value, or a payment system?
Store of value
Payment system
Neither
Both
It depends

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin digital gold or digital cash?  (Read 11980 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:24:42 PM

No btc is not gold.It is digital cash.I think btc is better than gold.
It's different for each and every person. If you see and use Bitcoin as a form of digital cash, then it's exactly that. If you see and use Bitcoin as digital gold, then it's exactly that.

I fit in the latter category. Bitcoin for me is digital gold, or gold 2.0 as some people like to name it. Bitcoin's advantage is that you enjoy a far higher level of usability compared to gold.

It's easy to move from one place to another anywhere in the world, it's extremely divisible, there is no bulk, fixed supply, and the list goes on. I see only advantages.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:40:39 AM

I'm really proud to be a part of this discussion, I think bitcoin can be both, it depends on which name would you use for it, for me, it is digital gold. yesterday I came to know that the rate of bitcoin is greater than gold, I would love to call it as a digital gold.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:49:20 AM

I'm really proud to be a part of this discussion, I think bitcoin can be both, it depends on which name would you use for it, for me, it is digital gold. yesterday I came to know that the rate of bitcoin is greater than gold, I would love to call it as a digital gold.
You don't need to choose from those two because bitcoin has it all. Bitcoin is digital gold because of its expensive growing price and that is faster than gold growth price and also digital cash because you can use it to pay things online or even bills and bitcoin is also getting accepted in offline stores so it is all around.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:12:13 AM

I agree with you that bitcoin is both a digital gold and a digital cash. It is a digital gold since it is considered to be a commodity and can be traded and purchased. It is a digital cash since it has the power to purchase things and can be accepted as a form of payment in exchange for goods and services. But in the end it will depend on the user since there is no official and definite description of bitcoin.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:34:04 PM

Bitcoin is a digital cash because it's simply inevitable.It's what i've been depending on to sustain all my basic needs in this world.Bitcoin is a digital cash because it gave me chances to live in luxury.All my hardships we're paid off by bitcoin.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:29:08 PM

Bitcoin is a digital cash because it's simply inevitable.It's what i've been depending on to sustain all my basic needs in this world.Bitcoin is a digital cash because it gave me chances to live in luxury.All my hardships we're paid off by bitcoin.

Oil and gold can give you a chance to live in luxury, does that mean that oil and gold are digital cash too? Bitcoin is an asset that can help you earn some cash or whatever you want.

"Asset, something valuable that an entity owns, benefits from, or has use of, in generating income.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
katepagava

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:28:07 AM

well,We can say it can be both thing when it comes to bitcoins.Bitcoins has the price high like gold but not totally leveled with gold itself.It had characteristic of cadh which can be use in different payment method so for me i consider it as gold online and casg online Wink Wink Wink
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:35:06 AM

Bitcoin is an investment while the price is rising, but when the price stabilizes it will simply remain the currency for the Internet.

stargroup19

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:36:36 AM

Hello There ! Bitcoin is a Digital Currency it is not a Gold. It's value like that more then gold. any one told me that it is a digital cash . It's true u can call bitcoin digital cash
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:39:37 AM

Bitcoin is considered as digital gold by some because of its characteristics and I'm sure that bitcoin is not digital cash as we know it. Digital cash will be something that's like our bank balance, the balance on Paypal, Skrill, PerfectMoney, etc. Bitcoin can be mined, just like gold. And just like gold, bitcoin is used for its uses (if that makes sense). People give value to bitcoins because of the things that we can do with it.

Just like gold, bitcoin still has a small value right now and it will increase as more people find it valuable. But bitcoin can also act as a digital cash. Bitcoin acts like digital cash whenever we use bitcoin to pay directly for the commodities that we avail.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:40:42 AM

Hello There ! Bitcoin is a Digital Currency it is not a Gold. It's value like that more then gold. any one told me that it is a digital cash . It's true u can call bitcoin digital cash

Pretty much I think the same, when I can use bitcoins to pay for different things, to gamble with it, to exchange it for another currencies on many places, then bitcoin looks more like digital currency then digital gold. I also think that some people see bitcoin as a gold, they keep it safe and they don`t have plans to use it at all, they are just waiting for price to go very high and until then they are just buying and holding, that pretty much reminds on gold.
Definitely bitcoin is something new for this world, and there is no category for bitcoin, you can see it as you like and use it like you wish, one way or another, and both are right.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:44:57 AM

For some it is digital gold, while some people consider it as a a digital cash. Some people use it as a form of storage and investment due to its price instability. Once the price gets extremely stable (which i doubt), many people will just consider it as a form of digital cash and a way to store their assets.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:56:40 PM

For some it is digital gold, while some people consider it as a a digital cash. Some people use it as a form of storage and investment due to its price instability. Once the price gets extremely stable (which i doubt), many people will just consider it as a form of digital cash and a way to store their assets.
I don't really like to label Bitcoin as Digital Gold because that term reminds me of the old BitGold system that was floating around the Internet.

Bitcoin is likely to get labeled as a Digital Currency rather than Digital Gold because it is something that has a value on it and it doesn't have to be a physical item.

ICObox

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:36:27 PM

I think that bitcoin is more suited to the concept of digital gold!
With the development of crypto-currency, governments of different countries will begin issuing their own crypto-currencies. It is natural! Any government will pursue its own interests and will be interested in having control over the currency! But the only thing will remain the same! All these currencies can be converted into bitcoin! As now, in any country you can buy gold for the national currency!  Wink
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:42:26 PM

With the development of crypto-currency, governments of different countries will begin issuing their own crypto-currencies. It is natural! Any government will pursue its own interests and will be interested in having control over the currency! But the only thing will remain the same! All these currencies can be converted into bitcoin! As now, in any country you can buy gold for the national currency!  Wink

Yes it is indeed a digital gold having some investment on it.  Its price could go up just like gold and you can actually guarantee that it is already part of the market.  It can also be a digital cash because for many user of bitcoin, they are doing it insake of having some money to expense for daily life.
youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 03:56:15 PM

Yes it is indeed a digital gold having some investment on it.  Its price could go up just like gold and you can actually guarantee that it is already part of the market.  It can also be a digital cash because for many user of bitcoin, they are doing it insake of having some money to expense for daily life.

I do not agree if bitcoin is always associated with perfection of digital gold, because bitcoin can stand alone as a digital currency, gold is only a commodity asset, and that's it. Bitcoin is able to create its own market and exchange assets directly with fiat. Gold has nothing to do with it.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:58:02 PM

It's not gold, but it will be more goldy than gold.  Grin
I think if you have bitcoins its goldy than gold than cash will become trash

Wow! Nice counter attack!
No doubt bitcoin is more charming investment than gold but its recognition as digital cash is fading day by day. Now it is more a store of value than real moving medium of payment which can be transact between parties without any worry of time and fees. But now situation is worse and without hard fork its difficult to imagine than BTC could revive again as cash.
Prodigan786

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:38:37 PM

Bitcoin is a payment system the original purpose also same if people who is taking as store of value they will suffer for sure for breaking the original cause.
FasTroy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:39:30 PM

You are right, people can consider it like a digital gold or digital cash, each one have his point of view about that.
Personally, I would save it in my wallet than use it to buy stuffs or anything else. For me it's better than gold, It's a real investement. Always, I save around 80% of my weekly income in btc.

whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:06:36 PM

Bitcoin is more like digital cash who has a value of gold. Cheesy
So its both of them in my opinion.
in fact it a digital cash that we have to use for online shopping and online business etc. but currently as people are using it as investment and for trading purposes therefore if we call it as digital gold it may not be wrong. in fact most of the people still cannot use bitcoin as currency and therefore they are changing it into fiat if they need it and want to use it, bu still to me as we are already using bitcoin for online purposes and hope that very soon we will become able to use in local shops also, as they still need to convince about the acceptance of bitcoin.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: