Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DNA-coin for the future  (Read 2713 times)
gollum (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:31:31 AM

I propose a DNA-coin for the future generations that is more fair than the current model which rewards early miners and early adopters.

Each human gets 1000 coins from his/her blood (DNA) on birth, this will be the most equal monetary system ever created.

Verification mechanisms needs to be invented to prevent fake DNAs to issue coins.

This solution will ensure a very low inflation since the money supply only increases with the birth of each human.
The ratio of Money Supply per Capita will increase at the same rate as the population growth rate. Higher inflation is only possible if the world population decreases.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:41:17 AM

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
This will impel people to make love and bring more new lives.

But anyway, I have to say this is really the great idea 'cause the real value is the people.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:42:45 AM

I hereby declare this a threat to planet Earth. We're already reaching carrying capacity, we don't need people fucking for coins!
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:44:43 AM

I hereby declare this a threat to planet Earth. We're already reaching carrying capacity, we don't need people fucking for coins!

[WTB] 1k FKC  Grin

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:44:53 AM

In this futuristic society each woman is sterilized after giving birth to two childs so there is no risk for overpopulation.
masize

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Rockefeller Oil in his time, Today is BTC time

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:47:11 AM

Love? Human Farms to keep their coins.

Always BUYING BTC at Last mtGox.
Neteller, Webmoney, Paypal, MoneyBookers
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=masize&sign=ANY&type=RECV
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:48:54 AM

In this futuristic society each woman is sterilized after giving birth to two childs so there is no risk for overpopulation.

This is too cruel & not humanity because people like to have the feeling of hope for new births. Killing people's hope can only bring a more cruel world.

BTW: anyone think this will lead to a new slavery world -> selling new babies for coins.
Yurizhai

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:54:43 AM

Interesting. This opens up a black market for cloning and desterilization tools.  Which could be bought using DNA-coin. This coin feeds itself..
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:57:29 AM

Interesting. This opens up a black market for cloning and desterilization tools.  Which could be bought using DNA-coin. This coin feeds itself..

Yes with the result of overpopulation, starvation and eventually colonization of other planets (Mars?)
Yurizhai

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:03:48 AM

Make it scrypt based. It will lead to Dark things..

Darkcoin
Storan

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:49:02 AM

Cinema idea "In time"  Cheesy
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:54:07 AM

Cinema idea "In time"  Cheesy
In time is probably based on bitcoin Wink The movie was made in 2011 - 2 years after Bitcoin went public. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:20:53 AM

Adopt this coin and you will be sterilized soon.
First adopters will be sterilized first because they received already their coins.
This is the total control coin over the human specie.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:27:07 AM

Will identical twins have to share their coins?  Cheesy

gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:30:44 AM

Will identical twins have to share their coins?  Cheesy

Twins may have identical DNA but their fingerprint are different.
So the coin mining can be based on DNA + Fingerprint
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:14:41 PM

I read about biological DNA-computers, they are still in very early stages of development.
DNA-computing processors in the future will have: small size, fast processing, low energy consumption, huge data storage in a small volume.
This can turn each human into a bitcoin-client storing blockchain for centuries and communicating with other peers - each human will work as a peer in a huge biological p2p mesh network.

This might sound like science fiction but the technology for this will be ready in a few decades. Maybe even faster if Kurzweil is right about "Singalarity".
I don't know if such technologies will liberate or enslave humanity in the end, I'm only describing my visions of future possibilities.
Bytas

Activity: 323

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:39:53 PM

Inflation would be quite massive actually.
According to the crude birth rates predicted by the UN (Medium variant, 2008 Rev. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_rate)
For each 1000 People on earth, 19.15 new people are born EACH YEAR. That is an inflation percentage of 1,9percent per year. That's massive.

And if you plan on making the coins from deceased people worthless after their death, No one would want to use the system because if someone on the other side of the globe dies and you happen to hold one of their coins you will lose money instantly. XD

gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:52:16 PM

Inflation would be quite massive actually.
According to the crude birth rates predicted by the UN (Medium variant, 2008 Rev. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_rate)
For each 1000 People on earth, 19.15 new people are born EACH YEAR. That is an inflation percentage of 1,9percent per year. That's massive.

And if you plan on making the coins from deceased people worthless after their death, No one would want to use the system because if someone on the other side of the globe dies and you happen to hold one of their coins you will lose money instantly. XD

You are looking at the wrong measure mate. Don't look at inflation, but at MoneySupply/Capita

Example:
Assume we have gold as the monetary system in the world
1) Gold supply is increasing with almost 2% every year
2) Human population is increasing with almost 2% every year
-> GoldSupply/Capita is almost constant and therefore no real inflation have existed in gold over time
-> If a disaster would wipe out half of human population the GoldSupply/Capita would double, and you would have 100% inflation over night

Exactly the same can be applied to the proposed DNA-coin, but it is even more exact than gold-supply increase since the correlation is 100% with human birth rate. We could even design it so the DNA-computer "mines" 10 new coins every year a human is alive, so a human living 80 years will produce 800 coins, 100 years 1000 coins and 120 years 1200 coins.
So as long as the population level is stable or increasing the MoneySupply/Capita will be constant (approaching 1000 coins per person at their death).
And yes, old coins cannot be deleted. So we will have some inflation in periods of negative birthrate.
CRkfx1

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

I propose a DNA-coin for the future generations that is more fair than the current model which rewards early miners and early adopters.

Each human gets 1000 coins from his/her blood (DNA) on birth, this will be the most equal monetary system ever created.

Verification mechanisms needs to be invented to prevent fake DNAs to issue coins.

This solution will ensure a very low inflation since the money supply only increases with the birth of each human.
The ratio of Money Supply per Capita will increase at the same rate as the population growth rate. Higher inflation is only possible if the world population decreases.

I had this idea too (sort of) in the thread "Human Mined Alt Coin" that I started last week (which thankfully has finally died, hence no link).  Using captcha system to verify humanity/existence.

My thinking was that open-source hardware component to verify identities would be impossible to make hack-proof, but if it can be done, I'd be all over it.  I just can't see a DNA/fingerprint/iris scan device be both cost effective and plausible.  But I ain't too smart.   Undecided
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 02:41:26 PM

This remainds me to CoinMunism.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: