Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You know what I find the most disturbing about the bitcoin community?  (Read 1820 times)
lm2f (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:26:22 AM

Bitcoin was created in 2009, the year where president Obama was first inaugurated. The recent rally also coincided with Obama's re-election. None of this is exactly surprising when you take a look at the demographics of the bitcoin userbase. The presence black president no doubt represents the deepest fears of the paranoid, fearful, and delusional libertarians/survivalists/conspiracy theorists/other assorted weirdos and kooks who make up the vast majority of the bitcoin community. Hence the creation of bitcoins and it's sudden rise in demand when Obama was elected and re-elected.  

So on top of bitcoins having nearly no practical uses outside of buying drugs, money laundering, and other highly illegal activities unsuited for proper currencies, the bitcoin userbase is also made up of bigots, racists, fearful gun nuts, paranoid survivalists, economically illiterate nitwits, delusional libertarians, and profiteering scumbags.

Not really helping to prop up bitcoin's facade of legitimacy, is it?  Roll Eyes
chungy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:27:50 AM

You're seeing a correlation that doesn't exist.
Chet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:34:41 AM

Where to begin?
Guess I really shouldn't feed the trolls but I do find the string of ad hominem annoying.
At least make an argument if you have something to say.
lm2f (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:37:15 AM

Where to begin?
Guess I really shouldn't feed the trolls but I do find the string of ad hominem annoying.

ad hominem is not always a fallacy. I've made it clear that this thread is about the people that make up the bitcoin community itself.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

You neglected to mention "retards" in your list, which should be an obvious addition since you're now a part of the community.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:41:48 AM

How did this guy get past the Newbie section?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
lm2f (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:43:51 AM

I've been around this forum longer than you, smartass.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:45:10 AM

I've been around this forum longer than you, smartass.
A whopping 4 days, good for you.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:45:22 AM

Hmm, you use collectivism in your argument about collectivism.

Fail.

The Free State Project was started shortly after George Bush was elected.

The correlation is that during an election season some people who love liberty hold out the hope that the voting public will finally wake up. When they go forward and prove their hatred of freedom in the voting booth, those who seek liberty find other ways outside of the political realm.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:48:19 AM

God-Grilla was created in 2009, the year where president Obama was first inaugurated. The recent increase in media attention also coincided with Obama's re-election. None of this is exactly surprising when you take a look at the demographics of the God-Grilla purchasers. The presence black president no doubt represents the deepest fears of the paranoid, fearful, and delusional libertarians/survivalists/conspiracy theorists/other assorted weirdos and kooks who make up the vast majority of the bitcoin community. Hence the creation of bitcoins and it's sudden rise in demand when Obama was elected and re-elected. 

So on top of God-Grilla BBQ units having nearly no practical uses outside of grilling live horses, people, and other highly illegal activities unsuited for proper grills, the God-Grilla userbase is also made up of bigots, racists, fearful gun nuts, paranoid survivalists, economically illiterate nitwits, delusional libertarians, and profiteering scumbags.

Not really helping to prop up God-Grilla's facade of legitimacy, is it?   Roll Eyes
lm2f (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:48:42 AM

The correlation is that during an election season libertarians hold out the hope that the voting public will finally wake up. When they go forward and prove their hatred of freedom in the voting booth, libertarians find other ways to seek freedom outside of the political realm.

"wah wah wah why won't anyone agree with me? they must all hate freedom! wah wah wah"

Get a life, go outside, kiss a girl, and you'll realize being a delusional libertarian is pathetic mkay?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:49:54 AM

The correlation is that during an election season libertarians hold out the hope that the voting public will finally wake up. When they go forward and prove their hatred of freedom in the voting booth, libertarians find other ways to seek freedom outside of the political realm.

"wah wah wah why won't anyone agree with me? they must all hate freedom! wah wah wah"

Get a life, go outside, kiss a girl, and you'll realize being a delusional libertarian is pathetic mkay?

How many collectives do you group people into? It must be like a Disney movie in your head with the characters you paint of the differing groups.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:50:05 AM

Bitcoin was created in 2009, the year where president Obama was first inaugurated. The recent rally also coincided with Obama's re-election. None of this is exactly surprising when you take a look at the demographics of the bitcoin userbase. The presence black president no doubt represents the deepest fears of the paranoid, fearful, and delusional libertarians/survivalists/conspiracy theorists/other assorted weirdos and kooks who make up the vast majority of the bitcoin community. Hence the creation of bitcoins and it's sudden rise in demand when Obama was elected and re-elected.  

So on top of bitcoins having nearly no practical uses outside of buying drugs, money laundering, and other highly illegal activities unsuited for proper currencies, the bitcoin userbase is also made up of bigots, racists, fearful gun nuts, paranoid survivalists, economically illiterate nitwits, delusional libertarians, and profiteering scumbags.

2009 has nothing to do with it.  Youre probably 18

Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:51:57 AM

Oh my, I feel such a fool!  It's like a shroud has been lifted from my eyes and I see sense for the first time in years!  You have changed my mind with the sheer force of your formidable logic and intellect.

You are my saviour lm2f!  I don't know how to thank you!

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
Chet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:55:07 AM

Oh my, I feel such a fool!  It's like a shroud has been lifted from my eyes and I see sense for the first time in years!  You have changed my mind with the sheer force of your formidable logic and intellect.

I am in awe, my eyes are opened at last.

Kiss
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:01:23 AM

I am in awe, my eyes are opened at last.

Kiss

+1 OMG, you are right. I have been radicalized too by libertarian extremists!

I came around researching Bitcoin as a small payment system, but now I'm anti government, pro international drug money, preparing to live in a bunker when the corrupt financial system in the world, lead by the US melts down throwing the world in an ancap martial arts world anarchy whe only the fittest survive. Oh wait we won't have internet then?
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 05:06:59 AM

Where to begin?

ad hominem is not always a fallacy. I've made it clear that this thread is about the people that make up the bitcoin community itself.

Um...actually, it is, troll.  When you can't argue the facts, you attack your opponents. It doesn't do anything useful to advance your argument. It's about as useful as masturbation.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:17:11 AM

So you mean to say this forum is made up of a representative cross section of society. Yeah, I agree with you.

Thank you for relaying this bit of insight; so few people actually post here to be truly helpful. Without your brief synopsis we would all have just wandered around in a dark oblivion of uncertainty. God bless you.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:20:48 AM

So on top of bitcoins having nearly no practical uses outside of

I stopped reading right there. Until several issues (including volatility) are rectified, Bitcoin has *no* practical uses as a currency period. It's still a commodity being forced into the role of a currency. It is highly impractical to spend gold to buy things. In addition, the rest of what you said was too retarded to quote.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 05:31:13 AM

It is highly impractical to spend gold to buy things.
Well, I guess that explains why it was used as the world's currency for thousands of years. Thank GOD, fiat came along and fixed that horrible situation.
Matt, I like you, but try not to speak out of your ass.

OP, I'm going to quote the genesis block. "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" That's what started it. Obama had nothing to do with it. Well, nothing that a white president wouldn't have, at any rate.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: