Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:11:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom fan curves for different cards possible?  (Read 465 times)
GPUM1ner (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 01:29:42 AM

I am having issues on one of my rigs where the reference 480's (Single fan) are not playing nicely by sharing fan curves with the multi-fan cards. The reference cards are constantly bouncing around with my existing fan curve.
The problem is that 60% on a single fan does not equal the same amount of cooling on 2 fans GPU's.

Since Afterburner can only control fan curves for the whole setup, is there any way to set the reference cards to difference fan curves from the rest of the GPU's?

I am on Claymore with Windows 7 on this rig and Claymore can't control the fan speed for the cards for some reason. I tried running in admin mode and uninstalling Afterburner.

This rig is outside so temperatures fluctuate depending on cooler nights and warmer days.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:46:07 AM

Exact fan speed (as in rpm) doesn't matter, temprerature does.

Otherwise, fan speed and temperature curves are based on a percentile fan speed basis which should work for all cards regardless of fan cound or model.

Another thing to note is that reference cards are AWFUL for mining. Their single blower fan is less than subpar for cooling.

Not your keys, not your coins!
GPUM1ner (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 02:18:23 AM

You are absolutely right. I just had these from when the 480's first came out. Gotta put them to good use  Tongue
The ASIC quality on GPU-Z is 84.4% and 73.2% which is much better than some of my other cards.

So I made my fan curve more horizontal to make it less aggressive at the higher temps. This will have to do for now. My Windows 10 rigs have no issues but I always heard that if power goes out and the PC auto restarts, there could be a menu that it gets stuck at. Windows 7 has a timed one and always recovers back to normal startup.
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:56:43 AM

That like you have i think is ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: