Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good coins I am missing out  (Read 4627 times)
randomdude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

I am a patient player Cheesy So, not worried about quick profit. Fine with long term vision Cheesy

PIVX
Burst
NXT
ARDR
DCR
Golem
AMP
EXP
ETC
GAME

If you're going for long term vision, I'd add BTC to your list. If cryptocurrencies reach mainstream (which they will), Bitcoin is going to have the widest adoption rate by a large margin. But maybe you already own BTC and you were asking about altcoins. So regarding your list:

• Beware of the transition of NXT to Ardor. I believe it will happen in June and it's likely that NXT will keep a slow ascendent trend until the transition, then it will suffer a steep decline.
  • I'd consider adding ETH next to my ETC, as it might have better chances to grow as an ecosystem on the medium to long term.
  • I'd consider adding MaidSafe next to my Burst, as they have a better chance to deliver on a similar promise (older project, somewhat proven track record).
  • GNT looks like an interesting idea, the main question is whether the teams is experienced enough to execute it properly.
  • I'd exercise caution with regards to EXP, as their team seems biased towards marketing at the expense of active development.
  • DCR looks like a strong contender in the mid-run, as it has already figured out one of Bitcoin's biggest hurdles today: a system of decentralized governance. It might grow on the short term as well as v1.0 release will happen on Apr 25th.
  • PIVX: i don't understand the hype.
  • GAME: might fly for a while because of the huge entertainment market, but then again - why wouldn't the game developers use Bitcoin instead?

You might also consider NEM because of their good track record, their mixture of public and private chains and increasing adoption (on prototypes & proofs of concept) by a few governmental institutions in Asia and Europe.
remedcu (OP)

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

This is my updated portfolio:

Invested a bit more, and with the profit buying up more coins which have some potential in the long term or to sell for a small profit Wink

BTC is rising greatly as well!
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:32:42 PM

I'm fond of ICONOMI (ICN), though I do wish their communication were better.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:35:57 PM

If you are interested you can check out CloakCoin, anonymous private decentralized cryptocurrency. Final product ENIGMA (Backbone of CloakCoin) is piece of art, and working flawlessly. Wallet is very simple to use, to shorten this story it is best to try it. Come to main thread and ask everything you want to know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823143.msg9197273#msg9197273

You can rent this space
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:09:36 PM

PACCOIN  Cool
TITCOIN   Shocked
LEOCOIN  Angry

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:54:57 AM

you should never hold altcoins for long term if you like your money.

Then what do you do in this thread?

Hold for a limited amount of time, bitcoin is the only coin worth holding long term all the other coins should only be hold long enough to get your profits and then you need to get out of them and into other coins, simple as that.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:35:01 AM

Any good coins I am missing out
yeah obviously bitcoin! Shocked

I just started trading cryptocurrency, and the following are my coins:

Dash and Ethereum and Ripple, and Zcash are not so good at this point to keep your money in them. they are in a bubble and there is a good chance of bubble popping and price going down big time.
even if they rise the rise won't be as big to give any decent profit with altcoin pump standards at this point.

LOL "altcoin pump standards" it's not that they are standardised in any form. What works, works out. What not, doesn't.
Ripple is somewhat centralized, capable of blocking funds or creating moar, even far moar coin supply out of thin air. Do. Not. Touch.
The others are valid more or not, I would pick out Ethereum as performing exceptionally well and offering the technology frontier. The privacy centric coins are somehow out of the past. There will always be mixing services available that do exchange dirty coins for clean ones, so privacy as a unique selling point does not hit any point, at all. It's unneeded on protocoll level.
christie

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:35:21 PM

I am a patient player Cheesy So, not worried about quick profit. Fine with long term vision Cheesy

PIVX
Burst
NXT
ARDR
DCR
Golem
AMP
EXP
ETC
GAME

If you're going for long term vision, I'd add BTC to your list. If cryptocurrencies reach mainstream (which they will), Bitcoin is going to have the widest adoption rate by a large margin. But maybe you already own BTC and you were asking about altcoins. So regarding your list:

• Beware of the transition of NXT to Ardor. I believe it will happen in June and it's likely that NXT will keep a slow ascendent trend until the transition, then it will suffer a steep decline.
  • I'd consider adding ETH next to my ETC, as it might have better chances to grow as an ecosystem on the medium to long term.
  • I'd consider adding MaidSafe next to my Burst, as they have a better chance to deliver on a similar promise (older project, somewhat proven track record).
  • GNT looks like an interesting idea, the main question is whether the teams is experienced enough to execute it properly.
  • I'd exercise caution with regards to EXP, as their team seems biased towards marketing at the expense of active development.
  • DCR looks like a strong contender in the mid-run, as it has already figured out one of Bitcoin's biggest hurdles today: a system of decentralized governance. It might grow on the short term as well as v1.0 release will happen on Apr 25th.
  • PIVX: i don't understand the hype.
  • GAME: might fly for a while because of the huge entertainment market, but then again - why wouldn't the game developers use Bitcoin instead?

You might also consider NEM because of their good track record, their mixture of public and private chains and increasing adoption (on prototypes & proofs of concept) by a few governmental institutions in Asia and Europe.

good advice, learned a lot, thanks!

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:39:18 PM

the only coins i'd consider to be 100% 'good' are namecoin, litecoin and maybe peercoin. you probably won't make much money off them so in most eyes here that makes them 'not good'.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:40:37 PM

btc
ETH
LTC
STRAT
ETC
XRP
NLG
SJCX
Burst
steem
DGB
SaaT
ARK
RLC

My holdings. I moved 50% off my btc into alt coins just before the big volume pump. Best decision ever I could say. All the coins are pretty much going up. Only NLG, DGB have not gone up that much.

Oktober 2016 I bought stratis and XRP. Both made nice profits.

Still I strongly suggest to watch out. Now everything goes up but will it still by in a month or 2? Its going crazy atm.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:46:23 PM

btc
ETH
LTC
STRAT
ETC
XRP
NLG
SJCX
Burst
steem
DGB
SaaT
ARK
RLC

My holdings. I moved 50% off my btc into alt coins just before the big volume pump. Best decision ever I could say. All the coins are pretty much going up. Only NLG, DGB have not gone up that much.

Oktober 2016 I bought stratis and XRP. Bought made nice profits.

Still I strongly suggest to watch out. Now everything goes up but will it still by in a month or 2? Its going crazy atm.
yeah right those coins are moving up and almost everything is green, its really a big profits if you able to buy those coins when price
drop down, i also wanted to add xem and sc they also have good potentials for sure its also a coin to watch out.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

The ones i'm holding:
Guldencoin
Iconomi
PIVX

The ones I regret selling:
XRP
NAV
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:28:00 PM

IOTA is all you need to hold. 5-10x once it gets on exchanges.
DenDanny

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:39:58 PM

NAV Coin, why?
- Solid development team, who are known by their real names. This indicates trustworthiness.
- Innovative features that are coming this year
- It still has a small marketcap, so there is a lot of room to grow.
- Segwit voting will start on May 1st, so it will most likely result in a big rise
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:00:10 PM

it looks good to me.
but you should keep one thing in mind, these days the altcoins are getting pumped. if you stick around for long enough you will see them get dumped too and that is the part which you should be looking out for. and then there will come a time when all these coins are just going down and stay there for a long time so make sure you are not bagholding anything more than you are willing to.

in your list for example I see XRP, and as you can see that coin is already declining coming down from the high price of 7075 satoshi down to 2500 and eventually back to 3 digits.

Most coins decline after shooting up like that. Bitcoin invented that move, lol. I wouldn't worry much about that. A nice video on XRP technicals and it's current move (done a week ago). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-zf-Q2ujZM

Anyway, I was averse to XRP when it came out. A coin the banks use - I wanted no part of it. But it is going to serve a valuable function for the banks (barring across the board bank failures), and one can hope that some of crypto's potentially anti-corruptive properties go along with it.  Wink

Banks are getting behind it, it has A LOT of practical use for them. It is not a typical crypto and I wouldn't overlook it, in large part because of its practical use for banks which
really can use it to speed transfers up substantially. They are still using ancient tech and old methods, really, XRP (or something like it) is huge for them. (And eventually they move onto the real stuff, but this is there baby step  Wink.)

Bookmark this, XRP will be one of the alts to EXPLODE. (I wouldn't be shocked to see a buck some day, but a quarter or 50 cents in the next year or two is almost expected). The space is still such a baby, where it is going will boggle the mind. We are in a Black Swan moment.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:23:04 PM

Slowly and steadily, my portfolio now is extended to 20+ coins, but many of them are for quick profits, the rest few are for long term holding. BTC had a rise and other alts have been down, so I got hit, but still overall in profit. Hope to book more profit as we go forward Cheesy
ccs5t

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:54:00 PM

Wings is all you need to look at. Coin just launched after a fair ICO several months back.  Great Developers and idea. Currently under a $10 million market cap. Will very quickly get closer to $100 million from here.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:13:20 PM

coins i believe have great potential at the moment

Bitsend, Ethereum and obviously Quantum which you can see from sig am currently wearing and i believe Taas should also be one we should be on the look out for  Smiley
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:02:10 PM

Check out byteball, there's distribution every month. Just link bitcoin address
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:39:16 PM

Right now it's a blood bath in the crypto trading world.

From 27% overall profit, I came down to 13.33 and now at 10% overall profit.

At the same time, I am slowly buying up good coins, which have a good market cap hoping for the best.

BTC as well is rising, and the above profit is only from the alt coins Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: