Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raithereum  (Read 1124 times)
Raithereum (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:12:08 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 09:07:52 AM by mprep

Recently, a team of crypto-enthusiasts traveled to Yap and met with the secretary of its Lieutenant Governor, James Yangetmai. The purpose of the meeting was to introduce a hybrid currency - Raithereum - consisted of combining the market cap of rai stones with Ethereum to be utilized in commerce chiefly by tourists in all B&M establishments scattered throughout the islands.

Brief info on rai stones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones

Rai, or stone money (Yapese: raay), are large, circular stone disks carved out of limestone formed from aragonite and calcite crystals. Rai stones were quarried on several of the Micronesian islands, mainly Palau,[4] but briefly on Guam as well, and transported for use as money to the island of Yap. They have been used in trade by the Yapese as a form of currency. The monetary system of Yap relies on an oral history of ownership. Because these stones are too large to move, buying an item with one simply involves agreeing that the ownership has changed. As long as the transaction is recorded in the oral history, it will now be owned by the person it is passed on to and no physical movement of the stone is required.

The meeting proved fruitful, with the Yap officials desiring to learn more and, moveover, see the proof of concept as a working currency prior to fully implementing the coinage in Yap.

This endeavor will be the first time in history where an oral history of a money supply will forever be embedded on a blockchain, further demonstrating the power of Ethereum.

The tentative ticker symbol will be RAI (no affiliation to RaiBlocks).

Thoughts?

Rheumé

We're curious as to how many of those in this community would support our ICO in raising $30M. RAI would be heavily discounted during the ICO, thus allowing early investors to quickly earn an ROI.

Rheumé

The goal of Raithereum is to achieve a market cap of no less than one billion[US] dollars within two years once RAI is trading on the crypto exchanges.

What will one be able to purchase on Yap with RAI? You guessed it - http://www.micronesiaforum.org/index.php?p=/discussion/15151/yap-s-bodacious-breadfruit-pizza.

Rheumé

We had an Angel Investor contact us expressing an interest in providing some VC. Their terms were not that desirable so we passed, thanking them for the kind offer.

Rheumé
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:23:27 AM

We're curious as to how many of those in this community would support our ICO in raising $30M. RAI would be heavily discounted during the ICO, thus allowing early investors to quickly earn an ROI.

Rheumé

I can help with translate and other ... I see, your plan is -  to raise on ICO 25000 BTC ... It's really - if think about Anthares ... Your ideas very great...
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:41:27 AM

what is raitherum
where link announcment thread raitherum coin
can explain detail youre coin, how much total suply coin, how much premine coin, what is tipe coin pow/pos
what is youre plan project and where roadmap
Raithereum (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:51:51 AM

Rheumé

I can help with translate and other ... I see, your plan is -  to raise on ICO 25000 BTC ... It's really - if think about Anthares ... Your ideas very great...

We'll keep you in mind for handling any translations when we do the official launch. Thanks for your support.

what is raitherum
where link announcment thread raitherum coin
can explain detail youre coin, how much total suply coin, how much premine coin, what is tipe coin pow/pos
what is youre plan project and where roadmap

Raithereum is a hybred currency combining Yap rai stones with Ethereum.

The formal announcement thread is forthcoming where all the details you inquired about will be presented.

If anybody desires to add their input prior to the announcement, please offer your suggestions in this thread or PM us privately.

Thanks, truimpheriues, for asking questions. We promise to be fully transparent.

Rheumé
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

Somebody just brought this thread to my attention.

My take: IT'S A FUCKIN SCAM!

Results of my input: Raithereum will raise its intended U$30M in record time, the title currently held by either Qtum or BCAP depending on who you ask.

Seriously, marrying Ethereum with round rocks having value thanks to its oral history so to display to the world their combined market cap via a blockchain? What next, Navajereum, a marriage between Ethereum and the spoken Navajo language on a blockchain? Where does the madness end?

Who's behind this piece of shit coin so that I can give him The Gleb?
Raithereum (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:36:17 AM

Results of my input: Raithereum will raise its intended U$30M in record time, the title currently held by either Qtum or BCAP depending on who you ask.

Seriously, marrying Ethereum with round rocks having value thanks to its oral history so to display to the world their combined market cap via a blockchain? What next, Navajereum, a marriage between Ethereum and the spoken Navajo language on a blockchain? Where does the madness end?

Hello, Gleb. Our team was warned of you, thus prepared to address each and every post you make on this purposely non-moderated thread.

Raithereum is not a scam and we intend to fully develop this token with or without your support. We suggest that you either support us or continue with your attacks resulting - as you've duly pointed out with your Qtum and BCAP examples - in Raithereum reaching its forthcoming ICO goal of 30 million dollars.

It's people like you who pollute the crypto space that force honest folks like us to remain anonymous.

Rheumé
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:10:59 PM

Hello, Gleb. Our team was warned of you, thus prepared to address each and every post you make on this purposely non-moderated thread.

Raithereum is not a scam and we intend to fully develop this token with or without your support. We suggest that you either support us or continue with your attacks resulting - as you've duly pointed out with your Qtum and BCAP examples - in Raithereum reaching its forthcoming ICO goal of 30 million dollars.

It's people like you who pollute the crypto space that force honest folks like us to remain anonymous.

Rheumé

Boy, you really know how to hurt a guy below the belt.  Cry

So, brainiac, exactly how do you propose staying anonymous while garnering U$30M via your ICO? Is that what Team Raithereum told James Yangetmai as to how you're gonna create this token - anonymously? Is that how you were introduced to LG James Yangetmai of Yap?

James Yangetmai Secretary: Mr. Yangetmai, there's an anonymous team waiting in the lobby wanting to discuss changing the monetary supply of Yap.
James Yangetmai: Great, send them in. We've been wanting to change our oral history of money to something more robust for awhile now. Give me a sec so I can cover up my rai stones so they can't ascertain how much money I own.

I have a feeling I'm gonna love this thread. Fuck it! I already love it.  Kiss
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:15:54 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 10:30:28 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

I have a feeling I'm gonna love this thread. Fuck it! I already love it.
Ditto. One heck of a laugh and brought to mind a long unthunk of Ripley's Believe it or Not in the Sunday comics I saw as a kid so long ago... Was about the biggest coins in the world: Yep, Yap's Smiley

Now, IF said meeting with a gov official took place then there will be records of it. Perhaps not minutes of the meeting or with whom but probably the appointment/meeting time would be available on-record.

Then there is the Elephants in the room: Perhaps the stones are still used in the local Yap Islands economy. Fine.  BUT, what are the rai stones worth in any given fiat? Is there even any monetary exchanges/trading sites that deal with it?

I seriously doubt it. Sooner or later someone is going to want physical ownership eg, move it and probably sell it. How will that be covered?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:05:34 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 11:35:36 PM by Gleb Gamow

Ditto. One heck of a laugh and brought to mind a long unthunk of Ripley's Believe it or Not in the Sunday comics I saw as a kid so long ago... Was about the biggest coins in the world: Yep, Yap's Smiley

Now, IF said meeting with a gov official took place then there will be records of it. Perhaps not minutes of the meeting or with whom but probably the appointment/meeting time would be available on-record.

Then there is the Elephants in the room: Perhaps the stones are still used in the local Yap Islands economy. Fine.  BUT, what are the rai stones worth in any given fiat? Is there even any monetary exchanges/trading sites that deal with it?

I seriously doubt it. Sooner or later someone is going to want physical ownership eg, move it and probably sell it. How will that be covered?

Mes think that if a country is capable of having its wealth in stone wheels that's orally relaid, then it's very feasible that the same is true for when meetups occurs between visitors from faraway lands and high-ranking officials, ergo no physical records kept.

Team Raithereum -> LG of Yap -> his secretary -> her hair stylist -> the stylist's boyfriend -> the boyfriend's pals at the local pub -> one of the pal's is the janitor for the LG -> the LG confirms the convo -> the janitor is hit by a tourist bus, then relays his last word - Redbud.
Raithereum (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:58:16 AM

Everything will be covered including determining the market cap of all known rai stones in existence.

Rheumé
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:06:59 AM

Everything will be covered including determining the market cap of all known rai stones in existence.

Rheumé

Lookie here! I just happened to be the proud owner of several rai stones. How much are they worth? Feel free to not value any of the broken ones, bud.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:48:20 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 05:37:31 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Rheumé
Fair enough and certainly a needed start.
Truth be told, as I know you are aware the fact that there is a limited number of them *does* attract a well-healed rare-item collectors and/or rare-item-as-investment market. Query: are any new stones officially made and certified per the oral tradition from time to time?

Blockchain tech as a 2nd-chain of verification (1st chain being oral tradition) is certainly doable but considering the rai stones would seem to be of interest only to the people of Yap so what is wrong with the current (non-verbal) ways of recording other Property?

For verification of legal contracts, ownership, whatever yes not-for-speculative-profit Blockchain tech is a good solution for Official Records. Several countries around the world are in the process of changing to exactly that. No crypto-coins needed much less a new one. do Note that I used the words "speculative-profit". The backbone of the systems are ran either directly as a State or Federal government system much like today's current centralized Public records keeping is done and financed the same way with Gov workers and contracted companies running it. Again, no relationship to ANY 'coin-fiat' value.

Our red flag that keeps waving here is the 'monetary worth' of a new crypto-coin being brought up... Far far too often when that happen all sorts of unsavory folks accompany it and/or are behind it as a Ponzie.

The worth of a rai stone is currently what by-some sort of consensus the people of Yap feels it should be. Why on God's little green Earth should that value become dependent of the whims of pump-and-dump day-traders with no connection to or concept of the Yap culture?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Raithereum (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:05:14 PM

Rheumé
Fair enough and certainly a needed start.
Truth be told, as I know you are aware the fact that there is a limited number of them *does* attract a well-healed rare-item collectors and/or rare-item-as-investment market. Query: are any new stones officially made and certified per the oral tradition from time to time?

Blockchain tech as a 2nd-chain of verification (1st chain being oral tradition) is certainly doable but considering the rai stones would seem to be of interest only to the people of Yap so what is wrong with the current (non-verbal) ways of recording other Property?

For verification of legal contracts, ownership, whatever yes not-for-speculative-profit Blockchain tech is a good solution for Official Records. Several countries around the world are in the process of changing to exactly that. No crypto-coins needed much less a new one. do Note that I used the words "speculative-profit". The backbone of the systems are ran either directly as a State or Federal government system much like today's current centralized Public records keeping is done and financed the same way with Gov workers and contracted companies running it. Again, no relationship to ANY 'coin-fiat' value.

Our red flag that keeps waving here is the 'monetary worth' of a new crypto-coin being brought up... Far far too often when that happen all sorts of unsavory folks accompany it and/or are behind it as a Ponzie.

The worth of a rai stone is currently what by-some sort of consensus the people of Yap feels it should be. Why on God's little green Earth should that value become dependent of the whims of pump-and-dump day-traders with no connection to or concept of the Yap culture?

We assured LG James Yangetmai that Raithereum will embrace the Yap culture.

Why were posts deleted, then combined with the first post of this thread? Is that normal?

Rheumé
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:42:33 AM

Look another Ethereum is going up in price time to better make a shit coin or fud and try to bump another coin.

Hey, but at least this Ethereum project is back by rocks having a well-established oral history as to their worth.

"Hey, Alik, how many of these heavy bastards does Steven Dai want surrounding his cement pond?"
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:22:12 AM

$30 million is a way above expectations.For now,you merely have a concept and no one knows if the project will ever reach it's final stage or even get approved by the legal officials (in case you want to ).One more disadvantage is your project is limited to Yap.How many crypto followers they even have there ?

We had an Angel Investor contact us expressing an interest in providing some VC. Their terms were not that desirable so we passed, thanking them for the kind offer.

Rheumé
Angel investors don't mean shit.If community likes your project,you will survive otherwise you can't go far with angel investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: