Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] Help! I can't decrypt a wallet I didn't encrypt!  (Read 983 times)
malvino (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:25:30 AM

Hi!

I've tried to send some Litecoins and the client asks me for the password. The thing is that since I've installed it I tried to encrypt my wallet but I couldn't because the menu were grey. I'm sure I didn't encrypt it but it stills ask me for the password. I've tried putting my password also but it says it's incorrect. What can I do? I'm desperate…

Thanks!

Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:10:46 PM

How do we know its your wallet ?

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
malvino (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:17:17 PM

What do you need to confirm that is from my property?

I've been mining in litecoinpool.

503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:26:24 PM

Hi!

I've tried to send some Litecoins and the client asks me for the password. The thing is that since I've installed it I tried to encrypt my wallet but I couldn't because the menu were grey. I'm sure I didn't encrypt it but it stills ask me for the password. I've tried putting my password also but it says it's incorrect. What can I do? I'm desperate…

Thanks!

Very strange.  What operating system?  When the menu item is grey that means that the wallet was already encrypted.  Post your OS.  Are you 100% sure that you downloaded the litecoin wallet from the original source?  Is this the 1st time you've installed the wallet?

malvino (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:49:23 PM

I'm using Windows 7. I moved the wallet.dat to my mac and it's encrypted too.

I'm not sure because it was a few months ago, but I think I've downloaded from the original website. I installed it only once.

I'm trying to think if I encrypted the wallet and no remember that, but the thing is that I didn't have it in my mind and last week I've tried to encrypt it and couldn't because the menu was grey. I also tried all the passwords I could ever put with no results.

Three months mining and now i've got nothing  Sad

nodesupply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:10:26 PM

You could probably try brute forcing it with known password combinations? Maybe ask your friends who may have touched your PC?
malvino (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 05:36:18 PM

I have a list of all the passwords I've tried, and everytime I have a minute I'm trying new ones. Hope one day I'll find the right one.

No one touches the computer except me. But if you torture me asking for the password I'll say I didn't encrypted the wallet. I really can't remember that. But as you say I must be the only possibility.

Thank you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: