Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Found support where I hoped  (Read 2168 times)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

Its looking more and more like we are back on the uptrend. Me thinks no crash, bull mode on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:32:21 AM

I'm a bull, but I think that support line is pretty baseless.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:39:37 AM

I'm a bull, but I think that support line is pretty baseless.

I agree, thats why i put the word 'hope' in there. It does look like a nice bounce has happened off it though.
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:48:52 AM

Thanks for a hype-free post with some analysis to back it up.

I don't put too much store in short-term TA though in the mid to long term it is generally useful.

BTC at the moment seems to be all about gut-feeling and short-term profits - and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I just hope for their sake that a lot of the perma-bulls around here don't get caught out on what I see as an eventual though perhaps slow rise.

The fundamentals are looking better every day.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

Its looking more and more like we are back on the uptrend. Me thinks no crash, bull mode on.

some constructive criticism:

this channel isn't very good. at least you have two points, but you need more for a 'robust' line. the reason for this being that a line needs only two points to be defined. that means, there will exist an arbitrary line across any two 'peaks' or 'dips'. in your picture, this is exactly what you've done.

for more robust lines, look closely. try to find a line that has three points of contact or more.

hope this helped Smiley

--arepo

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:00:26 AM

this channel isn't very good. at least you have two points, but you need more for a 'robust' line. the reason for this being that a line needs only two points to be defined. that means, there will exist an arbitrary line across any two 'peaks' or 'dips'. in your picture, this is exactly what you've done.

for more robust lines, look closely. try to find a line that has three points of contact or more.

hope this helped Smiley

--arepo

Hehehe I can see why you think my line isn't really valid based on the chart I shared here, (click the link in my sig if you want my full analysis Smiley ) On a three month chart that top line has at least 5 points of contact. Three as support and now 2 as resistance the last two which you can see above. The lower line is one I hoped would be validated (and looks like it is being.)
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:06:35 AM

hope this helped Smiley

--arepo

Hehehe I can see why you think my line isn't really valid based on the chart I shared here, (click the link in my sig if you want my full analysis Smiley ) On a three month chart that top line has at least 5 points of contact. Three as support and now 2 as resistance the last two which you can see above. The lower line is one I hoped would be validated (and looks like it is being.)

got the fuller picture -- very good analysis, my apologies. very cool how supports become resistances. if you'd like, i've come to similar conclusions about the trend by identifying patterns in the RSI, and William's %R oscillators, you could take a look at my "arepo's" analysis thread.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:14:16 AM

hope this helped Smiley

--arepo

got the fuller picture -- very good analysis, my apologies. very cool how supports become resistances. if you'd like, i've come to similar conclusions about the trend by identifying patterns in the RSI, and William's %R oscillators, you could take a look at my "arepo's" analysis thread.

I'll check out your thread, I'm always interested when I see similar conclusions based on different types of analysis
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:22:29 AM

actually, i now realize that i didn't post it explicitly in the thread, as the original diagram was part of the price report, so my subscribers had a copy.

it looks something like this:

-===-

1-month 6-hour scale:

-===-

there is clearly some error in the data points (the trendline underestimates the actual support), but that bounce is indicative of finding support along a lower trend.

--arepo

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:27:21 AM

Thanks for that chart arepo Smiley RSI looks pretty bullish I'd say
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:29:04 AM

Going to have to go, supposed to be working!  Roll Eyes Will leave this thread to do what it will.
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:33:55 AM

Thanks for that chart arepo Smiley RSI looks pretty bullish I'd say

yeah, we took a hit but i think we're okay, mid-term.

for some fundamentals, i attribute it to a number of factors, from a growing utility to a growing userbase and increased mainstream exposure.

thanks for checking out my work Smiley it is very cool when you can come to the same conclusion via different techniques-- it's almost as if TA refers to functional, scientific methods. Roll Eyes

--arepo

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:41:23 AM

I have no idea about TA, but my gut feeling is the following: if we break under $120, next bounce will be at $85ish

And I have the sensation that we will enter in mid-term bear market. Bottom will not be so low as per 2011, and the recovery won't be so slow, because the fundamentals are stronger and the media attention is still positive.

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:44:45 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 11:03:41 AM by arepo

I have no idea about TA, but my gut feeling is the following: if we break under $120, next bounce will be at $85ish

And I have the sensation that we will enter in mid-term bear market. Bottom will not be so low as per 2011, and the recovery won't be so slow, because the fundamentals are stronger and the media attention is still positive.

i can agree with you generally. this is a critical moment. recovery from $120 will be short-term bullish, break under $120 will be short-term bearish.

in the meantime, i found another oscillator with an even more precise trendline.

-===-

1-month 6-hour scale:

-===-

lookin good so far...

--arepo

edit: just noticed that random line on the price graph.. you can safely ignore that. i clearly need some sleep after many, many hours of daytrading Cheesy

KillaMarci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

This is the first TA that actually sounds and looks plausible to me...good work. Smiley

This would mean a growth of ~13% per week. It won't be allowed to go under 130 by tommorow.

You want me to own Bitcoins? No problem. Tongue
18MeAJDurj9oeC5gha7nRFeqHNLdBUVoEj
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

This is the first TA that actually sounds and looks plausible to me...good work. Smiley

This would mean a growth of ~13% per week. It won't be allowed to go under 130 by tommorow.

you've got it! Wink

that's the trendline we just caught. it's not rocket science haha

KillaMarci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:13:25 AM

(IMAGE REMOVED BECAUSE QUOTE)

you've got it! Wink

that's the trendline we just caught. it's not rocket science haha

Haha yes I know Wink I just wanted to validate it yet again using Bitcoinity. It's nice to see I can learn something from you guys. Thanks for your work!

You want me to own Bitcoins? No problem. Tongue
18MeAJDurj9oeC5gha7nRFeqHNLdBUVoEj
nkspace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:15:29 AM

so becouse their are three points which show a matching under spike, that is considered the trend line
ahhahahahahahahha

i could show you a trend line which proves that bitcoins worth 50 dollars
that graph means nothing !
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:25:59 PM

so becouse their are three points which show a matching under spike, that is considered the trend line
ahhahahahahahahha

i could show you a trend line which proves that bitcoins worth 50 dollars
that graph means nothing !

show me. 3 points makes a robust trendline...

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:40:09 PM

My take on this is that it's important for btc to remain above 130 over the weekend so we can continue seeing stability into next week.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: