Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:13:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best staying position for GPU ?  (Read 769 times)
dj_muncher (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:46:29 AM

hi, i need some help, i have a mining PC for 2 month and working well.
I am interested in position of GPU. My GPUs staying like in the picture. The main idea is cool air is goes down from physic Smiley Temperature is always higher than down.
is this a good idea or not ?  

http://i64.tinypic.com/ogjl0p.jpg

AsRock FATAL1TY Z97X KILLER
INTEL Celeron G1840
TEAM DDR3-1600 4GB
2 x AEROCOOL VX 800W
6 x ASUS Radeon RX 480 (DUAL-RX480-O4G)
Sata Hdd 500gb
Dinmaster

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:35:32 AM

i don't see a problem with the way you have it considering most cards get cold air for the face of the card and hot air goes out the front, back, top and bottom of the card. should be fine, you could always try standing them like everyone else and see if the temp changes running long term.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:49:12 AM

i don't see a problem with the way you have it considering most cards get cold air for the face of the card and hot air goes out the front, back, top and bottom of the card. should be fine, you could always try standing them like everyone else and see if the temp changes running long term.

according to my option there is only one problem, dust. too much dust GPUs, but perhaps its because of windows. its always open.
is there any other specific reason for standing them like everyone ?
Dodnastes

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:50:19 AM

I think your setting is good. You can confirm it by chaning the direction of the cards and see the temperature difference.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:28:58 AM

I think your setting is good. You can confirm it by chaning the direction of the cards and see the temperature difference.

I have another question, whats is the best solution for cooling down room Cheesy because of mining PC room gets hot
Lenorag

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:31:05 PM

i was thinking about 180° of you solution, but because gravity force and fluids in the pipes ...
In you solution at the moment there liquid in heatpipes changing they aggregate state to gas on contact surfaces, what are on the top. You bacame a bubbles, and new luquid has problem to became a contact direct to hottest surfaces.
My solution where better, so the steam bubbles will go up like in a pan with water on the kitchen stove

something like this from Genesis mining farm in Island

RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:32:37 AM

i was thinking about 180° of you solution, but because gravity force and fluids in the pipes ...
In you solution at the moment there liquid in heatpipes changing they aggregate state to gas on contact surfaces, what are on the top. You bacame a bubbles, and new luquid has problem to became a contact direct to hottest surfaces.
My solution where better, so the steam bubbles will go up like in a pan with water on the kitchen stove

I have another question, whats is the best solution for cooling down room Cheesy because of mining PC room gets hot
I tried alot of solutions of fans they all failed , some of them even make the temp. go higher , the only solution which dropped down the temp immediatly is the ventillation , your mining room should have a very good ventillation of the hot air constantly.

2016 GPU Miner
Dodnastes

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:45:29 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/29b1svp.jpg

I tried alot of solutions of fans they all failed , some of them even make the temp. go higher , the only solution which dropped down the temp immediatly is the ventillation , your mining room should have a very good ventillation of the hot air constantly.

I use fan to extract the hot air.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: