Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving away free BTC with product sales?  (Read 986 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:43:57 PM

I am currently setting up a website that will sell a high quality apparel label, along with other items including Bitcoin merchandise. In order to help spread the Bitcoin message I would also like to give away around 0.1BTC per sale of each T-Shirt. I would like to ask, what is the most efficient/most secure way of doing this? Obviously it is essentially that the code is redeemable once and to the exact specified amount, ideally I would like to print some form of card that I can pack inside the T-Shirt or on a swing tag. These will be small giveaways so the ability to easily create the necessary code per item is important. I will also provide additional info on the items to help users understand Bitcoin and how they redeem their code. I have lots of great ideas to incorporate Bitcoin I just need to solve some of these basic problems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:46:00 PM

Private Key QR code with instructions on how to scan in the QR code to blockchain.info, to then move /use the coins with other services /wallets

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:54:44 PM

"give away around 0.1BTC per sale of each T-Shirt"

How much are you going to charge for these shirts?

0.1BTC is around $13 or £8 at today's rate.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:56:19 PM

Private Key QR code with instructions on how to scan in the QR code to blockchain.info, to then move /use the coins with other services /wallets

Yes, that or also include the 4 lines of code of the Private key itself.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:59:12 PM

Market it like those coupons where you get as rebates for your purchases. Maybe ' Get Approximately $13 back for your purchase with this Bitcoin coupon redeemable for cash!' to get them interested?
crystalharmon13

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:06:34 PM

Are you trying to target new users into bitcoin or are you targeting existing bitcoin users? Is there any sample of how your shirt looks like?
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:15:38 PM

"give away around 0.1BTC per sale of each T-Shirt"

How much are you going to charge for these shirts?

0.1BTC is around $13 or £8 at today's rate.

I realise this, 0.1BTC would be for the premium T-Shirts with artwork, sexy packaging and so on. There will also be added benefits to buying the higher grade premium shirts, I intend to create a brand that supports both affiliates and customers with prizes, ways to earn money an so on. I wont see my "customers" as people who buy the products, I will treat them as partners, I will go into all that another time.

Yes, that or also include the 4 lines of code of the Private key itself.
Can I create the private key with Armoury? I have generated QR Codes before but I have not notices the feature allowing to add a specific amount into a the code.

Market it like those coupons where you get as rebates for your purchases. Maybe ' Get Approximately $13 back for your purchase with this Bitcoin coupon redeemable for cash!' to get them interested?

I already have the coupon system set up, I am thinking more along the lines of additional rewards which would bring new users to Bitcoin. I am also developing additional services that use Bitcoins too so I have a reason to give out these BTC beyond just marketing the product and supporting Bitcoin, I have a strategy. Wink
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:18:03 PM

Are you trying to target new users into bitcoin or are you targeting existing bitcoin users? Is there any sample of how your shirt looks like?

My target audience will not be directed solely towards Bitcoin users, however one of the sub brands will address Concurrency Smiley. Here is a sample of one of the first LevitatedINK design, sorry I cannot provide better samples, I am having some time off to the see the GF so things are a little hectic today lol.

I also created these designs on a budget (payed in BTC) for a client, I was restricted by time and brief but LevitatedINK will be free of those limitations.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:30:19 PM

Why not have them email you with their order number and btc address. Sems like a better way to do this

ok
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:39:07 PM

Why not have them email you with their order number and btc address. Sems like a better way to do this

I think hes trying to do something more on the lines of:

Wow neat shirt (buys)

Then they open and see a $20 cash gift.
But what the hell is bitcoin?

Google:bitcioin

Create wallet
New bitcoin user
profit
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:20:25 PM

I think hes trying to do something more on the lines of:

Wow neat shirt (buys)

Then they open and see a $20 cash gift.
But what the hell is bitcoin?

Google:bitcioin

Create wallet
New bitcoin user
profit

ya, he can manually send them bitcoins.. he can put in the voucher inside the orders..
a person who receives the voucher emails him their order number (or voucher number) and whatever bitcoin address they wish to use

ok
Bitcoinm

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:08:04 AM

Why not give them a code to redeem proprietary "OwenPrescott Coins" which could be redeemed for Bitcoins on your site, or could be used as part of the prize/money earning part of your brand?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: